Looking for advice about console purchase.

Totallycasual
Go to solution Solved by Totallycasual,

Thanks for the great feedback guys i think i will go ahead and get the Wii U  :)

Hello there, generally speaking im a PC gamer but because Rockstar didn't have GTAV on PC right from the start i went out and got a PS3 just to play it and aside from playing GTAV it just sits there gathering dust but now that the PC version has been announced i have a decision to make. Should i trade it in and get a WiiU (wouldn't mind catching up on all the Zelda's i have missed since N64 days) or should i grab a PS4-Xbox1? 

I have a very decent PC so no real need for a next gen console but wouldn't mind spicing up my gaming diet. I'm almost sure about a WiiU but worried there is some new type of WiiU right around the corner and maybe i should hold off for a little while, just seeking the thoughts of others who have been faces with similar choices recently thank you for your feedback  :P

neither, just use the money and some other money to get a second 780 if you can.

Diamond 5 in League :)

(i did the same thing, my ps3 is used for gta and netflix lol)

I think you should trade it for a wiiu 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I'm a nintendo fanboy and a pc gamer at the same time. I will always say that nintendo makes THE BEST FIRST PARTY GAMES. I would go for a Wii U. I believe you can play an updated Wind Waker on it, along with Skyward Sword. Also I think you can play Twilight Princess in the virtual console.

Read this thread on LTT: "PS3 Games recommendations". Any system will have a varied library of exclusives worthy playing.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Wii U is the only console worth a damn, the rest arent worth it, most of their games comes to PC in a better state

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Or a 3DS and play some zelda/pokemon/mario on that ;)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I'm almost sure about a WiiU but worried there is some new type of WiiU right around the corner and maybe i should hold off for a little while

I don't think there's much of a chance of that happening. This generation of consoles will be around for quite a while yet and even if Nintendo cut it as short as they did the Gamecube we're still talking at least 2017. I'd put my money on them holding out a couple years beyond that even given how long a game Sony and Microsoft seem to want to play. Plus if they were looking at changing direction that radically within the next year or so they would have said something at E3. Instead they announced a bunch of Wii U games for 2015. So it's here to stay.

I believe you can play an updated Wind Waker on it, along with Skyward Sword. Also I think you can play Twilight Princess in the virtual console.

Just a slight correction. You're right about Wind Waker but Twilight Princess is not a VC game, the Wii version of it though you can play it in the same way you'd play Skyward Sword. So you need the WiiMote and Nunchuck and the disk. Beyond that you can play Link to the Past, the original NES Zelda, Zelda 2 and Minish Cap on the VC. You can play Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time but you need to jump through some hoops and you'll have to play it on the Wii backwards compatibility mode within the Wii U. Because they don't have the N64 VC for the Wii U working yet.

It's interesting because on the 3DS you can play every portable Zelda game in some way except for Minish Cap plus there's that nice 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time. Then on the Wii U you can easily play every console Zelda game in some form except for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask plus there's the GBA VC with Minish Cap. So between the two you can natively play every single Zelda game without much hassle.... except Majora's Mask.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Ah my mistake! 

Can you even play oracle of seasons/ages on the 3DS somehow? And I love minish cap so thats a bit of a bummer :\

Also just to note, Majora's Mask was my first vidya game ever. My favorite game to this day :P love my N64.

Wii U. 

And I say that as an Xbox One owner who doesn't have a Wii U yet.

Right now it's the better option - cheaper, a good number of must-play games already out and more on the way. 

I would say the end of 2015 is the time it will be really worth it to buy an Xbox One or PS4. Right now they are both still developing.

Can you even play oracle of seasons/ages on the 3DS somehow?

Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 are on the 3DS VC

Zelda 1, Zelda 2, A Link to the Past and Minish Cap are on the Wii U VC

;) 

If you insist on buying one of them, get the ps4

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

If you insist on buying one of them, get the ps4

?

Why?

He already has a PC, so the power advantage is meaningless as he'll get better graphics playing cross-platform games there. Buying a console when you already own a PC is about - exclusives and added features. 

