Lenovo closing the moto maker factory in Texas. (the verge)

So we knew how hard it is to manufacture in North America(automotive industry anyone?). And I guess lenovo and Motorola is learning it now as well. Though they are still offering the moto maker services it will no longer be called "assembled in US".

There are about 700 people currently employed at this facility.

Follow the link below for more information from TheVerge

My two cents....

The whole "made/assembled in USA" is a marketing stunt. The notion of made in USA or a place other than some Asian county having a better quality is purely BS. Yes there are differences in manufacturing tolerances but that is only if the product is also made in some other place. For example the cherry MX keys. They are made in Germany but also in China and Taiwan. But the different manufacturing companies have different tolerance for defects. But if something is made to a specific guidelines and manufacturing qualities then that is its quality. It doesn't matter where it's made.

But it is quicker to deliver the product if it's made in the same place it's sold. For the case of moto maker it was a good idea.

Source

Http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/30/5764836/motorola-shutting-down-us-assembly-plant

Thanks Obama.

Just after raving about the Moto E..... damn

Don't worry Americans! All the jobs you are losing to China now will return to the USA once they find out a way completely mechanize it thus needing no human whatsoever.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

well its our own fault so, what we gonna do. We could have supported one of the only phone makers who manufactures in NA or we could buy a phone made in China, most of us probably bought the phone from china. Now I guess its not entirely our fault because the makers of the phone clearly didn't get the phone right but still. 

Were also un willing to pay for American manufacturing. Its our own greed to save as much money as possible that has put us in this spot. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

it was a stupid move day one

"assembled in the USA" bs

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

well its our own fault so, what we gonna do. We could have supported one of the only phone makers who manufactures in NA or we could buy a phone made in China, most of us probably bought the phone from china. Now I guess its not entirely our fault because the makers of the phone clearly didn't get the phone right but still. 

Were also un willing to pay for American manufacturing. Its our own greed to save as much money as possible that has put us in this spot. 

Aye, a country like the US just doesn't has the culture to support endeavors like that: Nobody can understand that "Yes even if we pay more and get a bit less features, once we activate our economy we'll all have better jobs, better salaries, better standard of living, etc" and everyone goes "Yeah, my favorite celebs use an iPhone....I want one of those, what? Covered in the blood of suicidal chinese workers? But Prick McCelebrity has it...I want one" 

-------

Current Rig

-------

............. This is Google closing it. The deal hasn't went through yet. Lenovo also already has US manufacturing.

Aye, a country like the US just doesn't has the culture to support endeavors like that: Nobody can understand that "Yes even if we pay more and get a bit less features, once we activate our economy we'll all have better jobs, better salaries, better standard of living, etc" and everyone goes "Yeah, my favorite celebs use an iPhone....I want one of those, what? Covered in the blood of suicidal chinese workers? But Prick McCelebrity has it...I want one"

yep
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I never buy something that is not made here in Europe. If the people would make the same thing , we would not have this problem.

It's impossible to only buy things that are made in Europe. (Yes I also live in Europe).

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Moto E was never assembled in the US, this plant was for the Moto X and made it possible for them to have 3 day turnaround time on ordering your phone to it being at your door. 

I never buy something that is not made here in Europe. If the people would make the same thing , we would not have this problem.

Bullshit, something in whatever you're writing that on came from China.

So you have no electronics whatsoever then? Device you are writing this on must belong to friend.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

It's sad for those 700 people who won't be able to work there anymore.

The whole "assembled in the US" was mostly a marketing gimmick anyway though, so it's not like the phones will change in any way.

If I can`t find something made in Europe because that product is not made here ( like a video card ) I don`t have a problem buying it made in USA. I never buy something made in a country where factories move because they pay very small amount of money to the people.

How did you post that message without using something made outside of Europe or the USA?

If I can`t find something made in Europe because that product is not made here ( like a video card ) I don`t have a problem buying it made in USA. I never buy something made in a country where factories move because they pay very small amount of money to the people.

I call shenanigans. 99% of devices capable of internet access and using this forum were made at least partially in sweatshops where workers were paid next to nothing. Realistically, unless every electronic device you own id powered by a raspberry pi, there is no way you don't buy anything from factories where people are paid very little. For example, I don't think ANY graphics cards are actually made in the USA, they're all imported.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

............. This is Google closing it. The deal hasn't went through yet. Lenovo also already has US manufacturing.

Read the article on the verge

I don't think the Moto E was made there anyway, wasn't it made overseas to keep the cost down?

I'm pretty sure Google has nothing to do with it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

That's capitalism and globalisation for you, send the manufacturing overseas where you can pay sweatshop wages and zero for workers safety and rights.

BS! ITs not hard to manufacture in the US or Europe....It just means slightly lesser profits and less bonuses for greedy CEOs.

Thanks Obama.

How did he influence this?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

How did he influence this?

It's a joke.

So your saying not a single piece of anything you own is made in china? I call b.s

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place