Reddit Link - How MSI sees PC Builders

They know damn well what they're doing. Bad publicity is better than no publicity i suppose... 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/26iuvk/how_msi_sees_us_pc_builders/

If there are any PC builders that have that mix of talent and assets, can they help Linus do some reviews?

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at MSI

Uhm wtf did I just saw :?

Someone that comes close to this is tasty pc but I beleive Linus hates this girl.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6duTrdZCnxNWIofAbQ0TIw

so you mean to tell me every time i build a PC i turn into a badly dubbed over asian chick in bikini? :o

AWESOME I WANT 2!!!

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I'd rather watch Carey Holzman assemble a PC. This kind of thing annoys me, but they're getting publicity in the end anyway.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I saw that video before...OMFG...

It's really fucking inaccurate and the woman does not even talk...hell they just say "plug in the connectors" but what connectors for what? they didn't even show front panel.

Someone that comes close to this is tasty pc but I beleive Linus hates this girl.

He said in one of the early livestreams that he hated people who were just reading off scripts with no tech know-how, but he said she did and he didn't mind her if I remember correctly

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

This is as old as my grandmothers... eyes. Srsly, it's really old, and definitely not newsworthy.

911 posts, illuminati pls.

I like Tasty PC. She seems to know her stuff and is pretty at the same time. Dream girl? I think so.

But back to the main topic. That video was cringe worthy. To me sex doesn't sell me electronic devices or really that many things for that matter. Why would I buy something just because someone hot uses it? It's sad how low companies will go these days.

Hehe this video is quite old. Just remember that MSI is an international company (like most), so they cater to many and very different markets. That video will cater to millions of horny asians. This is marketing 101 done right.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

[removed]

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i guess we will eventually see linus in Bikini in order to compete with that kind of advertisement

I had find my password just to post this:

Slick please, please make Linus do this.

It was removed. What was there originally? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Lauren knows what shes talking about and is actually interested in PC hardware. Just because shes an attractive women doesn't mean she isn't a good tech youtuber. 

It was removed. What was there originally? 

The video MSI posted of a bikini clad women assembling a PC. Blatant pandering. 

The video MSI posted of a bikini clad women assembling a PC. Blatant pandering. 

The right demographic. Sad truth. But that's taking it too far: while most of the PC building community is male, most aren't meat heads, and a lot are married a good percentage even with children. It is almost an insult of the intelligence of the average PC builder. I don't know what smart person decided this was a good idea. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I honestly hate it when these really hot women, not gonna lie, review or do let's plays or even talk about stupid shit, get thousands of views because men are clicking away.... yeah.... And not to mention, TastyPC? Why make it sound so sexual with the word Tasty? PC isn't tasty... its a hobby xD. Her voice is cute but not if I can hear her take deep breaths every 2 seconds and I can hear all of her spit in her mouth when she talks. Is she trying to eat the microphone? You see, Linus and everyone else, has either someone help them with the positioning of mics or cameras or they have a strong mic that doesn't pick up the sounds of their stomach. I, of course, found one thumbnail where she is smiling the same in each video and has a push up bra and looks sexy. Who wouldn't click it? I hate that they barely try and can easily manipulate the system. But such is life. 

However....I like Linus because now he is starting to wear different hats and glasses and I laugh my ass off and his impersonation of HowToBasic. 

Her voice makes me want to slaugther someone.

Every time she says radiator I want to deafen myself.

How do I know Korean's who can pronounce it correctly and she can't.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Honestly it makes me not want anything to do with msi products. It's insulting. 

muh specs 

All parts black