PLEASE make Steam os as fast as possible! (look at link)

NeoChrome

What does that have to do with Steam OS and helping to make it as fast as possible?

I should be studying.

What does that have to do with Steam OS and helping to make it as fast as possible?

Maybe OP is trying to say you can make it faster by going to or back to Windows? :huh:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well if MS doesn't support PC gamers.. why stay on Windows? thats the point.. Boycoting it as soon as i get an alternative to gaming! If they don't care about gaming then i don't care about windows.. easy

Well if MS doesn't support PC gamers.. why stay on Windows? thats the point.. Boycoting it as soon as i get an alternative to gaming! If they don't care about gaming then i don't care about windows.. easy

E3 is a console oriented event. It has been for years now. Microsoft was always going to focus on Xbox at E3, regardless of their level of dedication to the PC platform. They're working on DX12 and a new OS, what more can they do? 

They said E3 is a console focused event so they focused on Xbox. MS has never really supported PC gaming so nothing is new besides DirectX 12 :D . People use their computers for other things besides gaming so we should be pushing gaming on Linux if you want to get away from Windows. Steam OS is really only useful if you want a "console" esc experience. You can make the switch now if you want. I already have and only use Windows for exclusives. You should explain yourself in your post more. Most people won't understand your post after reading the article.

I should be studying.

I think he is trying to say that we need to be saved from this by steam os?

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I think he is trying to say that we need to be saved from this by steam os?

YES!

I'm just waiting for more games to come out for Steam OS... unfortunately, the big studios seems to shy away from Linux some for reason.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

All they have to support is directx, nothing else.

All they have to support is directx, nothing else.

If everyone used OpenGL insted we could all more to linux and stop wasting money on rubbish windows

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

If everyone used OpenGL insted we could all more to linux and stop wasting money on rubbish windows

So, you are saying that you use a PC as a overpriced gaming console? You do NOTHING else with your system?

The problem is... I don't think OpenGL works very well.

Pilates

They focused on the xbox because if they had showed pc nobody would have cared about the console anymore. It's like presenting a ferrari together with an opel agila.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The problem is... I don't think OpenGL works very well.

Hmm no not really. OpenGL and DirectX have its issues and work around needed. DirectX devs will tell you how OpenGL sucks, and OpenGL dev will you how DirectX sucks. (I am referring to developers using them). Its just a preference thing.

So, you are saying that you use a PC as a overpriced gaming console? You do NOTHING else with your system?

If by PC you mean windows OS then yes pretty much although I obviously use other programs etc but if I want to do anything technical networking hosting etc. then I always use linux. For what i like to do linux is superiour to windows in most ways I use windows only for gaming(DirectX) nothing else unusual. Thats why It would be good if opengl was used more not that its better or not because I'm not a game dev but I doubt they are that different if they where valve couldn't have ported it's games so easily.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

"Fast" and "Valve" mix about as well as water and oil though: expect Steam OS on late 2015 at best but more likely 2016.

-------

Current Rig

-------

But do people actually realize that "consoles" are smaller factor PC's that run custom Operating Systems?

Steam OS is really only useful if you want a "console" esc experience.

It is a fully functioning Linux OS.

It is a fully functioning Linux OS.

I would rather use something I am used to like Debian. I wouldn't switch and I don't think most Linux users would either. You can already play all the Steam OS games on Linux. The streaming is the only nifty thing about it.

I should be studying.

I would rather use something I am used to like Debian. I wouldn't switch and I don't think most Linux users would either. You can already play all the Steam OS games on Linux. The streaming is the only nifty thing about it.

I think most Linux users who like gaming will switch, or at least dual it. Linux sucks for gaming, unless you like racing penguins down slopes :)

I just want full on game support on all linux distros. (and gpu support of course) especially on fedora. Since i like it.. I mean.. It's got a friggin "yum" command in the terminal. I just like that.

(Damn it.. Now i want a distro with a "Nam Nam" or "Nom Nom" command...)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I think most Linux users who like gaming will switch, or at least dual it. Linux sucks for gaming, unless you like racing penguins down slopes :)

Linux users who already have their preferred distro do not need to switch to steamOS unless they want a particular feature such as the streaming. SteamOS games work perfectly well on the other Linux distros. Basically valve's efforts have the effect of uplifting the entire Linux ecosystem. Desktop power users will Either use a different distro which they are comfortable with, or they will use steamOS in desktop mode and install the additional packages they need outside of steam.

There is not such thing as "SteamOS", it's Debian with Valve/Steam wallpaper.