Why do screens in reflections appear to have lower frame rates?

Coollok100

Shortly after Linus' Techquickie episode on refresh rates, I got thinking about a weird phenomenon that I noticed a while ago. If you play some content on a screen (be it a monitor, TV etc.) and then look at the reflection (I used a phone's glass) the content on the screen will look relatively smooth, however in the reflection it'll be visibly stuttering. Does anyone know why this is? I can't think of any particular reason why, and so I have to think that it must be something to do with reduced brightness in the reflection or something along those lines...

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

Shortly after Linus' Techquickie episode on refresh rates, I got thinking about a weird phenomenon that I noticed a while ago. If you play some content on a screen (be it a monitor, TV etc.) and then look at the reflection (I used a phone's glass) the content on the screen will look relatively smooth, however in the reflection it'll be visibly stuttering. Does anyone know why this is? I can't think of any particular reason why, and so I have to think that it must be something to do with reduced brightness in the reflection or something along those lines...

because brain 

Why would you watch a video's reflection?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Why would you watch a video's reflection?

Was watching TV and looking something up on my phone and I just noticed it - don't worry, I don't usually watch things in reflections xD

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

You just need to overclock your reflection.

Then you'll be fine

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You just need to overclock your reflection.

Then you'll be fine

havent you heard? refresh rate is just a number

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

havent you heard? refresh rate is just a number

Much like frame rate is just a number.... or so I heard...

My pen** size is just a number.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

You must live in a parallel universe & without knowing you just opened some door to our world and what you are seing is the reflection of the cheaper you playing in a less powerful machine.

or your brain is totally trolling you

You must live in a parallel universe & without knowing you just opened some door to our world and what you are seing is the reflection of the cheaper you playing in a less powerful machine.

or your brain is totally trolling you

I'd expect a bit of both - neither are out of the ordinary in my life...

I'd expect a bit of both - neither are out of the ordinary in my life...

I know that feel bro