When it comes to added features the PS4 is in third place. It's pretty much a box that plays games. When it comes to exclusives, PS4 is a pretty barren right now.

They've been spamming the internet with these "the best games are on PS4!" adverts - featuring Watchdogs (on every platform in the world), Destiny (on all consoles) and The Last of Us Remaster (a up-res of a PS3 game).

It kind of sums up their desperation right now tbh. It's also not really helped by the fact that most of Sony's big name exclusives are focussed on single player campaigns that will be wrapped up in a long weekend. 

I reckon at the end of 2015, maybe mid 2016 will be the crossing point where it's worth getting a PS4. Right now all it has going for it is an unrealistic ratio of internet hype to actual performance, and the veneer is starting to come off a bit as people realise that the "gamers platform" actually doesn't have "the games" - just the marketing slogans.

?

Why?

He already has a PC, so the power advantage is meaningless as he'll get better graphics playing cross-platform games there. Buying a console when you already own a PC is about - exclusives and added features.

When it comes to added features the PS4 is in third place. It's pretty much a box that plays games. When it comes to exclusives, PS4 is a pretty barren right now.

They've been spamming the internet with these "the best games are on PS4!" adverts - featuring Watchdogs (on every platform in the world), Destiny (on all consoles) and The Last of Us Remaster (a up-res of a PS3 game).

It kind of sums up their desperation right now tbh. It's also not really helped by the fact that most of Sony's big name exclusives are focussed on single player campaigns that will be wrapped up in a long weekend.

I reckon at the end of 2015, maybe mid 2016 will be the crossing point where it's worth getting a PS4. Right now all it has going for it is an unrealistic ratio of internet hype to actual performance, and the veneer is starting to come off a bit as people realise that the "gamers platform" actually doesn't have "the games" - just the marketing slogans.

Because the question isnt IF. The question is ONE OF THE 2.

If OP wants a damn console. The ps4 is better than a damn xbone

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

His question was actually whether he should get a PS4, Xbox One or Wii U. My personal answer was Wii U. Yours was PS4 and I asked why?

I'm still asking why? 

Why is a PS4 a better option for him, given he already owns a PC? It's not like better performance over Xbox One in mutliplats makes a difference to him when he can play those multiplats on his PC and have them perform better than they do on PS4.

The Wii U has the most games worth playing.

The Xbox One and PS4 are roughly even on games count, so its a matter or taste, but the Xbox One has some "entertainment centre" functionality that would offer him something a PC doesn't.

So why a PS4? What does it actually have other than hype?

Hello there, generally speaking im a PC gamer but because Rockstar didn't have GTAV on PC right from the start i went out and got a PS3 just to play it and aside from playing GTAV it just sits there gathering dust but now that the PC version has been announced i have a decision to make. Should i trade it in and get a WiiU (wouldn't mind catching up on all the Zelda's i have missed since N64 days) or should i grab a PS4-Xbox1? 

I have a very decent PC so no real need for a next gen console but wouldn't mind spicing up my gaming diet. I'm almost sure about a WiiU but worried there is some new type of WiiU right around the corner and maybe i should hold off for a little while, just seeking the thoughts of others who have been faces with similar choices recently thank you for your feedback  :P

Wii U :D

most Ps4 and XBone games are multiplatform and may/will come to the PC, so you can have everything with a WiU PC combo :D IMO.

I personally have a Ps3 (for true exclusives, which are non-existent on this gen so far) and a WiiU (for those nintendo games dawg) and a PC for all the AAA games (not made by nintendo)

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

Specifically the question was "PS4, XBOne or Wii U?" and half the post included talk about the Wii U and wanting to play Zelda......

For me, all the worthwhile games on the PS4/X1 come to the PC eventually. Makes it easy for me to look at one or two exclusive games and say "Not worth spending $460+." Wii U is finally starting to get some decent games though, and you can't get them on the PC, so I've been eyeing that system more lately. E3 sold me on their coming lineup, so I think it's more a matter of when I get a Wii U.

Thanks for the great feedback guys i think i will go ahead and get the Wii U  :)