directx 11 VS.directX 11 runtime

?IS therer a deference in directx 11 VS.directX 11 runtime  , and if so what can i do to get this so my game <watch Dogs> will run. i have X11 all ready on this windows 7 comp.. ive did what the microsoft tools said to do. just what to play my game lol

Is the game booting up at all, or are you just getting stuck at a loading screen?

DirectX is a bunch of components (Direct3D, Direct2D, DirectCompute, and more), but for the sake of simplicity, let's just call it DirectX

DirectX are API codes to allows you get much more direct access to supported hardware. This is something that graphic card manufactures needs to implement in their cards, and make sure everything under the DirectX version works to get the certification. For example, Nvidia DirectX10 GPUs, actually support DirectX 10.1, despite not saying on teh box, as it doesn't support ALL the DirectX 10.1 calls, just some of them (related to games, not aimed at CAD software, or image processing software).

However the certification, isn't really a certification. It is not something Microsoft exclusively certifies, at least not to my knowledge. An example showcasing this, is Intel integrated graphics, where many games crashes at some point or start up with a rendering error as it doesn't support the OpenGL or DirectX API call.

DirectX is also a shader language (HLSL), is a code that the GPU compiles at runtime, and this is what makes things looks pretty. This is where you program the shadow effects, bloom, gloss, reflection, bump mapping, and so on. (well part of it, as you need the CPU to calculate things in some of these things, depending on what you are trying to do, and the method you are trying to do, and the desire results you seek, as a developer)

This aspect also needs to be supported by the GPU, as the GPU will do the compilation and execution of the shader code.

The runtime, is the API library code to access all this, and also pre-made highly optimize code to do things for you. This can get updates. This is the "DirectX runtime" thing that you are seeing and that games needs installed (well some games don't, as they took 5min of their time to make sure they include everything in the game)

In a nut shell, that is what DirectX/DirectX runtime is.

snip

We need more people like you