OS X Yosemite; Thought?

Personally, I really liked iOS 7, and I think Yosemite is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. The UI works really well on Mac, and even though it's a little cutsie, it's really sweet. The new designs are really sweet.

Thoughts? (Please, don't just dump Apple hate without reason; explain yourself!)

even though it's a little cutsie, it's really sweet. 

That, right there, is my problem with it. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Did they say anything beyond just how it looks and more iOS integration?

Did they say anything beyond just how it looks and more iOS integration?

Yeah, they said plenty.

If you need more info, Apple should be releasing the stream soon.

FightClub.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i'm not really interested in new osx version, it's basicly the same with a few ui tweaks and some extra stuff like awnsering phones and stuff....

i'm more interested in ios 8 wich has even more function from android then ever before....

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I really liked how they made it look, the modernization will make Microsoft scrubnuts try harder with their looks. 

I went through the presentation slides and I'm really quite impressed, especially with the Swift coding app.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Personally, I really liked iOS 7, and I think Yosemite is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. The UI works really well on Mac, and even though it's a little cutsie, it's really sweet. The new designs are really sweet.

Thoughts? (Please, don't just dump Apple hate without reason; explain yourself!)

I will probably pick up a MBP Retina to try it out, I cannot agree more

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

That, right there, is my problem with it. 

It's colorful! What's wrong with that? I'm tired of gray OSes.

I like it a lot, but I don't love how every version dumbs things down more and more.

How so? Simplifying without removing features isn't dumbing it down, it's just making things easier. Isn't that the point of technology?

How so? Simplifying without removing features isn't dumbing it down, it's just making things easier. Isn't that the point of technology?

I meant more in terms of UI. It's kind of blocky.

Looks okay. Some much needed UI "modernizations". Will install it.

I think it looks ugly imo. I still think lion was the best looking os ever made.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

It looks pretty decent.  My issue with all the Mac OS X versions is that they always have some really annoying issues that Apple never bothers to address.  Also what's the deal with making all their UI's white?  IMO looking at an ipad/iphone running iOS 7 for more than 15 minutes makes me hate the colour white. 

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

My 2 Cents:

• I loathe the whole "translucent" UI elements (except for the dock). It makes is too distracting. Plus the new dock icons look....childish.
  • New notifications looks good, quick access to things that actually matter
  • WHY IS IT CALLED 10.10?! THAT'S THE SAME THING AS 10.1 PUMA...Apple math  :angry:

Rig: Lian Li PC-V353 i5 2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H, EVGA GTX 650, CM Gemiin S524, Corsair TX650M, Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate 1TB Barracuda, Fiio E10

IMO: Apple are doing what Microsoft wanted to do with windows 8, with the full system integration of phone, tablet and pc, yet are pulling it off better.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

-Duplicate-

Rig: Lian Li PC-V353 i5 2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H, EVGA GTX 650, CM Gemiin S524, Corsair TX650M, Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate 1TB Barracuda, Fiio E10

It looks pretty decent.  My issue with all the Mac OS X versions is that they always have some really annoying issues that Apple never bothers to address.  Also what's the deal with making all their UI's white?  IMO looking at an ipad/iphone running iOS 7 for more than 15 minutes makes me hate the colour white. 

It's kinda of an off white that drives me nuts with this "translucent materials." Pure white is clean.

IMO: Apple are doing what Microsoft wanted to do with windows 8, with the full system integration of phone, tablet and pc, yet are pulling it off better.

Isn't that what they always do? 

I looks nice. Kinda looks like they just took iOS 7 and threw it onto a Mac.

• WHY IS IT CALLED 10.10?! THAT'S THE SAME THING AS 10.1 PUMA...Apple math  :angry:

lol apple really didnt think that out diid they

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Like every "update' they say it's going to be "better", but when really the only change here states exactly

OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I went through the presentation slides and I'm really quite impressed, especially with the Swift coding app.

It's a whole new language, not just an app. The app is Xcode 6.

I like it a lot, but I don't love how every version dumbs things down more and more.

You mean like making notifications more complex, adding widgets, and advancing their dev tools?

I meant more in terms of UI. It's kind of blocky.

Blocky clearly means dumb. I see your logic

My 2 Cents:

• I loathe the whole "translucent" UI elements (except for the dock). It makes is too distracting. Plus the new dock icons look....childish.
  • New notifications looks good, quick access to things that actually matter

It's version numbering. Keep in mind that we get numbers like 7.1.2 that make no sense either. Think of the decimal as more of a period separator rather than a mathematical decimal. When it starts pissing me off, I do 10|10 or 7|1|2 mentally, which makes more sense but is confusing to read and goes against software naming conventions.

Yes, because they realized that you can't make a desktop work better with a phone by making their UIs functionally identical. Apple understands the difference between how we use computers and how we use phones. Cursors make no sense on a phone, yet on a computer, they are perfectly logical.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /