Tiny Tech Things that completely piss you off

JammyDodger

• Bullshit proprietary connectors

Intel's SATA Express and M.2 eating into existing PCIe lanes when we already have too few

DRM on software and games, publishers have the data to prove it's hurting more than it's helping by now and it punishes only paying customers

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm not an apple fan boy. If anything i would be a Microsoft fan boy.

But seriously the iPhone 5s is priced very similarly to the other top tier smart phones.

The MacBook Pro has unmatched build quality, while still being thinner and lighter than most ultra books. The specs are also really good.

A MacPro is actually very competitively priced. Remember professional grade equipment is very expensive even on the PC side.

Apple has amazing customer service, which is worth a lot.

did i say you was a apple fan boy

yes the build quaity is great but i can build the same spec pc for less than apple charge

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

My hard drive is too tiny..... :( That pisses me off sometimes

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Getting rid of Anodized Aluminium Smudges 

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

The motherflipping PS Vita memory card

I need one but they are like £2000000000000000000000000000000 per gb

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Asus motherboard software not working properly.
Having wifi go installed pretty much means the wifi card never goes off even on shutdown, and even with wake on lan turned off in the bios the computer turns itself on randomly (few reported cases on Z77 Asus boards).

Then randomly the other day it just decided that it couldn't detect the motherboard so all my fan control etc isn't working. Sigh.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Being charged for DLC that is already made and if not gets released 1-3 months after the game comes out. (Included it in the game Morons)

Proprietary connectors

People hating apple even though if it wasn't for apple i bet your smart phone wouldn't be so great.

People hating facebook while on facebook

Rockstar for not releasing GTA5 on PC

Australian Internet costs.

Paying $15 more for games in Australia compared to other countries.

I better stop before my blood pressure gets to high

my case is too large 

My case is too small...

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

My case is too small...

wanna swap? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Micro USB connectors

Laptop keyboards, just what's the point! The one on my gaming notebook is terrible..

Micro USB

Flimsy build quality in cases, laptop screen hinges etc.

Plastic front panels on cases.

Tiny DLCs ('expansions' are okay e.g. Borderlands 2, Skyrim)

Pre-ordering games.

Digital versions of games that cost the same as their physical counterparts.

TN panels

HDMI

Expensive shipping

The absurdly large amount of Black and Red motherboards on the market.

I could go on.

wanna swap? 

haha depends if you are in London and want a banged up Antec902 with some of the side panel missing to allow it to close (wouldn't recommend)

Actually that is a little tech peeve, side panel fans not far enough away to allow a big arsed cooler on your processor. I have 5mm gap with the perspex removed.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

haha depends if you are in London and want a banged up Antec902 with some of the side panel missing to allow it to close (wouldn't recommend)

Actually that is a little tech peeve, side panel fans not far enough away to allow a big arsed cooler on your processor. I have 5mm gap with the perspex removed.

the shipping to aus would be $300+ haha :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

the shipping to aus would be $300+ haha :P

exactly :D the box it came in might be worth the shipping though... if I remember correctly it was rather sturdy with great ventilation out the top.

-Groucho Marx

TWC and Comcast wanting to merge. I was seriously getting 1.45 mb/s out of the 15 I can supposedly get when I was watching youtube the other day, turned my vpn client on and bam went to 18.39 mb/s, they can clam it is youtube or netflix not providing enough bandwith on their end all they want, but it is twc doing it.

Micro usb too, specifically the replacement micro usb chargers. One you original device charger dies, look for buying a new charging cable or charger every few months.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

When I buy something new and it has a defect...

Every time.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

High end phones that slow down over time. Since when is 2GB of ram & a quad core processor not enough to smoothly open apps and answer calls?... 

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

when my cables are not long enough to manage properly. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

When a USB device refuses to work properly until you take it out of the socket and plug it back in.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

how loud my keyboard is dam you cherry MX blues

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Finger prints, finger prints on everything...

And a side effect of them, micro scratches when you try to clean them.

Mystery is the source of all true science.