Was It Worth It?

Look back on your computer as you built it and everything and answer me this. "Was It Worth It?"

I'm building a really big build and im just curious if after all is said and done. "Was It Worth It?"

Take everything into account, time, money, heart ache, everything.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Looking at my build now, yes it was worth it. All the time spent tinkering with the cables and perfecting my overclocks it was time well spent and money well spent. It's another thing I'm proud of besides being good at exams :p

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

For me. When I built my first rig, all I wanted was something I could play games in high def. Back then I had minimal knowledge about PC's and all I knew was an i5 was good and anything about x40 series was good enough. After I first got the system I got into Pc's even more and spent so much more upgrading. At the end of the day I look at my Rig and say It was worth it. :) I found a passion and I found something to do that may actually help me in the future. :)  

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

For me. When I built my first rig, all I wanted was something I could play games in high def. Back then I had minimal knowledge about PC's and all I knew was an i5 was good and anything about x40 series was good enough. After I first got the system I got into Pc's even more and spent so much more upgrading. At the end of the day I look at my Rig and say It was worth it. :) I found a passion and I found something to do that may actually help me in the future. :)  

thats kinda how i see myself going. i knew very little but now i know more and it made me have a love for PC's

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Yes. My rig is worth it. Plain and simple.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

when i spent $300 on my first ps3 i felt guilty as i didnt even realy use it so i took it back......5 times....lol. in contrast, when i spent $3600 on my workstation that i use constantly..... never looked back. as long as you have no second thought before pressing the check out button im sure u will be fine :)

Of course. $900 bucks for my rig was a good deal in my opinion

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I would be curious to see what people like Snef and some of the other serious case modders thoughts are - was it worth it for them?

I would be curious to see what people like Snef and some of the other serious case modders thoughts are - was it worth it for them?

ya that was my big reason for asking. and linus and his 900 year long build

No it was not because when I bought it I just wanted a PC to play Minecraft so I bought a crappy pre built one. But what I have upgraded since then (case, psu, and gpu) was worth it.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Yes. The experience alone was worth the money. I value experience more than money. :D

My actual tower was worth it. I wish I bought IPS or VS monitors instead of TN though. 

1100$ for a PC which still performs decently a year and a half later and gives me bragging rights since I don't know anyone with a better PC? HELL YES! :)

*Looks at laptop that I bought that had 2 price cuts right after.*

Yeah.

my first rig not so much, my current rig totally! its quiet, fast, small, portable, power efficient, sexy, overclocks like a dream, plays all games at ultimate, multitasking power house, after all big purchases you find ways to doubt it but everything has been great its total cost after monitors and peripherals is over $2k, i would do it again with a few small changes, namely products that werent out yet when i made a purchase

worth every penny

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Looking at my sexy first build and realising that i'm only 16 and how the majority of people have no idea about computer hardware.

Yep, definitely worth it, especially when you top it off with the fact that you come from a crappy C2D E4400 and a GT9500

It was definitely worth it when I realize this hobby landed me a job at Micro Center during a time when work is scarce. I do have a lot of regrets about specific components I have purchased in the past, however. For example, the first case I ever bought was an Antec DF-85, which as a piece of garbage that I have since replaced with the Fractal Design Define R4. It is a very satisfying hobby though. Too bad it burns such a big hole in my wallet, which is thin enough as it is.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I build in cycles..meaning I replace a part here a part there so I don't really build a while "rig" but I always get that best bang for buck and because I replace the slowest part in the current setup I often times see/feel improvements. :)

No, not really. I built my PC while not paying attention to release cycles, i bought my parts months apart, all around i was so enthusiastic about getting onto the i7 bandwagon i lost sight of good planning and ultimately fell flat on my face.

Not to say my build isn't good though!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

After having it for over a year, YES it was worth it!  :D

minus the PSU

Main Rig: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.7Ghz, Noctua NH-U12s, Asus z68 V-Pro, Evga GTX 970, Samsung EVO 250Gb, Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600 MHz 16GB,fractal design define r3, XFX XXX 850W

Laptop: Clevo w230st, 13.3" 1080p screen,  CPU intel i5 4200M(Someone want's to donate a i7-4700qm? :P), 8gb ram 1600Mhz, Geforce gtx 765m, SSD: mSata Evo 120Gb(still room for one more), HHD: 1Tb 7200rpm, 

Absolutely... it's just money after all.  lol.

I generally regret it 5 minutes after purchase and then never again.  Do I need what I have?  No.  Would I change a thing?  Not a chance.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Half half I would say. Im proud that I've saved so much for my rig but at the same time disappointed at its performance. My 7970 and i7 struggles with some modern games, even if overclocked.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Though I gained much experience and knowledge along with a profound hobby which is priceless, looking back at my rig with how much I paid for and what I got, I surely could have got way better parts.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

If i use it then it is worth it.

My case, was not worth it at all, I had the option between a secondhand Corsair 650D (that had 2 drill holes in it) and a brand new Phantom 410 Red, for the same price. I opted for the Phantom 410, and the hard drive cages don't work, the front of the case comes off way too easy, there's hardly any space in it. Ugh. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -