Ubisoft and NVIDIA Team Up On Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 And More

digitalnav

Ubisoft and NVIDIA today announced the next chapter in their strategic partnership bringing amazing PC gaming experiences to life in Ubisoft's highly anticipated upcoming titles including Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Division.

NVIDIA's GameWorks Team is working closely with Ubisoft's development studios to incorporate cutting edge graphics technology and gaming innovations to create game worlds that deliver unprecedented realism and immersion. NVIDIA's GameWorks technology includes TXAA antialiasing, which provides Hollywood-levels of smooth animation, soft shadows, HBAO+ (horizon-based ambient occlusion), advanced DX11 tessellation, and NVIDIA PhysX technology.

NVIDIA_GameWorks-banner_thm.jpg

"Working with NVIDIA has enabled us to bring an enhanced gameplay experience to our PC players," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. "We look forward to continuing our partnership with NVIDIA on our biggest upcoming titles."

This announcement builds on the successful collaboration between Ubisoft and NVIDIA that added visually stunning effects to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag and Watch Dogs.

"We're excited to continue our long-term partnership with Ubisoft in bringing our latest PC technology to their games", said Tony Tamasi, senior vice president of Content & Technology at NVIDIA. "Through GameWorks, we have been able to add unique visual and gameplay innovations to deliver amazing experiences for these stellar Ubisoft games, I can't wait to play them myself."

http://www.techpowerup.com/201689/ubisoft-and-nvidia-team-up-on-assassins-creed-unity-far-cry-4-and-more.html

Looks like we can expect  these as future free titles with NVIDIA GPUs.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I really do not care about gameworks haters, sure nvidia cards perform bit better at launch, but then amd will optimise it for themselfes and after that they perform equally.

Typical Ubishill. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

This announcement builds on the successful collaboration between Ubisoft and NVIDIA that added visually stunning effects to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag and Watch Dogs.

LOL. 

It's very good news! i wish every game was like this. based on Nvidia technologies! nvidia has technologies like TXAA, HBAO+, dvanced DX11 tessellation,  NVIDIA PhysX technology. AMD has nothing :P so i am glad :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

AC4 and FC3 were two of my absolute favorite games so I won't fuss over gameworks this round

I really do not care about gameworks haters, sure nvidia cards perform bit better at launch, but then amd will optimise it for themselfes and after that they perform equally.

IT's Nvidia that optimizes games after their new cards are released not AMD LOL. nvidia has much better driver support, and their drivers are amazing!

those that do backups

It's very good news! i wish every game was like this. based on Nvidia technologies! nvidia has technologies like TXAA, HBAO+, dvanced DX11 tessellation,  NVIDIA PhysX technology. AMD has nothing :P so i am glad :)

Not true at all.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

True audio, mantle, eyefinity, zerocore...

Just a few of the technologies AMD has that Nvidia doesn't

i wish every game  had nvidia specific graphic addons  and optimisations

you know since every one owns a nvidia graphic card

amd users which are like 5 people can wait weeks for fixes

nvidiamasterRace

/s

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

good

anything that makes games easier to develop and cheaper to develop is welcome and borderline needed these days....game dev costs are so stupidly high these days

and I will always take a GRAPHICS company to develop my graphics technology/library/tools rather than hope I'm working for a dev team that has capable graphics designers

if AMD had a better track record over the years, maybe they could have been the ones to implement a library/toolset like this. but they didn't, so just quit being babies and embrace it. this makes it easier on developers, and that's what matters.

Yeah, Nvidia has some good stuff in their cards, but I, for example, use programms that need Open CL a lot, but in this field AMD is the king. Same as in price/performance. Do not get me wrong, I have two Nvidia cards too, but it is all not so black and white as you are painting. Oh, and did Nvidia had Trueaudio, Eyefinity or zerocore??

i wish every game  had nvidia specific graphic addons  and optimisations

you know since every one owns a nvidia graphic card

amd users which are like 5 people can wait weeks for fixes

nvidiamasterRace

/s

If AMD cards uses only five people, then I know them all, like I know them all twice at least.

Intel i7 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI Z77-GD55 | Crucial 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz | Intel 330 SSD 180Gb | Western Digital Black 1Tb | Western Digital Green 2Tb | Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I case | OS X Yosemite | Dell Vostro 3550 Windows 10

Intel Xeon 1230 V2 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S | Kingston 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz | Seagate 1TB  | Fractial Design Arc mini | Windows 10

yeah, besides the games are probably going to be horribly optimized anyway and buggy as Fuck regardless of which card you have. Lazy fucking developers!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

No, AMD has that thing that makes hair go crazy on nvidia cards...

If AMD cards uses only five people, then I know them all, like I know them all twice at least.

I think he was being sarcastic.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

True audio, mantle, eyefinity, zerocore...

Just a few of the technologies AMD has that Nvidia doesn't

LOL  trueaudio doesnot work the way it's meant to work! mantle is for weak CPU, when weak cpu is bottleneck this allows to use GPU, so i do not care i have i7 3770 4.3 GHZ :D and i think every person who wanted good gaming experience has good CPU,   eyefinity is for multiple monitors, nvidia also has surround, and 3D :D WTF is zerocore? 

see hee nvidias technologies! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158883-nvidia-gameworks%E2%84%A2-review/ 

nvidia has these technologies!

