what browser do YOU use? and why

Tsuki

Chrome because of syncing, but I might give Firefox a try for the first time in years.

Firefox has sync as well :D

HTTP/2 203

Firefox has sync as well :D

Honestly, it's been so long I need to try it again  :huh:

Chrome, because it feels comfortable for me to use,

Firefox, because when certain things just don't work on Chrome or something, I use it for that task in particular.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Chrome development version :) and sometimes firefox when I need to "debug" some javascript with firebug

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

Iceweasel (FF fork) and Chromium on my Debian Box

Firefox is first, then Chrome, then IE.

Because Firefox is fast and uses less RAM, Chrome has my apps, and IE because it works fine.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Been using Firefox since v3 but made a switch to Chrome earlier this year because it kept crashing. Now that I hear it's more stable now I've gotten comfortable with Chrome and too lazy to go do a switch again.

hello random lurker welcome to linus tech tips

Before I always used Firefox, mostly because of all the add-ons and stuff. It looked familiar and cool. But then, I read an article... and it turned out Firefox sucked. I mean, I should probably read some more before saying Firefox is crap, but, well... it also turned out Chrome was the best, but I don't like Chrome. I don't know why, just don't like it. And then Opera made the second place or something, and I figured it was worth a try. Although I still use Firefox on my phone.

u herd i liek pudkipz then ur rite ill do cut4pudkipz cuz i can has no pudkipz

Pale Moon as my main and Chrome as my sub for certain apps.

After what happened at Mozilla and after the s#!^^" experiences I've had direct downloading with Firefox, I was ready to make the change.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

I use Firefox, because Firefox is the best, quickest, most secure, least buggy, and add-on friendly browser ever designed.

IGN gave it a 10 out of 10, so I can't refute that.

I use FF because I heard about adblock plus and jumped on the bandwagon. Also use to run no-script, but that became to much of a hassle for my daily browsing. I have my bookmark tabs set up the way I like and I'm use to the interface. That's all. If they were to take it away, I would move over to Chrome and life would go on.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

I use Chrome as my main go-to browser mainly because I it's linked up to my Google account so it's all synced and nice and dandy.

I use Firefox also when I need to be logged into the same website on two accounts.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I use chrome because when Google will completely take over the world i will still be able to browse to the internet.
I am just kidding. I like it because it's faster. However Chrome uses RIDICULOUSLY more RAM than any other browser that i used.

after reading through all of these, im actually surprised at the number of people using internet explorer. 

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Chrome. Simple, fast and it sync with my phone flawlessly.

Firefox for web development.

Opera for Battlelog and general browsing here and there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Chrome and safari

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Chrome. Simple, fast and it sync with my phone flawlessly.

Firefox for web development.

Opera for Battlelog and general browsing here and there.

Out of interest, why do you have opera for battlelog? From my experience, it works fine on chrome and generally acceptably on Firefox (although it certainly isn't perfect, and some things have only been fixed recently).

HTTP/2 203

Out of interest, why do you have opera for battlelog? From my experience, it works fine on chrome and generally acceptably on Firefox (although it certainly isn't perfect, and some things have only been fixed recently).

No particular reason. Opera is always running on my second screen. That's why I use it for Battlelog and quick browsing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Chrome cause it is beast, one of the safest browsers around and also the fastest. I also like minimalist designs and the UI is simple to use.

I have a plethora of browsers that do different things, as a general rule I have one of everything installed.

WhiteHat Security Aviator: most secure browser, totally private.

Safari: General purpose, use for watching Apple keynotes.

Firefox: Crazy modding, altering source, etc. Love all of the extensions.

Chrome: (with all of Google's spyware turned off) for speed and general simplicity.

Chromium: When I'm in a particularly open source mood.

Opera: Can't say much. Use it for schoolwork and multitasking.

Chrome Canary Update Channel: Testing out Google's latest browser innovations.

OmniWeb: An interesting change of pace by the Omni people. Definitely worth a shot.

Lately, I've been hooked on WebKit nightlies. For those of you that don't know, WebKit is an open source web rendering engine created and open sourced by Apple which is used by the majority of browsers these days including Chrome (technically a fork but functionally identical) and I believe Firefox. The latest WebKit nightly has an FTL JIT compiler integrated for JavaScript. If you think Chrome runs JS fast, you should see WebKit do it.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Lately, I've been hooked on WebKit nightlies. For those of you that don't know, WebKit is an open source web rendering engine created and open sourced by Apple which is used by the majority of browsers these days including Chrome (technically a fork but functionally identical) and I believe Firefox. The latest WebKit nightly has an FTL JIT compiler integrated for JavaScript. If you think Chrome runs JS fast, you should see WebKit do it.

Firefox actually has its own rendering engine called Gecko which is used in all of mozilla's products (ff, thunderbird and others). That's why firefox can have quite different html spec support from webkit and why stuff like apng (awesome!) is supported.

HTTP/2 203

Chrome most of the time otherwise it would be Firefox

Chrome

- Fastest

- Looks better than Australis

- Most stable

- Great download manager

- Awesome web apps

- Best addons

- Syncing with my phone

- Integrates Google services super well

- Remote desktop with my phone

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Firefox actually has its own rendering engine called Gecko which is used in all of mozilla's products (ff, thunderbird and others). That's why firefox can have quite different html spec support from webkit and why stuff like apng (awesome!) is supported.

My bad. There are definitely other browsers that use WebKit though.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /