Why do people think that Apple products are a waste of money

Well the thing I have a problem with is "anti-apple fanboys". People who hate apple for no reason other than it is apple. Those are extremely prevalent on this forum. You (not you the anti-apple fanboys) are accusing fanboys of blindly following apple when in reality they are just blindly hating it.

I am not accusing you of being one because you have solid reasons not to like them but I just mean in general.

I totally get your point.  I know you're not singling me out, but I wouldn't consider myself an anti-apple fanboy.  It's not that I necessarily hate Apple, but I feel that they have quirks (the reasons I listed above) that make me annoyed with them.

Maybe it's because they're unintuitive and suck donkey balls because of how terrible they're designed?

Um... Ok? Last I checked, even the trackpad on a MacBook is about 50 times better than any PC trackpad in existence. The build quality is amazing, and the software is very easy to use, and set up.

Don't mean to start a war, but you can't possibly say a mac isn't well-designed and intuitive.

Everytime someone brings up the Apple / PC debate, I always say something along the lines of this.

Apple - Pay a bit of a premium for the name and you get simplistic, beautiful products that have good build quality.

PC     - Pay less for the same hardware as Apple, you don't get sandboxed nearly as much, build quality isn't as great in some cases, and it doesn't look as good unless you take the time and effort to build it yourself.

They are two totally different markets for two totally different types of people.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

The price is too high compared to similar spec'd laps i believe, but personally i LOVE apple products especially their design , the price is the only thing that bothers anyone.

:ph34r: apple ninja

Details separate people.

After using it for a year I can easily say that nothing on there makes sense, and when it breaks it's impossible to fix.

It's so much easier to fix an iPhone than some android phones.

(cough I'm looking at my HTC One)

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Yes the most recent apple products don't have a ridiculous apple tax. However, over the years, Apple tax has typically been completely silly. An ipod was $400 and a similarly sized "mp3" player with better features was more like $150. An iMac was $1200 and it was a huge piece of worthless garbage, and a pc was $800 and didn't suck the big one. IPhone 3(4?) was $300 on a three year contract and future shop paid me $100 for my HTC.

Pay more, get less. Make up the difference with marketing and brainwashing.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

It's so much easier to fix an iPhone than some android phones.

(cough I'm looking at my HTC One)

I'm talking more about the computer side of things