Which case fans are best?

MxRider9637

i have made a thread before on case fans. I decided to go with the corsair fans but seeing as noctua just released there redux line im starting to reconsider which fans i get. 

Can someone lead me in the right direction?

Budget: doesnt matter

pc case: corsair 750D

Sizes: 120mm and 140mm

I have the Noctua NF-A14 (I know they are not the newest ones) and i love them! Would reccomend then to anyone! They are really quiet and push a lot of air.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I have the Noctua NF-A14 (I know they are not the newest ones) and i love them! Would reccomend then to anyone! They are really quiet and push a lot of air.

yea i know they are amazing its just the color scheme would kill my build. thats why i looked towards the redux line

Noctua cant be beat, and i dont care what the Tyhoon newbs say ;)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

i like the look of corsiar fans but they're not great

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

LMFAO THANK YOU!!! im tired of hearing about the typhoons..

i like the look of corsiar fans but they're not great

yea exactly why im resorting to different kind of fans.

yea exactly why im resorting to different kind of fans.

the new noctua fans should hit the markets in about 1 month :) its worth waiting

the new noctua fans should hit the markets in about 1 month :) its worth waiting

oh, that was going to be my next question is where can i buy the redux fans??

trust me people are blowing this out of proportion. noctua is known for quiet performance. the new black ones are LOUD and sure you can buy low noise adapters for them to perform the same as the old ones did at like double the price.

Loves PC Games :D

trust me people are blowing this out of proportion. noctua is known for quiet performance. the new black ones are LOUD and sure you can buy low noise adapters for them to perform the same as the old ones did at like double the price.

you get low noise adapters with them, and no, they have some louder but there are also the gray ones that are more silent, even with some with 80+ airflow at 17 db..

im talking about the redux line not the industrial line.

I would go with the one similar to the NF-A14's in the new lines that Noctua announced.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

you get low noise adapters with them, and no, they have some louder but there are also the gray ones that are more silent, even with some with 80+ airflow at 17 db..

yea but for the most part the mos recommended noctua fans are the nff-12 and the nfa-14 which are only being done in the industrial grade. 

Loves PC Games :D

For radiators: Silverstone Ap123

For airflow Silverstonne AP122

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 - totally inaudible at 16 dBa, great looks and solid performance and no motor hiss, and the Be quiet logo looks pretty cool when spinning

I personally like the Corsair SP120's, got mine running at 7 volts and can barely hear them and push the amount of air they I need, at 12 however they push alot more air but the sound levels increase.... alot

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

These are budget fans. They are exactly average and are comparable to fans you'd get shipped with a case. Yes, they are a tiny bit quieter but you would not notice the difference (approx <3db). 

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Silverstone fans, most underrated fans ever, cheap as well

Be Quiet! would like to have a word with you ;).

Silent Wings are really good, but expensive. Pure Wings are more than sufficient in some cases and much cheaper usually. Both are very quiet (inaudible with any CPU/GPU cooling solution unless you drop to basically 1000 or less RPM), pushing a lot of air at the same time.

Silent Wings I believe are the pressure-optimized versions, whereas Pure Wings is straight-up airflow. Edit: They're supposed to be rated at around 17dB and 1600 RPM at max speed.

BE QUIET!

fans are a solid choice. the 140 mm silent wings are whisper quiet. If you decouple them from the case with the included pins, they are inaudible up to 9V and only then you start hearing the air moving through.

shadow wings 120mm are good for static pressure. You can even force some screws through the rubber mounting (I've tried it), so they're good for radiator use.

pure wings are the low budget option. They're great imo but the rubber mounts are worth the price. ;)

who cares...

Because we all know that all fan manufacturers tell us the truth about their fan specs.

About the "Noctua can't be beat" thing, multiple people on the forums have switched from and or tried NF-F12's to Gentle typhoons, and been much happier with noise level and performance.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/155593-gentle-typhoon-fans-vs-corsair-sp120af120/?p=2074222

Here's one person that wrote a review.

Not to mention the tests done by this guy, whom owns a website dedicated to testing fans, and watercooling equipment. http://www.overclock.net/t/1389355/fan-testing-round-12-begins-thanks-to-cpachris-and-prymus-nb-e-loop-sp120-nf-f12-cougar-vortex-pwm-vortex-red-led-pirahna-ap-45

People complain about "to much talk about GT's" but I'm failing to see how it's any different than recommending a graphics card over another, because of better performance.

If benchmarks were provided proving one graphics card was better than another, I highly doubt people would argue over the "to much recommendation".  Providing people with the best recommendations possible is part of why this forum continues to be enjoyed by so many people.  I'm not going to stop recommending something I have seen tested by others and tested by myself to be better than another product, just because Linus said they were his favorite.

Enough about that:

@Op If you really like corsair's fans, make sure to get the quiet editions. They're not bad at all once undervolted, other options would be akasa apache black's, (or rosewill hyperborea), gentle typhoons, Be Quiet, silverstone air penetrators.

There's tons more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Low noise adapters is for noobs

Silverstone fans, most underrated fans ever, cheap as well

Agree. My AP181 at 700rpm is even much quieter than my nf-f12 at 1500rpm and a better sound quality, heck even at 1200rpm its noise quality is even better.

Be Quiet! would like to have a word with you ;).

Silent Wings are really good, but expensive. Pure Wings are more than sufficient in some cases and much cheaper usually. Both are very quiet (inaudible with any CPU/GPU cooling solution unless you drop to basically 1000 or less RPM), pushing a lot of air at the same time.

Silent Wings I believe are the pressure-optimized versions, whereas Pure Wings is straight-up airflow. Edit: They're supposed to be rated at around 17dB and 1600 RPM at max speed.

The gap between the blades is too big to call it a static pressure optimized fan. I have 6 be quiet 140mm fans 1K rpm in my switch 810, at its max speed theyre audible and a bit too loud to my liking.

LMFAO THANK YOU!!! im tired of hearing about the typhoons..

Go with typhoons, swiftech helix, silverstone ap123 or noiseblocker eloops. If you're running nf-f12's directly off the psu even with the low noise adapters theyre very loud fans. You should avoid airflow fans, plenty of cases these days have venting holes near the pci bracket so you want to use static pressure optimized fans. Half of the air a regular fan blows is just lost or it cools your drive drive off as well >.> Corsair fans are junk, the motor is audible at any speed really.

Basically the best fans you can get are gentle typhoons, NF-f12's and E-loops.

If you don't have that much money get noiseblocker blacksilent pros, rosewell hyperborea's or silverstone air penetrators.

Be quiet also makes some decent stuff. But if you are looking for the best fans stay away from corsair fans, they are decent but crap when compared to the best it's abit like saying you want the fastest car possible and then buying an evo.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s