Ubisoft promises Far Cry 4 on PS4, Xbox One is equal to high-end PC

TwistedDictator

Wait, people actually buy Ubisoft games on PC? I can't think of anything worse than being forced to use Uplay. It's on the same level as Origin, potentially worse.

Wait, people actually buy Ubisoft games on PC? I can't think of anything worse than being forced to use Uplay. It's on the same level as Origin, potentially worse.

I bought Far Cry 3 on PC.  I enjoyed the game, and I didn't notice Uplay existed for the most part other than seeing the window when I exited the game.

longlive TBP !!!!!

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

once again Ubisoft, do whatever the fuck you want just don't fuck up the division

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

once again Ubisoft, do whatever the fuck you want just don't fuck up the division

Lol too late for that, they've already revealed that they're doing the same thing with the Division (Re:graphics being same as consoles vs pc) and they're also adding in microtranscations (aka Pay To Win) into The Division too. . . . . . some piss poor justifications for their reasoning in adding in microtransactions too. . . . . they basically want to give players who don't have time to play games, a nice convenient shortcut over players who spend time actually. . . . . you know. . . .  PLAYING the game. . . . . . .

Good job ubisoft for fucking up the 2 games (FC4 & The Division) I was really looking forward to :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ubisoft and EA are like the TSA and the NSA. At first everyone hates the TSA, but then news hits about the NSA and all of sudden the TSA doesnt look that bad.... turns out EA is no longer looking that bad either.

ohhhhhh come on, really? "promises consoles is equal to high end pc"? 

So basically, they'll make the "high end pc" version look like crinkled paper to fall in line with consoles? 

Piss off Ubisoft, and take uplay with you as you leave.

Also:

"The PS4/XB1 versions will be the best console versions console players have yet seen, well above 360 and PS3 for Far Cry 4"

you've got to be kidding right, RIGHT!? NO FREAKING S**T IT WILL. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? THAT THE 360/PS3 VERSION WOULD LOOK BETTER? 

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

ThePirateBay

TheBiratePay,

Fixed that for ya!!!  :D

Well, now if my i5 2500k and 560 Ti Hawk both stock are a High end PC, I think the consoles and Ubi are in the right way!

Cheers!!! 

Will pirate and report back with SLi performance when the time comes. Probably going to be awful.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Ubisoft are the new wannabe as bad as EA company. I'm shaking my head in disbelief at people saying they are starting to like EA more now that Ubisoft are getting worst than they were before. Like Why, better to support the other publishes and studios that do the right thing and boycotting Ubisoft and EA when they do this crap. These companies only understand money and need to be hurt at their bottom line when they pull this crap so they start listening to their customers.

• 3 months later...

So will they lock the game to 1080p or 900p because you could run that game at 4k if you wanted. Or will they just un optimize the game so it runs at 30 fps all the time.

No, consoles don't run anything at 1080p, they upscale the graphics so it seems 1080p and I still don't understand how people can be satisfied with 30fps, have you ever seen comparisons? the problem is not "not running in 4k", even though someone with a 4k monitor should have the right to see 4k quality graphics... the problem is lowering PC's graphic optimization options to so the best optimization we can get is console equivalent... This meas, someone with a beast machine wont be able to run the game nearly as beautiful as they would. I think that people who work at Ubisoft as the designers for the arts that go into the game should protest, because they are not only being underrated for not having they're best job shown, but because they are being disrespected by they're employer, games are not only the greatest form of entertainment yet, they are art, just like movies, books, paintings. What if Picasso had to paint with a chicken bone instead of brushes because someone said: "We can sell more of those if you do it that way".

tl;dr: Not only we are getting robbed for what we expect to buy but the artists involved in the creation are being disrespected for not having they're work used as it should.

Not Going to buy AC; Unity, TC; The Division and last but no atleast Far Cry 4... until they optimize the game enough.

Keep on digging Ubisoft.... So there opinion of a "high end PC" will basically be a mid-end PC at best in terms of performance. Another game of Ubisofts I'm going to skip

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 | MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: Vengeance RGB @ 3200 | HDD: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb nVME M.2 | GPU: Powercolor 5700XT | CASE: Corsair Crystal X570 | PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750W | CPU COOLING: Full Custom EKWB CPU Water Loop | OS: Windows 10 Pro

This is why I said I am no longer going to buy their games, going to pirate them instead.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

The last game I brought from Ubisoft was Watchdogs. Now, after what they did with that game and what they've been saying I am going to refuse to buy any game they make for any platform they release it on. Its wrong and disgusting that they feel its good practice to down grade the PC version of there games, simply to imply graphically that the recent consoles are anything but crap is bad business. Its just a shame that more PC gamers can't or won't boycott there upcoming games just to make a point. It they did then maybe, just maybe, they would realise there mistake and do a 180 towards the PC. Their such a disappointing company. What a waste.

I'm going to enjoy pirating this game, delicious.

After buying Watch Dogs i won't fall for it again.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

origin is miles better. I'd go so far as to say that origin is better than steam - or at least I think the server backend (ironically) is better.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Case: Corsair 500R (BitFenix Spectre Pro LED Green) -  CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2 -  Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming -  GPUs: Asus Strix GTX 970  -  RAM: Kingston Black - 8GB 2133 -  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750G 750W -  Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3  -  HDDs: OCZ Vector 150 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Green 500GB -  Monitor: Acer B246HYL ymdpr 23.8 IPS  -  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical -  Audio: Sennheiser HD 600 - Magni 2/ Modi 2

origin is miles better. I'd go so far as to say that origin is better than steam - or at least I think the server backend (ironically) is better.

You're dead wrong.

One could say it's like comparing 3 person using a server with an i3, and 20000 persons using a server with an i7.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I have a PC for a reason. That is to play higher quality games. Will not buy any of this junk.

Dont give a hoot what 2 little numbers in the corner of my screen says. If the game is good, ill play it.