Why do people think that Apple products are a waste of money

There are definitely some of their products that are overpriced but not everything they sell is a bad deal. The MacBook Air isn't that bad of a deal. Windows ultrabooks with decent build quality and 12 hours of battery life are around the same price.

Also, the iPhone 5s isn't that bad compared to its android competitors. It beats the samsung galaxy s4 in 3dmark and is not that far behind in geekbench. Many games run much better on the iphone 5s(although it could be from the lower resolution). While the iphone 5s doesn't have the sheer numbers that the android competition has, it manages to perform just as good.

its just the fans that i hate, apples makes pretty good products if you got deep enough pockets...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

It's because people are shallow.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The thing is, Apple products became like a fashion statement, similar to Beats headphones and etc. The Apple fanboys are so ignorant they state that it's product is superior to it's counterpart. And thats where all the hate rises from.

Because sometimes people don't appreciate solid build quality, and prefer to have high end equipment with a plastic case, over slightly lower specced hardware with a better case/design IMO

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

The thing is, Apple products became like a fashion statement, similar to Beats headphones and etc. The Apple fanboys are so ignorant they state that it's product is superior to it's counterpart. And thats where all the hate rises from.

I understand that, I just don't understand why Apple haters use the argument that it's overpriced

because Apple just likes buy consumers...

$$金Trill金$$

Can't speak for everyone, but here is some of my reasons.

1) Most of their fans are cocky, high on themselves people which treats Apple like some sort of religion which they need to fight for on every occation that they get.

2) Their laptops/Ultrabooks are fantastic, their tablets amazing, their phones mediocre, and their desktops are awful. As for the OS it depends on which of these it is on. And I couldn't care less about the first 2 things so it's a bit of a personal thing ;)

3) Except from their Ultrabooks, their products are simply just overpriced.

4) Their business practices is quite awful.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Apple don't make terrible products, they are okay, but they are usually more expensive than their counterparts.

I don't like Apple products because I don't like the OS, but that is personal.

Plus, the people associated with Apple are usually up themselves and think Apple is the almighty leader.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Because iOS and OSX are terrible to use?

I agree with that. EVeryone claims OSX is vastly superior to windows but I just don't get OSX(I have used it semi extensively).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I dont think Macbooks and Iphones are overpriced, but the mac desktops are a little ridiculous...

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

I understand that, I just don't understand why Apple haters use the argument that it's overpriced

because if you look at the manufacturing price for a iphone 5s its like 120 bucks? idk something like that, but a S5 is something like 200 bucks, so they are purposly holding back, also, dont tell me R&D for it is to expensive, they need to stop seuing everyone too

thats something i hate about them too, terrible lawsuits

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I don't like Apple for two reasons:

1. Because I am not a huge fan of OSX (even though that is the OS running on the MacBook Air that I'm using right now, it's a school issued laptop)

2. I hate the Apple fan boys. I hate fan boys on both sides, but Apple fan boys just bother me so much.

I don't mind their products.  In fact, if I didn't have my Nexus 7 tablet and my old iPod Nano broke, I would have probably bought a iPod Touch.

There's a difference between "waste of money" and "too expensive for me personally".

That's at least what I hope most people think.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I don't like Apple for two reasons:

1. Because I am not a huge fan of OSX (even though that is the OS running on the MacBook Air that I'm using right now, it's a school issued laptop)

2. I hate the Apple fan boys. I hate fan boys on both sides, but Apple fan boys just bother me so much.

I don't mind their products.  In fact, if I didn't have my Nexus 7 tablet and my old iPod Nano broke, I would have probably bought a iPod Touch.

Well the thing I have a problem with is "anti-apple fanboys". People who hate apple for no reason other than it is apple. Those are extremely prevalent on this forum. You (not you the anti-apple fanboys) are accusing fanboys of blindly following apple when in reality they are just blindly hating it.

