What is something you really want but can't bring yourself to buying?

A second 780ti, because I don't need it yet but I am sure I will eventually.

A nice mechanical keyboard, I want it but my current key board is working fine for me.

2 more 27 inch monitors just so all my screens are the same type and size but what I have now is working ok for me.

A nice tablet, to read on in bed, but I have a feeling other than that I would never use it.

A projector but my living room is pretty small so it might be over kill for the room lol.

I can write a book on stuff I want for my car and truck lol. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

A nice pair of IEMs and a 3d printer. I told myself I would buy full-size headphones because they would be good for long rides and stuff, but now I really need a more portable pair. And yes. Just yes. 3d printer.

A knife in cs:go to be honest, but other than that, a nice case like nzxt h440 and a custom loop. And something i can overclock with, love the xeon but i just want to overclock.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

A full loop. Expensive and so unnecessary in the grand scheme of things, but so awesome and sexy. I'm probably going to break down and get one as soon as I get a graphics card that has a waterblock avaialbe.

I desperately want to upgrade to a Z97 and Devils canyon cpu.I nearly bought an Msi mobo bundle but held off at the last minute.I`m glad i did i bought a 2nd hand car the next day and had just enough money.

The only thing is i`m absolutely skint and will need to save up :(

A new keyboard....as seen in my sig it's a "keyboard from hell with mismatched keys". 

All i can see on it is that it says it's a logitech. Past that, it's in between a normal keyboard and a miniature keyboard in terms of size. In addition, the "b" key is a slash, there is no slash key on the numpad, and most of the top row of letters are either arrows or function keys...

But it works!!! And i've been spending a lot of money on restoring my car so i can't justify repalcing a functioning item.. ugh.

A slim 'gaming' laptop like a the Razer Blade

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

A custom watercooling loop

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

Macbook Pro Retina. I love pixels and a solid build, but for half the cost I can get a similar performance laptop with similar specs on the windows side. lacks Iris graphics and a solid build of a apple, but gets pretty close everywhere else

A one way ticket to japan. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

A nice pair of audiophile headphones. I currently have the money for a couple of the less expensive sets but I can't bring myself to do it as my current headphones do what I need them to do fairly well.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

low end cpu , any thing from desktop to laptop to smartphones.

:ph34r: never fear

Details separate people.

A better GPU. But I can't afford one. >,<

I'm stuck with my old GTS 450.

some angled fittings to tidy up my water loop, and a mobo abd cpu upgrade, buuuut, my fence aint going to build its self

Smart Watch, Google Glass only if it comes wayyy down in price

3 monitors, and a Playseat for car games.

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

I'd really like to get a Sennheiser HD800 but I just can't justify to myself spending 1000€ on something that I don't actually need.

I'd really like to get a Sennheiser HD800 but I just can't justify to myself spending 1000€ on something that I don't actually need.

They cost a whole hell of a lot more than 1000€ to sound the best they can though, you'd easily end up spending another 1000+ on an amp+dac to tone down the treble :/

They are very picky about what amp+dac you use and the quality of mastering of the audio, they can come off extremely harsh and ear-piercing on an amp/dac that are to bright, and sometimes sound underwater with warmer amps.

I tried them myself at a hifi store, and the sound changed drastically from amp to amp, I was quite suprised because other headphones didn't do it as much at the same store.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

They cost a whole hell of a lot more than 1000€ to sound the best they can though, you'd easily end up spending another 1000+ on an amp+dac to tone down the treble :/

They are very picky about what amp+dac you use and the quality of mastering of the audio, they can come off extremely harsh and ear-piercing on an amp/dac that are to bright, and sometimes sound underwater with warmer amps.

I tried them myself at a hifi store, and the sound changed drastically from amp to amp, I was quite suprised because other headphones didn't do it as much at the same store.

They'd only be used for listening music (I've got the HD598s for computer use) and I've already got a good amp for that, the Naim Headline2 with Naim PSC power supply. I don't know how that amp works with the HD800s but atleast with the HD650s that I currently own it is superb.

A new battery for my laptop. The current one has the warning symbol and the charge only holds for about 30 minutes, but I never go out with it anymore, so I can't see the point in wasting £30 on a battery for something that will never see the light of day again.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

They'd only be used for listening music (I've got the HD598s for computer use) and I've already got a good amp for that, the Naim Headline2 with Naim PSC power supply. I don't know how that amp works with the HD800s but atleast with the HD650s that I currently own it is superb.

Some people try 10+ amps before finding one that works properly with them, they're probably one of the only headphones that changing your "setup" actually makes a big difference with.

(or atleast out of the ones I've tried)

Do you have a way you could rent/ borrow them?  I'd recommend that first, because some people love them to death, and some people cannot stand em.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I really want to have the Cosmos 2 case, it's my favorite case and I love it! I would happily buy it right now, but I can't not because of the price, but because I just simply don't need it yet. I am waiting for Skylake to arrive so that I can build an entire proper system in that big-ass case. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I really want to have the Cosmos 2 case, it's my favorite case and I love it! I would happily buy it right now, but I can't not because of the price, but because I just simply don't need it yet. I am waiting for Skylake to arrive so that I can build an entire proper system in that big-ass case. :)

Ugh... I just looked up the Cosmos 2 and now I am in the same boat... I want it but don't need it lol.