Samsung 4k tablet spotted!

JAKEBAB

post-1006-0-49001800-1402148803.jpg

"Tech Radar is reporting that they have caught a 12-inch Samsung-made reference tablet showcasing LTE Broadcast capabilities on a 4K display at the Roland Garros venue, where the French Open is currently taking place. It's a 12-inch UHD  prototype tablet with look and feel of Samsung's traditionally designed slates. In a true fashion it has a capacitive touch buttons and the home-button beneath the display. The report further claims the tablet currently houses a Snapdragon 801 processor under the hood. However, the device might launch with a more powerful Snapdragon 805 SoC, when commercially available. During a Qualcomm event in Paris the firm's Senior VP of Product Management, Raj Talluri apparently told Tech Radar that 4K "tablets would be with us before the year is out". This would mean that Samsung is very well thinking about launching a 4k ready 12-inch tablet, although there may be no guarantee to see the device sometime later this year."

So I personally think this is cool imagine the multi-tasking on a 4k tablet its awesome i hope we see more of this but i know alot of u are going to hate this and say the battery life OH NO blah blah whatever   :P

Edit: also remember guys this may have the snapdragon 805 which delivers up to 20 percent lower power consumption and up to 40 percent higher performance than the previous generation Snapdragon 800 processors  ;)

hmmmmmmm, this is awesome for movies and stuff, which is what i would use a tablet for. only if a gaming tablet was out yet. that would make everything so much better. maybe one that can get a keyboard and has USB ports. i dont care about screen size or thickness.

ahhhhhhhhhh one can dream

Snapdragon 805 also has hardware accelerated HEVC decoding, so the 4K movies you might put on it won't be that huge.

What I really want though, is a new Nexus 10. Why did you abandon it Google? 7" tablets are pointless when you got a 5" phone.

hmmmmmmm, this is awesome for movies and stuff, which is what i would use a tablet for. only if a gaming tablet was out yet. that would make everything so much better. maybe one that can get a keyboard and has USB ports. i dont care about screen size or thickness.

Id rather be able to connect my 360 controller to it and stream games from my pc that would be cool.

Id rather be able to connect my 360 controller to it and stream games from my pc that would be cool.

true. but is there anything that can stream well from a long distance. for example 10 miles distance.

Snapdragon 805 also has hardware accelerated HEVC decoding, so the 4K movies you might put on it won't be that huge.

What I really want though, is a new Nexus 10. Why did you abandon it Google? 7" tablets are pointless when you got a 5" phone.

yes someone else that understand why 7" is too small for tablets IMO

maybe have a look at this? http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/92168/20140519/nexus-10-2-release-date-google.htm

true. but is there anything that can stream well from a long distance. for example 10 miles distance.

wait what 10 miles? whos house is that big?

Looks nice but i'm getting tired of Android tablets they're useless.

Yeah I've been following Nexus 10 rumors for what seems like an eternity now. I've kind of lost hope since they always turn out to be wrong though...

I'm not sure if I'd want one to be launched now either. I want at least a Snapdragon 805 (preferably Snapdragon 810) in it, and that doesn't seem to be ready for devices yet.

Its this a little stupid on such a small screen? Whats the point really?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Its this a little stupid on such a small screen? Whats the point really?

It's only 367 PPI. About 40PPI more than the retina iPad mini. Still far below what is actually needed for a "retina" screen.

What I really want though, is a new Nexus 10. Why did you abandon it Google? 7" tablets are pointless when you got a 5" phone

yes someone else that understand why 7" is too small for tablets IMO

The problem with 10" tablets(atleast for me) is that if they're 16:9 or 16:10, you can't hold them portrait without it being really akward. And for browsing the web(70% of what I do on a tablet) portrait is WAAY better. With a 7" tablet you can. Also, as long as the resolution is the same between a 7 & and 10" tablet, then you can just adjust the dpi to see the same amount on the screen

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

"7inch tablets are pointless......" I beg to differ  ;) http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/74137-nexus-7-subaru-liberty-car-install-completed/

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

When i see 4k or 1440p tablets/phones...

JUST MAKE A 1440p/4k 24'' MONITOR.Everyone wants them!

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

The problem with 10" tablets(atleast for me) is that if they're 16:9 or 16:10, you can't hold them portrait without it being really akward. And for browsing the web(70% of what I do on a tablet) portrait is WAAY better. With a 7" tablet you can. Also, as long as the resolution is the same between a 7 & and 10" tablet, then you can just adjust the dpi to see the same amount on the screen

Personally, I prefer 16:10 tablets over anything else.

Why? Because I use mine mostly for reading manga, movie watching and web browsing.

16:10 is good for manga because it is pretty close to the aspect ratio they are scanned in (if you remove some of the screen for the menu bar as well as the notification bar).

16:10 is pretty close to 16:9, which is what pretty much all TV shows, and a lot of movies are (as well as things like YouTube videos).

Web browsing benefits from the additional height more than it does additional width.

Other tablets like the iPad and now the Surface Pro 3 are not tall enough if you ask me. They get big black bars in videos for example. I am not sure what most people use their tablets for, but I assume a lot of people does the same as I do. Watch videos and browse the Internet. For that 16:10 is better, in my opinion, than stuff like 4:3. I do agree that 16:9 is too tall though, but I think 16:10 is the sweet spot.

Here is a picture of me holding my Nexus 10 (16:10). I don't think it's too tall.

(Sorry for the crappy quality, not that great lighting in a basement, and phone cameras sucks when it comes to controls)

post-216-0-12167000-1402164871_thumb.jpg

Okay I have to admit that is fantastic, and a great use for a 7" tablet.

I meant as a a regular tablet though. I don't see the point of a 7" tablet if I got a 5" phone. The difference is so small it doesn't make any sense. I am so pissed at Google for not updating the Nexus 10 (which is really start to show its age now).

-snip-

I see what your saying with the whole if u have a 5" phone what is the point of getting another device that is only a couple more inchs bigger but for me that 10" looks way to big and id rather something smaller like a 7" since it fits in the hand better and just feels better to me also i like small phones like 3.5" phones but for people that have 5" phones its pointless for them to get a 7" tablet.

This just makes me laugh.  I honestly can't believe people watch movies on tablets or phones.  It just .... 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

wait what 10 miles? whos house is that big?

the distance between 2 different houses. for example if i went to my friends house and wanted to stream from my PC.

the distance between 2 different houses. for example if i went to my friends house and wanted to stream from my PC.

Oh right i was talking about just streaming within your house but i think that would work since u can stream with nvidia shield without being in your house.

Oh right i was talking about just streaming within your house but i think that would work since u can stream with nvidia shield without being in your house.

yeah but i dont really see the point in streaming in a house where u have an awesome PC. like i never usually leave my room. only if i need food or the toilet.

yeah but i dont really see the point in streaming in a house where u have an awesome PC. like i never usually leave my room. only if i need food or the toilet.

well here my pc is literally like a 1.5 meters away from my bed but i like to lay in bed because its so god damn cold so i wish i could stream to my laptop or in this case a 4k tablet.

well here my pc is literally like a 1.5 meters away from my bed but i like to lay in bed because its so god damn cold so i wish i could stream to my laptop or in this case a 4k tablet.

hmmm, that's actually would be great