Parents Getting a Divorce, Help

Nyxathid

Hello , Today When i woke up around 9 am , i heard my parents fighting , as " normal " (since they fight every weekend) but today i heard that they were getting a divorce and i just dont know what to do.. im crying as a little kid and my brother is just normal ..  I'm 16 and my brother is 22 , i just dont want them to get apart , i know they will love me , but i wont be the same no more family chrismas , no more birthdays together no more nothing , can someone give me some advices ? Thanks 

(I dont know if i can post here if not please delete the post )

Risers wont affect performance

Well this is awkward.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

O.o i think its the wrong post :PxD aleast you put a smile on my face xD

Hello , Today When i woke up around 9 am , i heard my parents fighting , as " normal " (since they fight every weekend) but today i heard that they were getting a divorce and i just dont know what to do.. im crying as a little kid and my brother is just normal ..  I'm 16 and my brother is 22 , i just dont want them to get apart , i know they will love me , but i wont be the same no more family chrismas , no more birthdays together no more nothing , can someone give me some advices ? Thanks 

they're not good together anymore, so they're splitting up for the best

you'll get used to it, it'll be fine, it's going to be a change but it may be a change to the better in some cases

also, you should follow your own topic

Well, even though my parents divorced when I was very little, when they fought, it made me cry and cry and cry. That was until I realised that it was all for the best. They are happy now, and that's what I care about most. There will be minor inconveniences, like moving from house to house and carrying heavy bags, but that's nothing compared to the fighting and sadness that would have happened if they didn't divorce. 

You will get used to it, and I wish you good luck for the future, 

-

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Well this is awkward.

O.o i think its the wrong post :PxD aleast you put a smile on my face xD

my bad :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

THIS

OMG

DID YOU JUST

I'm sorry to hear that :(  Thankfully my parents have been happily married for 19 years now, and while they do have the occasional argument like most couples do, I think they're okay.

It's completely normal to be very upset about it, as there will be a bit of change, and to see the people who have looked after you your whole life go their separate ways is not easy. But you're 16, and in a few years you will have a place of your own and it will be like nothing ever changed, which is likely the reason why your brother wasn't affected by it as much as you. If you still love them both, you will see them as often as you do now, and they will care for you just as much. Their number one priority is still to make sure you are safe and happy, that hasn't changed.

Good luck dude, and I hope everything is okay. And you never know, maybe in a few months they'll realise how much they miss being with each other.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

I'm sorry to hear that :(  Thankfully my parents have been happily married for 19 years now, and while they do have the occasional argument like most couples do, I think they're okay.

It's completely normal to be very upset about it, as there will be a bit of change, and to see the people who have looked after you your whole life go their separate ways is not easy. But you're 16, and in a few years you will have a place of your own and it will be like nothing ever changed, which is likely the reason why your brother wasn't affected by it as much as you. If you still love them both, you will see them as often as you do now, and they will care for you just as much. Their number one priority is still to make sure you are safe and happy, that hasn't changed.

Good luck dude, and I hope everything is okay. And you never know, maybe in a few months they'll realise how much they miss being with each other.

Thanks for the help :) 

Parents break up all the time all over the globe, sometimes the situation changes to the better and sometimes to the worse. The outcome will mainly be determined by how you choose to handle this. Support your parents in whatever way you can, and try to talk about positive things that happened at your fathers place when at your mothers place and vice versa. This can maybe make them more friendly towards each other ;)

Oh and another thing: We are the same age so I guess I can talk out of experience here. Whatever you do, don't become one of those teenagers drinking vodka and smoking pot at the age of 17. That will at least not help the situation and me not being like that either is one of the few good things that has prevented my parents from just giving completely up on me ;)

All in all: I have several friends which parents have been divorced, one of them have died, one of them has just left and never came back etc., and although it's hard for them, they do have a nice life with the help of friends supporting them and the hope that their parents will come together again (in the case of divorce) so I am sure that your life won't become as different as you think :) Heck, they might even see that they still love each-other and thus move in to each-other again :)

Good luck none the less and may your future be bright and the tunnels that you will have to walk through eventually lead into the light :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Parents break up all the time all over the globe, sometimes the situation changes to the better and sometimes to the worse. The outcome will mainly be determined by how you choose to handle this. Support your parents in whatever way you can, and try to talk about positive things that happened at your fathers place when at your mothers place and vice versa. This can maybe make them more friendly towards each other ;)

Oh and another thing: We are the same age so I guess I can talk out of experience here. Whatever you do, don't become one of those teenagers drinking vodka and smoking pot at the age of 17. That will at least not help the situation and me not being like that either is one of the few good things that has prevented my parents from just giving completely up on me ;)

All in all: I have several friends which parents have been divorced, one of them have died, one of them has just left and never came back etc., and although it's hard for them, they do have a nice life with the help of friends supporting them and the hope that their parents will come together again (in the case of divorce) so I am sure that your life won't become as different as you think :) Heck, they might even see that they still love each-other and thus move in to each-other again :)

Good luck none the less and may your future be bright and the tunnels that you will have to walk through eventually lead into the light :)

Thanks for the support :P but i doubt that they will come together

you could suggest to have a calm talk with both of them (maybe even at the same time). (if they start fighting while you are talking, say they have to shut up once for you. i guess you are allowed to demand that) it can't guarantee that they wouldnt divorce, but it could give you some answers. after the conversation you could also ask them for a 'special week" for them to work together for you and your brother. if it doesn't work, idk anymore.

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

you could suggest to have a calm talk with both of them (maybe even at the same time). (if they start fighting while you are talking, say they have to shut up once for you. i guess you are allowed to demand that) it can't guarantee that they wouldnt divorce, but it could give you some answers. after the conversation you could also ask them for a 'special week" for them to work together for you and your brother. if it doesn't work, idk anymore 

I dont really want to talk to them , since i start crying , and my dad allways calms me down , while my mother starts laughting (dunno why) (sorry for the bad english)

When you get GF/ get married and try to stay with her all life, then we compare notes.

No happy cuple ever broke up, its for all sakes good. b heppy

-snip- while my mother starts laughting (dunno why) (sorry for the bad english)

you could ask her to be serious for once (say something like "please do it for me, not for dad")

edit: also, if it still doesn't work out, everything will feel normal after a while.

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

My parents split when I was 9 and at first it's kind of heartbreaking but after a while it will just become normal for you. Just take a break from everything. Hang out with some friends or just be by yourself. Whatever helps calm you down.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

My parents separated when I was 6/7, living with someone and dedicating as much of yourself to that-those people as marriage requires is tough and if your parents aren't close enough to handle that it's probably best they part on good terms before it breaks them, just support them and their decision be it divorce or otherwise the best you can! :)

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Thanks for the support :P but i doubt that they will come together

If they're happier apart, then you'll be happier because they are, just try to do your part in making it easier on them.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont know if you want to, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

If they are getting apart - it's probably better for you to keep good relationships with them both, even if they are not going to be together.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.