VisualFX

• HBAO+ Enhanced Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion
  • TXAA Temporal Anti-aliasing
  • Soft Shadows Improves on PCSS to reach new levels of quality and performance, with the ability to render cascaded shadow maps
  • Depth of Field Combination of diffusion based DOF and a fixed cost constant size bokeh effect
  • FaceWorks Library for implementing high-quality skin and eye shading
  • WaveWorks Cinematic-quality ocean simulation for interactive applications
  • HairWorks Enabling simulation and rendering of fur, hair and anything with fibers
  • GI Works Adding Global Illumination greatly improves the realism of the rendered image
  • Turbulence High definition smoke and fog with physical interaction as well as supernatural effects

Physics

• PhysX Scalable multi-platform game physics solution supporting a wide range of devices, from smartphones to high-end multicore CPUs and GPUs
  • Clothing Quickly generate dynamic clothing. Artist focused with intuitive and easy authoring tools
  • Destruction Enables artists to quickly generate pervasive destruction significantly enhancing the gaming experience
  • Particles & Fluids Particles enable artists to easily provide a much more immersive environment by using physical particles which can interact e.g. with wind and explosion force fields. Particles can also be used to simulate fluids

and much more..... https://developer.nvidia.com/content/introducing-nvidia-gameworks

Nvidia - The way it's meant to be played!

those that do backups

Looks like AMD is doomed .... AMD should make their works Closed Source , just like Nvidia !!! 

IT's Nvidia that optimizes games after their new cards are released not AMD LOL. nvidia has much better driver support, and their drivers are amazing!

I dont know if your trolling or your really that naive.

LOL  trueaudio doesnot work the way it's meant to work! mantle is for weak CPU, when weak cpu is bottleneck this allows to use GPU, so i do not care i have i7 3770 4.3 GHZ :D and i think every person who wanted good gaming experience has good CPU,   eyefinity is for multiple monitors, nvidia also has surround, and 3D :D WTF is zerocore? 

see hee nvidias technologies! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158883-nvidia-gameworks%E2%84%A2-review/ 

nvidia has these technologies!

VisualFX

• HBAO+ Enhanced Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion
  • TXAA Temporal Anti-aliasing
  • Soft Shadows Improves on PCSS to reach new levels of quality and performance, with the ability to render cascaded shadow maps
  • Depth of Field Combination of diffusion based DOF and a fixed cost constant size bokeh effect
  • FaceWorks Library for implementing high-quality skin and eye shading
  • WaveWorks Cinematic-quality ocean simulation for interactive applications
  • HairWorks Enabling simulation and rendering of fur, hair and anything with fibers
  • GI Works Adding Global Illumination greatly improves the realism of the rendered image
  • Turbulence High definition smoke and fog with physical interaction as well as supernatural effects

Physics

• PhysX Scalable multi-platform game physics solution supporting a wide range of devices, from smartphones to high-end multicore CPUs and GPUs
  • Clothing Quickly generate dynamic clothing. Artist focused with intuitive and easy authoring tools
  • Destruction Enables artists to quickly generate pervasive destruction significantly enhancing the gaming experience
  • Particles & Fluids Particles enable artists to easily provide a much more immersive environment by using physical particles which can interact e.g. with wind and explosion force fields. Particles can also be used to simulate fluids

and much more..... https://developer.nvidia.com/content/introducing-nvidia-gameworks

Nvidia - The way it's meant to be played!

Thank you for regurgitating NVidia's marketing.

You do realise that minus the physics, AMD have comparable technologies no?

Mantle is not for weak CPUs, it is for lower IPC, also, look at the steam hardware survey, majority of people don't have $350 CPUs that are OC'ed like yours, please don't make generalisations like that, we aren't all well off enough. Zerocore is completely turning off a GPU core when not in use, is it useful? I don't know and I doubt it. 

I dont know if your trolling or your really that naive.

He's not trolling.

He truly thinks that you meant AMD optimizes their games while Nvidia doesn't.

Rather than what you actually said/meant, that it doesn't matter if they use proprietary technologies that obscure some of the code and make it more difficult to optimize since after some period of time both Nvidia and AMD will have their optimizations up to similar levels, he assumed you meant that AMD works better and harder than Nvidia to ensure that their product worked well with new games and to provide stable drivers.

Hence his reply being

He doesn't realize that you were actually closer to agreeing with him than disagreeing about his whole Gameworks TWIMTBP post.

I try to be somewhat nice to people on this forum, but this guy really gets on my nerves with his Nvidia marketing, almost as much as @nokturrduk84 with his Nvidia Gameworks (ove)r[e]view

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

http://www.techpowerup.com/201689/ubisoft-and-nvidia-team-up-on-assassins-creed-unity-far-cry-4-and-more.html

Looks like we can expect  these as future free titles with NVIDIA GPUs.

*Loses faith in the gaming community.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I'm not gonna have this argument with you, and especially not here.

Take some time to inform yourself. Learn about the market as a whole, but more specifically, AMD's competing products.

You're fanboying hard right now, and tbh, I find it hard to believe you'll ever change.

Prove me wrong.

Good news.

Will allow Nvidia users greater fidelity while maintaining reasonable frame rates.

As for people bitching, excuse the language, about how this is a bad move "becase AMD "XYZ reasons" Nvidia will kill the gaming market" bla bla bla... Game Works isn't locked to a platform, it's simply optimized for one. Nvidia is even working on porting the features to "Next Gen" consoles, of which all run...? Right, on AMD chips.

Surely Game Works works better on Nvidia cards right now (and probably always will), but they are releasing these tools to help drive game fidelity forward. At some point AMD will be able to optimize pretty well for it, and the AMD users will be able to enjoy similar graphics per performance.

Seriously, stop hating on Game Works.

Cheers,

Linus