Good "quiet" high pressure fans

Poofu

hello peoples i am looking around for a good high pressure fan that isn't loud for my h80i. the stock fans are really annoying they have a kind if whining to the m in addition to normal fan noise

any advice on fans that would be good is greatly appreciated

PS: i'm trying to follow a black and blue color scheme if i can

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

The noctua nf-f12's are very good but don't look so great, I would suggest silverstone air penetrators, or even better scythe gentle typhoons, but honestly the best of them all in terms of performance are the noctuas.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

The noctua nf-f12's are very good but don't look so great' date=' I would suggest silverstone air penetrators, or even better scythe gentle typhoons, but honestly the best of them all in terms of performance are the noctuas.[/quote']

I agree, but I would add San Ace and Noiseblocker to the list.

If you go with scythe they will go with the black and blue better then noctua fans

Gelid Wings or GTs given your theme

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Also.. the Corsair SP120 series....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Check out Linus's CES video, i forgot which but you'll see a really good looking fan with a ballin LED

The noctua nf-f12's are very good but don't look so great, I would suggest silverstone air penetrators, or even better scythe gentle typhoons, but honestly the best of them all in terms of performance are the noctuas.
Not true, if I can find it, there are tests on noise vs cfm, and the gentle typhoons undervolt exactly the same and are identical to noctuas.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I just got a pair of sp120 quiet edition's yesterday. They sound like a wire brush on concrete at 12 and 7 volts. 5 volts isn't too bad.

yeah don't get SP's they just cant undervolt at all, i have 11 of them in my rig and its the only thing i regret.They look great but they still have the same problems corsair fans have always had.

I have some Noctuas in my system. They undervolt very well, though they make a very slight clicking noise that is only audible when you stick your ear up to it.

When I swapped from the stock fan that came with my Antec 620 to an NF-F12, my GTX 480, which it was cooling, ran about the same temperature, but a lot quieter.

Check out Linus's CES video, i forgot which but you'll see a really good looking fan with a ballin LED
those weren't pressure fans though

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

yeah don't get SP's they just cant undervolt at all, i have 11 of them in my rig and its the only thing i regret.They look great but they still have the same problems corsair fans have always had.
dunna know what to tell you, but my 10 SP120PE undervolt @ 9.6v, 7v, and 6.5v just fine. startup with no

issues or clicking or grinding. i do not use a fan controller, just a molex line for the PSU and resistors.

swiftech helix 120 are pretty strong fans and undervolt a lot better than GT-15 fans. plus

they have a PWM version and 140mm version, as well.

airdeano

Same - my SP120 Performance using the 7v are all perfect. I did have an issue running them on a fanc controller. Horrible motor whine. Direct via molex, perfect.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

maybe its because I'm using a fan controller. But tbh for "silent" fans i actually don't think there quiet enough, even with the included low noise adapter.I have a couple of air penetrators i had left over from a build and put them in my server with a 7v adapter and there quieter while still pushing more air...ill still probably swap them out for noctua's, but only because its a 550d with no window :P

Just remember guys that there are a lot of different ways to measure noise level, unfortunaltely a lot of the specs on manufacturers websites are inaccurate baecuse they are not measured according to a specific standard.

Another thing to remember is that, even if fans are tested in the same way, there is still a difference beween noise level of one fan comapred to another fan. That is the character of the sound, say for example one fan has the same mesured dB as another, exept one has a constant humming and onother has a ticking from the PWM. The one with the constant humming willl still soung quieter to the humen ear beaquse of the character of the noise.

Id suggest the NF-F12's they are one of the best along with Air Penetrators, but i think the NF-F12's under volt better :)

In addition to all the great fans listed, Cougar Vortex's are really good.

Quiet, well-made, excellent static pressure and they look good for guys going for the dark look, rather than the typical clear plastic that is becoming the norm today (or Noctua's classic color scheme).