First build... 3000$ build... Nead help too bild

Just want to know if all this is compatible, makes sense, and will be cool. I'm pretty chill so just express your opinion about it however you want. My emphasis for this build is to make it powerful enough for autoCAD (auto desk applications) and games as messed up as watchdogs. The theme is, I guess, 'tuf'. I don't want to copy the never ending red black, etc. Hope you enjoy for the time being... Soon I will have pictures when I make sure that the rad fits into the case without hitting the blu ray player and shit like that (a few of the pieces I chose have been recently released, so they don't have many reviews). I know you're thinking that the dominator ram is too much and you don't need a blu ray player so please make constructive criticism as I am asking for your expertise. I'm not sure about the 1.08 ghz graphics card, the z97 motherboard, and the nzxt x61 because they are new. Thank you for reading, if you've gotten to this point, and don't be shy to comment.

Try this link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/hjames239/saved/PFkj4D

If the link doesn't work I also have screenshots,post-69385-0-69783700-1403047837_thumb.jpost-69385-0-25625000-1403047860_thumb.j

post-69385-0-69783700-1403047837_thumb.j

post-69385-0-25625000-1403047860_thumb.j

780ti and a better monitor

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Just want to know if all this is compatible, makes sense, and will be cool. I'm pretty chill so just express your opinion about it however you want. My emphasis for this build is to make it powerful enough for autoCAD (auto desk applications) and games as messed up as watchdogs. The theme is, I guess, 'tuf'. I don't want to copy the never ending red black, etc. Hope you enjoy for the time being... Soon I will have pictures when I make sure that the rad fits into the case without hitting the blu ray player and shit like that (a few of the pieces I chose have been recently released, so they don't have many reviews). I know you're thinking that the dominator ram is too much and you don't need a blu ray player so please make constructive criticism as I am asking for your expertise. I'm not sure about the 1.08 ghz graphics card, the z97 motherboard, and the nzxt x61 because they are new. Thank you for reading, if you've gotten to this point, and don't be shy to comment.

Try this link:

If the link doesn't work I also have screenshots,attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Why are you spending $135 on a non-mechanical keyboard? Mechanical keyboards are so much better for typing, gaming, and everything really, and you can get good ones for a couple bucks cheaper, too.

Why a Blu-Ray reader?

Get Windows for like $25 at G2A.

I would choose IPS over refresh rate if I were you.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($138.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($477.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($477.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.98 @ Newegg) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($51.08 @ Amazon) 

Other: korean 1440p ($350.00)

Total: $2723.86

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-17 19:39 EDT-0400

780ti and a better monitor

I'm doing 780 ti. I think that's the only thing I changed after I did the screenshot. :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($138.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.92 @ Amazon) 

Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.98 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($141.99 @ Newegg) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire XT Wired Slim Keyboard  ($81.98 @ Newegg) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($51.08 @ Amazon) 

Other: korean 1440p ($350.00)

Total: $2723.86

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-17 19:39 EDT-0400

That's pretty good!!! :) I'll have to think about that, thanks.

Why are you spending $135 on a non-mechanical keyboard? Mechanical keyboards are so much better for typing, gaming, and everything really, and you can get good ones for a couple bucks cheaper, too.

Why a Blu-Ray reader?

The windows thing is just the idea of it (windows 7 because of awesomeness). I'll probably get windows for free... Can't say how. I liked my k90... but Maybe I should change... but I got used to the design. None other at that price offer a nice little screen, etc.

The screen shots are older ones. The only update is that I'm doing 4x4gb of dominator platinum ram and I'm adding to noctua fans. Many say they're ugly but I dig the 450d brown fan front. :)

Mechanical keyboards are so much better for typing, gaming, and everything really,

My Steelseries APEX beg's to differ.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gCrPgs add in whatever keyboard and mouse and this is a good one

Not sure if you bought stuff yet but what you had is all compatible 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

That's pretty good!!! :) I'll have to think about that, thanks.

its better to get one 780ti then 2 780s. then in the future youll be able to sli the 780ti

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Such a powerful first build.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Why a Blu-Ray reader?

Mechanical keyboard is a personal preference, it's not anything better than a membrane one.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gCrPgs add in whatever keyboard and mouse and this is a good one

Not sure if you bought stuff yet but what you had is all compatible

Thanks a lot but spending money on sli will come later if the 780 ti's performance starts to deteriorate. That acer monitor is way too expensive though. I'm not sure but I haven't bought the case yet so I might go with a c70.

its better to get one 780ti then 2 780s. then in the future youll be able to sli the 780ti

Exactly what I was thinking. It's the way to go, if you're an average joe :)

Thanks a lot but spending money on sli will come later if the 780 ti's performance starts to deteriorate. That acer monitor is way too expensive though. I'm not sure but I haven't bought the case yet so I might go with a c70.

Corsair 760t. Pardon me :/

Definitely go for a 1440p monitor. You'll be able to get the most out of that graphics card. I'd recommend picking up one of those PLS Korean panels. It'll be worth the money.

Also why not get a mechanical keyboard for that price?

Definitely go for a 1440p monitor. You'll be able to get the most out of that graphics card. I'd recommend picking up one of those PLS Korean panels. It'll be worth the money.

Also why not get a mechanical keyboard for that price?

I'll check out those 1440p monitors but the asus is inexpensive and awsome. The keyboard I picked was just there for reference cost. I might get a ducky but keyboards don't matter it's the pc that comes first. :)

but the asus is inexpensive and awsome.

I agree I'm in the process of deciding between the two myself. I'm just not sure that the Asus is worth the extra $200

keyboards don't matter it's the pc that comes first. :)

I defiantly agree my current keyboard cost me $6 at Microcenter

The Kingpin edition card is worthless for the extra hundred, I would go for the regular ACX as well as the G2A windows edtion, so that should knock of 200 bucks you can spend on a bigger SSD or get a second for RAID 0.  Also, that Asus monitor is the total bomb.  Just my 2 cents. 

Try this link:

If the link doesn't work I also have screenshots, image.jpg image.jpg

what ever u do dont go 780 ti not much of a boost trust me I have two of dem not worth the extra 200

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb