Tiny Tech Things that completely piss you off

JammyDodger

How shiny ABS keycaps get.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Ah, my bad. My memory was off last I checked these things.

9fc22631c94c981999ecef5e379336bc.png

It was the 1.5k model that had a 750m..which still isn't very good value as the 21" iMacs have considerably worst displays vs the 27" models. Even on the higher tier ones, a 755m and 775m isn't all that spectacular given the price point and more demanding displays.

A GPU is NOT the same thing as a computer. wtf

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

A GPU is NOT the same thing as a computer. wtf

No, but charging this much for such an anemic gpu when you tout the machine has being focused for creative content makers with a premium monitors. It makes zero sense not to include something better,

People who complain Apple is overpriced.

This

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

No, but charging this much for such an anemic gpu when you tout the machine has being focused for creative content makers with a premium monitors. It makes zero sense not to include something better,

I don't think this is for people who need extreme performance like video editors and such, that would be what they market the mac pro for, the iMac is just a general use computer

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

That moment when you can't quite screw a screw in on your PC, yet you know that it SHOULD be a perfect fit. I don't remember which exact screw it was for me, but I got pissed off to the point where I threw my ratcheting screw driver across the room, making it impact the wall. I retrieved the pieces of the screw driver and put it back together. It still works perfectly. The mark it left looks like a bullet hole from Half-Life 2.

I don't overclock... I OGREclock.
Shrek is love. Shrek is life.

This:

P5280146_zps0babf2b1.jpg

What the heck is that  :blink: ? How did you do that ?

AMD FX 8320 OC 4.5Ghz   MSI 970 Gaming AM3+  2x4G Ballistic + 1x4G Corsair Vengeance    Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC (UEFI) - 4 Go    Corsair 300R   2.5 TB HDD    FSP Fortron Raider S - 750W   Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3

When I try to click something, and a popup comes up (IE antivirus update) and you accidentally click that instead.

When I just turned off my computer, but then remember I still need to do one thing.

When windows auto-restarts after an update, and because I'm doing something full screen, I don't see the popup to postpone.

When a program needs updating every 2 days. 

That are some of my tiny annoyances.

When windows auto-restarts after an update, and because I'm doing something full screen, I don't see the popup to postpone.

There's programs and/or registry edits that can permanently disable the popup.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

What the heck is that  :blink: ? How did you do that ?

It's a standoff that wasn't screwed into the motherboard tray tightly enough and it came loose while screwing in the motherboard, meaning I had to remove all the other srews I had already screwed in, extract the motherboard from the case, hold the standoff with a pair of pliers, and unscrew it. Sadly, it's not the first time this has happened to me.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

My GT610.

When my PC closes everything once I get back from school

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It's a standoff that wasn't screwed into the motherboard tray tightly enough and it came loose while screwing in the motherboard, meaning I had to remove all the other srews I had already screwed in, extract the motherboard from the case, hold the standoff with a pair of pliers, and unscrew it. Sadly, it's not the first time this has happened  

And it's not the first time, so unlucky !

AMD FX 8320 OC 4.5Ghz   MSI 970 Gaming AM3+  2x4G Ballistic + 1x4G Corsair Vengeance    Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC (UEFI) - 4 Go    Corsair 300R   2.5 TB HDD    FSP Fortron Raider S - 750W   Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3

People who seems to think that Norton is worst than Hitler and bitch about it the moment anyone dare to mention it, when it's in fact pretty good at what it does, especially since 2008~2009 when it got a massive overhaul and barely uses any resources anymore.

All their arguments are either outdated (ie: uses a lot of resources), blaming the software for the error of the monkey sitting at the desk. (ie: expired license, PC full of viruses.) or saying it doesn't catch anything (According to who? you? Every independent AV-tests out there disagree with you and ranks it pretty high, generally at least in the top5 bests, prove that it's bad compared to the other solutions or stfu)

As for the licenses, fact is, Norton warns you, multiple times before AND after it's expiration date, with big popups on the screen, even sending you emails about it, if your clients/friends/family members are too stupid to either get another license or install a new anti virus, don't blame the software when they come to you when they are infected to the brim, especially when considering they are most likely the primary cause for there to even be any viruses on the machine, as anyone who's careful on the internet can easily get by without an anti virus.

Even at my old work place, a co-worker who was in IT completely seemed to hate Norton with a passion and when I asked him about it, he just came up with completely ignorant and false facts(like the ones I mentioned above). If you haven't used it in years, or at all, you have no rights to say anything about it just because you heard from X that it was Y and so that's the truth.

I've used Norton since 2003, I've heard them all from so called "experts" and I'm getting sick of it. Before 2009, sure, it uses a lot of resources, but it wasn't too obvious on newer more powerful machines, but after that? Get your facts right. I've pretty much gave up trying to argue with those people, they refuse to accept a software can change and that every tests out there were obviously bought off by Symantec. *sigh*

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Half-height arrow keys. Can't stand them.

Sneaky windows updates that restart your computer while you play games.

And after i tried ubuntu i started getting more and more pissed at windows.

Windows will throw a tantrum when you boot up if you've removed one tiny component.

Ubuntu gives no sh*ts about your hardware changes :D

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Sneaky windows updates that restart your computer while you play games.

And after i tried ubuntu i started getting more and more pissed at windows.

Windows will throw a tantrum when you boot up if you've removed one tiny component.

Ubuntu gives no sh*ts about your hardware changes :D

I can relate to that. Why Windows, Why??

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

When you have games that run better on the equivalent GPU of the other brand... *cough*watch_dogs*cough*

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

try using a raptor 10k RPM hard drive lol LOUD

Ooor a seagate cheetah 15kRPM :-)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

My speakers making noises while its on but not used...

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

How loud by PC gets when playing simple games like freaking Roblox

Mine goes nuts when my little nephews play

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Tiny Tom Logan does my funking head in

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2