EA plans a "fundamental shift" in how it makes games, says CEO

Rafy

Both this and Microsoft giving a damn about PC gaming will happen at the same time... never.Well, I'll believe it when I see it.

There was a time when Electronic Arts was literally the worst company in America. That time was last year, actually, and even though it managed to avoid the three-peat in 2014, there's no question that EA has a long way to go to shed its less-than-sterling reputation. Fortunately for those concerned about such things, CEO Andrew Wilson has a plan.

Simplistically put, Wilson said the new mandate at EA is to ensure its games are functional and fun at a much earlier stage in the process than it has in the past, to be more rigorous about ensuring quality control through the process and to be willing to delay a game's launch when it's necessary. That may sound like simple common sense, but Wilson told Kotaku that it represents a "fundamental shift" in its processes.

"I really want us to change as a company and start making more new stuff, and in order to do that, you have to get feedback, and in order to get feedback, you have to be willing to open the curtain and have a conversation about it early," he said. "And those fears you would have had in years gone by of competitive advantage and what if someone else sees what you're doing and will they build it quicker? At the end of the day if we build a great game, it doesn't matter."

http://www.pcgamer.c...games-says-ceo/Source:http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/18/electronic-arts-plans-a-fundamental-shift-in-how-it-makes-games-says-ceo/Other Sources:

Click here to view the article

If this means more betas then it's a good thing, however as you say OP I will believe when I see.

Will this mean finished games, i mean i got BF4 on ps4 a couple of months after release, and it was still unfinished and broken, loving the beta for BF Hardline tho!

Battlefail 4 made some impact i see.

But its still a pile of shit lies.Prolly trying to improve their image its not like we can see what they do behind closed doors,only final products and they prolly will still suck,lets see.

I guess it's time for Bill and Bob

Bob: "So this is my press release. This should really appease folk don't you think?"

Bill: "....Yes it should, but how do you plan on delivering on all that?"

Bob: "What do you mean Bill?"

Bill: "Well Bob, games don't magically come together, things take time and sometimes they don't go as smoothly as we want"

Bob: "Oh I see, no worries I'll just hire more people"

Bill: "What? We already have several teams of like 200 people Bob, this isn't fucking legos you can't just throw more people and money at a problem and expect solutions!"

Bob: "Hmm? Sorry the strippers are here, alright baby yeah, I'll take care of you too EA style, making it rain!!!"

Bill: "Right you are Bob *sigh* I guess I'll start working on the backpedaling statement for when we fucking fail to meet deadlines"

-------

Current Rig

-------

We will see EA, at this rate you shouldn't worry Ubisoft seems to want your spot as the worst company of the year.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

1. Stop forcing Origin(optional)

2. Get rid of Battlelog

3. Release FINISHED games

4. Stop cramming DLC down our throats

Until you fix those four things, I'm not buying your games, ever. Last one was BF3. I don't care how good Hardline is, or Mirror's Edge 2. You and Ubisoft have made your beds and you will lie in it until you change the sheets.

1. No more Origin (or at least stop shoving it so far down our throats it comes out our asses.

2. Make Battlefield something like the console, where you don't have to use Battlelog in order to play the game

3. No more BETAfields. Make them done.

4. Fuck paid DLC.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Origin is just fine folks. We NEED competition to Steam plain and simple. Valve isn't this "all good things 100% of the time" company either. Better than EA in many ways but still not this saint of a company many people believe.

As for the rest...Uh-huh sure EA. Whatever you say. I'm more than willing to give them credit if they do change things but proof first than credit.

GMG sells Steam keys. Not really competition when most of the time you're buying a game to use on the service.

As for GoG, I like them but they're not in the same league. GoG is not viable competition. Viable being the key word here. CDP doesn't care about or want to be a challenger to Steam. They're doing their own thing.

GMG sells Steam keys. Not really competition when most of the time you're buying a game to use on the service.

As for GoG, I like them but they're not in the same league. GoG is not viable competition. Viable being the key word here. CDP doesn't care about or want to be a challenger to Steam. They're doing their own thing.

GMG can eventually distribute software themselves or add other partners. Gog already has at the very least The Witcher 3 going for it as well as a healthy influx of indie games. Both of this options are preferable to giving money to fucking EA.

Needing competition is no excuse to support a cancerous fucking company.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Unless I'm told about games being broken, I don't even notice anything wrong tbh

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Keep origin

Offer steam service as well

Release the game when it's ready

Offer timely bug fixes

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Why are you fuckers complaining about Dlc? If you expect them to include the 20 maps they add with the dlc in the standard game you've lost your mind.

The problem is that anyone who doesn't have premium is missing out on the majority of the game. A simple solution would be free dlc, like you guys want. But you have to realize that the amount of work it takes to make the dlc costs money too. Then one would say that they could make less dlc. This would work. But it's not exactly an elegant solution, because out of each dlc there is maybe one good map and three cruddy ones. In the release game there's maybe three good maps and seven cruddy ones.

The solution is for quality control on the maps released. Then you have two dlcs, a CQ/infantry one and a vehicle one. You end up with 16-20 decent maps, and a variety for people to play.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Why are you fuckers complaining about Dlc? If you expect them to include the 20 maps they add with the dlc in the standard game you've lost your mind.

We didn't lost our minds, we simply remember a time when what you describe was exactly the case: An FPS used to come with 20 maps.

-------

Current Rig

-------

We'll see EA, we'll see.

Origin is just fine folks. We NEED competition to Steam plain and simple. Valve isn't this "all good things 100% of the time" company either. Better than EA in many ways but still not this saint of a company many people believe.

As for the rest...Uh-huh sure EA. Whatever you say. I'm more than willing to give them credit if they do change things but proof first than credit.

Blasphemy. How dare you violate the sanctity of the temple of Steam to Gabe Newell. You will burn in the fires of eternal damnnation for this comment.

If it actually happens, good! If not, maybe one day.

Keep origin
Offer steam service as well
Release the game when it's ready
Offer timely bug fixes

Agreed. I like Origin and the only problem I have is that when bugs happen, they don't update the public on it or anything and it usually takes a week+ to be fixed.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well, I'll believe it when I see it.

They already started with Battlefield Hardline Beta coming out around 6 months before release and inviting the community to the devs to give feedback.

They also have now CTE in which they release 1-2  patches a week and take in the feedback of the players.

And their hole E3 press conference was looks inside the studios instead of the normal pre rendered crap that looks way better than the actual game.

They even let Criterion work a again on something they want too instead of Need For Speed.

And they gave Dead Space,Plants vs Zombies,Battlefield 3, and Peggle away for free.

EA>Ubisoft>Activision

RTX2070OC