I am not accusing you of being one because you have solid reasons not to like them but I just mean in general.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I agree with that. EVeryone claims OSX is vastly superior to windows but I just don't get OSX(I have used it semi extensively).

After using it for a year I can easily say that nothing on there makes sense, and when it breaks it's impossible to fix.

Generally I feel their products are excellent although one thing that really annoys me is there "hardcore" fans, I am one of the people who will get what ever is best within my price range and if that is apple then so be it.

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

At one point you  used to pay 2x more of an apple computer than comparable other brand computer. and it almost got to the point where you were just paying for the brand. in the last couple of years apples prices have became better (will here in the uK).

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

Apple isn't really that, bad I may hate it from time to time, but the people make it look bad

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Well, maybe they're offering more products that are similarly priced to their competitors, but my sister has a laptop that she got on E-Bay used for I think about $200. It has a second-gen i5-2410m, 4 GB of RAM, Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics, a 500 GB HDD, a 768p screen, an acceptable keyboard, an okay trackpad, and a fingerprint sensor. The year or two before that, my Dad bought a MacBook Pro for $1000 new that is about 1 pound lighter than my sister's, has an i5-2435m, came with 4 GB of RAM, Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics, a 500 GB HDD, a 768p screen, a nice-feeling backlit keyboard, and a great trackpad. It's design is also thinner and sleeker than my sister's, and Dad has since gotten 16 GB of RAM for it and a 512 GB SSD. But, the specs were so similar! You're paying 5 times as much for a somewhat sleeker design, slightly better build quality, 1 pound of weight, etc. To be fair, though, my sister did have a little trouble with her screen due to a faulty wire or something, and we ended up having to get a new screen that cost $50, and she has gone through several chargers because our bunnies like to chew them when she's cuddling with them, but the prices are still very different.

Maybe things are different now, but this is the kind of stuff I've experienced with Apple. I will admit that I love the looks of Dad's MacBook, and it feels nice to the touch. If that's the kind of stuff that appeals to you, I won't judge.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

It maybe because they come in sexy computers that PC guys are jealous over.

It maybe because they come in sexy computers that PC guys are jealous over.

Maybe it's because they're unintuitive and suck donkey balls because of how terrible they're designed?

There are definitely some of their products that are overpriced but not everything they sell is a bad deal. The MacBook Air isn't that bad of a deal. Windows ultrabooks with decent build quality and 12 hours of battery life are around the same price.

Also, the iPhone 5s isn't that bad compared to its android competitors. It beats the samsung galaxy s4 in 3dmark and is not that far behind in geekbench. Many games run much better on the iphone 5s(although it could be from the lower resolution). While the iphone 5s doesn't have the sheer numbers that the android competition has, it manages to perform just as good.

Apple's products performing similar to competition, despite specs that look worse is simple. Because they don't make one OS for a thousand systems, they can optimize it to an extremely precise level for 5-6 models instead. An iPhone may only have a 1.4GHz dual core, but it beats e hell out of a 2.4GHz (or whatever it is) quad core in something like the S5. That because iOS is specifically designed for the A7 chip, as opposed to Android, which is sloppy, as it needs to run on basically any hardware, and manufacturers don't optimize much anyway. Similar to Windows vs OS X; windows has to work with thousands of components, so drivers for specific models get messy, and slow stuff down.

It's a matter of opinion. iOS is great to use on a tablet. The functions are limited in comparison with android, but it's so reliable and easy to pick up and use. I now use Windows because of gaming and more freedom but OS X was great to use. Everything felt like it just worked. Like: "Want to fiddle around with these files and things? Just try it, it will work." At least, that's how I experienced it. While I here try to edit things with paint and search hopelessly for a program that can just do some simple video editing for free or something that I can use on the fly whenever I want to record with my piano, it was just there on OSX. If I would ever get a laptop and have the money, I'd most likely go with OSX, although I will also stay at windows because it gives you tons more freedom.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3