PS Vita or Nvidia Shield?

xRAGExSounDxRIOTX

I'm not sure if I should have put this in off-topic, but here we go. I'm conflicted on what to get. I want the Vita because of the Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper collections, Little Big Planet, ModNation Racers, AC liberation, and the fact that it is portable. I want the Shield because I can stream from my PC, and play most games on it. However, the Shield is heavier and less portable.

Do any of you guys have any experience with either of these, or both them, and want to give their opinion on which one to buy?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I'd go for the shield as it'll give you a MUCH better experience.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

PC streaming is awesome, that's for sure. But Vita does possess exclusives. I have a PSP and it's still fun, playing Vice City Stories and God of war still feels great.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

What do you want more, Sony games or emulators?

I have the Shield myself and most of the games on the market aren't really making the platform great for gaming on right now. While I love it, I mainly only play this game called Reaper and then Pokemon Black 2 (emulator). While there's a few GTA games on Android, like I said the platform isn't quite there yet to be attractive to most gamers. It's more of a niche device and a head-turner. People ask me all the time what the hell I'm playing games on, haha. I just wish it had more games other than emulators.

Then there's the Gamestream side. Most of the time, you'll only have a good enough connection to your PC while on the same network. You can Gamestream over other networks now if your PC is online, but if the download speed on the network you're on and your home upload speed sucks, then you'll have a bad, laggy experience. I tried playing Watch Dogs on my Shield from my school and it was lagging like crazy and sometimes it would disconnect completely, so I gave up.

both lol, i would get the vita first then the shield because you can play the exclusives on the vita and your pc games on the pc games

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

If you have a Playstation 4 get the vita

If you have a powerful Nvidia based computer get the Nvidia Shield.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Get the Shield, since you have a GTX 780, and that will give a excellent streaming experience when you play on the shield

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Vita... If you want to play pc games, you can use your pc. Streaming may be nice, but with the Vita you'll be able to play all the games.

For a portable system PS Vita, it also has a much better game line up

I have both, the shield is massive and heavy and a massive pain to take out the house compared to the vita which slips in my pocket

Though the shield does more the games on android are pretty lacklustre. I really enjoy HL2 and Portal on it, and stream is great  but there is a limited selection of good android games. 

If you are interested in streaming and will be using this at home, then the shield makes sense 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'd go with the vita.  You'd be surprised how good it is.  Get Killzone Mercenary and you'll be reassured how good it is.

Also you can fit the vita in your pocket :D

My vita is off for months, zero games

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Vita... If you want to play pc games, you can use your pc. Streaming may be nice, but with the Vita you'll be able to play all the games.

You can... but you cant sit in bed and be lazy and play games all day. 

You can... but you cant sit in bed and be lazy and play games all day. 

You can play your vita games ;)

SHEILD ALL DAY! THAT TEGRA 4 DOE!!

Its all looks these days

You can play your vita games ;)

yeah,  my comment was kinda stupid just realized.  

I'd wait on the shield. There are rumors a new one is coming soon. 

My vita is off for months, zero games

What have you played so far?

Or do you mean you literally have no games for it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What have you played so far?

Or do you mean you literally have no games for it

the only game i enjoyed was uncharted i played lots of games but most of them were ps3 ports, atm there is no reason to buy a vita although if you have a ps4 you can use it as a controller

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

the only game i enjoyed was uncharted i played lots of games but most of them were ps3 ports, atm there is no reason to buy a vita although if you have a ps4 you can use it as a controller

I disagree, there are loads! but each to their own :)

I bought a Vita near launch and it stopping charging after about 13 months. The shop wouldn't take it back as it was outside its 12 month warranty and I now have a very well-built paper weight. I read online and have found that the failure rate of the original Vita model appears to have been pretty high, it just didn't sell well enough to become a major news story.

Hopefully the new model is more reliable, but I would be cautious about re-buying one. What I will say is that it was a great little system when it worked. Lots of good Indies, good games on PS+ every month, lovely build quality (except for, you know, it stopping working). 

It depends how you will use it. If you have a powerful pc to stream from and a good wifi, and you don't plan on taking it away from your house too often, the shield is the best option. You can even play the doom 3 port on it natively with relatively high settings.

However if you use it on the go a lot and you don't have a good pc and a good wifi, then psvita is probably better. I'd like to point out that a 3ds would be a good option too in this case, it has better exclusives imo and SHOULD be a bit cheaper too.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm not sure if I should have put this in off-topic, but here we go. I'm conflicted on what to get. I want the Vita because of the Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper collections, Little Big Planet, ModNation Racers, AC liberation, and the fact that it is portable. I want the Shield because I can stream from my PC, and play most games on it. However, the Shield is heavier and less portable.

Do any of you guys have any experience with either of these, or both them, and want to give their opinion on which one to buy?

Also my friend and I tried to see if you can have a skype call and play games at the same time, it worked.  It worked better than the Playstaion party thing they expect you to use.  Also you can video chat with little to no delay.  Very nice to chat with my PC friends while on my VITA.  No worries about the sound of the game being too loud and the mic picking it up because it doesn't.  Also the VITA does have Youtube (Unlike the PSP)  It has Netflix, ect. ect.  It's very good.

I had a vita and I like it for the most part. However its just SO over protected to prevent the old PSP style hacking and DRM work arounds. I found myself wishing for so many other features while being left with any that I really liked. The screen looks great, the battery life is good. Having to be stuck with proprietary storage however is a PITA since it costs so much more than a standard SD card or something similar. The vita could of been made to be something great and worthwhile but I feel like it was ruined by the over protective anti piracy measurements and lack of apps or anything that could take advantage of the hardware.

PS Vita, hands down. There is really no justification for the Shield as of this time unless you are a GeForce card user. There are strides in that direction (Thank you, Valve), but it'll still be a while before the Shield can be recommended as a gaming handheld. 

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.