Any Good cases that support 420mm aio’s?

Hello, are there any cases that support 2 or more 200mm fans and a 420mm radiator and has great airflow and cooling that costs 250$ Canadian dollars or less (you can convert to your currency) sorry if this is really specific.

The thermaltake core 71 also fits all my specs but I’m not sure how the airflow and cooling is even if it fits the specs

11 minutes ago, Shyguy873 said:

Hello, are there any cases that support 2 or more 200mm fans and a 420mm radiator and has great airflow and cooling that costs 250$ Canadian dollars or less (you can convert to your currency) sorry if this is really specific.

Why the hell are you using 200mm fans?   Get a Fractal North XL, put the 420mm in the front, and 3x140's up top and a 4th rear.  

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/north/north-xl/chalk-white/

May be budget tight for canada.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

20 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

You described the Asus ProArt PA602 perfectly but its out of your price range. 420mm rad support with 2x 200mm fans and its certainly a premium case. 

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_6004_5960&item_id=252356&language=en

The thermaltake core 71 also fits all my specs but I’m not sure how the airflow and cooling is even if it fits the specs

42 minutes ago, Shyguy873 said:

I mean, *technically* speaking you described the Fractal Torrent to a T (albiet $20 CAD over budget)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/BjqPxr/fractal-design-torrent-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-c-tor1a-01

The one issue is the 420 RAD needs to go at the bottom. And assuming it's an AIO, this would mean the pump is at the highest point in the loop, which is where air will sit and cause wear and tear to the pump. So I would NOT recommend this setup for an AIO.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I mean, *technically* speaking you described the Fractal Torrent to a T (albiet $20 CAD over budget)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/BjqPxr/fractal-design-torrent-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-c-tor1a-01

The one issue is the 420 RAD needs to go at the bottom. And assuming it's an AIO, this would mean the pump is at the highest point in the loop, which is where air will sit and cause wear and tear to the pump. So I would NOT recommend this setup for an AIO.

Yeah, I was going to aio

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The PA602 really is the exact case they described. Top mounted 420 support and 200mm fans. I have a Torrent and its fantastic (ha) but the fans are 180mm and as you described, not the best for an AIO in the bottom. 

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

The PA602 really is the exact case they described. Top mounted 420 support and 200mm fans. I have a Torrent and its fantastic (ha) but the fans are 180mm and as you described, not the best for an AIO in the bottom. 

Oh ok, thanks 🙂

I found the deepcool Morpheus. Is that good?

Just now, Shyguy873 said:

I found the deepcool Morpheus. Is that good?

Never heard of it, but it looks like more of a standard mesh box. I'm sure its fine.

Never heard of it, but it looks like more of a standard mesh box. I'm sure its fine.

It supports up to 13 fans XD 6 of which are 200mm

thermaltake core 71 looks cool and could have been but that front is closed off...

and the old school psu mount that tt dint want to put a shrowd over... 🤷‍♂️

200mm fans monts are rare but there a few.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Lancool III does it. Thing is heavy af though, as I always mention... mine is a burden to take up for moving EMPTY, I can't think how badly it can get when filled with hefty parts. I think that's because of the whole screwless design, where both panels are closed and you have basically nowhere to hold the chassis from other than its corners. Therefore the center of weight is crap, making it seem heavier than it already even is to lift.

On 5/8/2024 at 2:05 PM, TVwazhere said:

Actually, that depends. There are 4 positions I've seen for the pump:

1. Water block - most common
  2. Tubes - increasingly common
  3. Rad array - not common
  4. Tube end of rad - not common

2-4 would be okay for bottom mount.  3-4 would need the block to be mounted with tubes pointed up or, failing that, to the side, which will keep the plays from becoming dry. Definitely best with any AIO to choose one that allows flush and fill at least. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

21 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Actually, that depends. There are 4 positions I've seen for the pump:

1. Water block - most common
  2. Tubes - increasingly common
  3. Rad array - not common
  4. Tube end of rad - not common

2-4 would be okay for bottom mount.  3-4 would need the block to be mounted with tubes pointed up or, failing that, to the side, which will keep the plays from becoming dry. Definitely best with any AIO to choose one that allows flush and fill at least. 

True, but

1. There are an exceedingly small amount of AIO's that dont have them in the pump. I cannot find any examples of #2 currently. Especially in a 420mm variant, which in of itself is a rare size. We're asking for a niche within a niche here.
  2. Even in a situation where a 420 rad can be found without a pump in the block, and can be mounted at the bottom without risk of premature pump whine or failure due to permeation, the block is still the highest point within the loop, meaning air will build up inside the block. This will almost certainly reduce thermal efficiency to the thing you're actually trying to cool off, getting worse over time.
  3. Flush & fill AIO's are notoriously leaky; mainly due to user error which often results in a lost electrical component. Even experienced custom watercoolers have mishaps, so to ask normal users to add/change their own fluid is, IMO high risk low reward.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

58 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

True, but

1. There are an exceedingly small amount of AIO's that dont have them in the pump. I cannot find any examples of #2 currently. Especially in a 420mm variant, which in of itself is a rare size. We're asking for a niche within a niche here.
  2. Even in a situation where a 420 rad can be found without a pump in the block, and can be mounted at the bottom without risk of premature pump whine or failure due to permeation, the block is still the highest point within the loop, meaning air will build up inside the block. This will almost certainly reduce thermal efficiency to the thing you're actually trying to cool off, getting worse over time.
  3. Flush & fill AIO's are notoriously leaky; mainly due to user error which often results in a lost electrical component. Even experienced custom watercoolers have mishaps, so to ask normal users to add/change their own fluid is, IMO high risk low reward.

1. Fair, but you can find several examples of the pump mounted on the tubes from Thermalright. Not sure about 420s and I'm too busy to go searching right now. The only 420 I see on their website is the Warframe, which is very hard to find these days. It's maintainable and, thus, about as expensive as others in that class (~$150-170) and the pump is in the block. AFAIK, all their other AIOs have the pump on the tubes. Sama also has some with the pump on the tubes, but they're vastly overpriced for the performance they offer (the company rarely publishes product specs), aren't maintainable and I doubt are good quality, either. How common they are isn't the point, though, is it? My whole point was to show that there are options for people who need to mount on the bottom. If we're going to talk about rarity, how many cases can accommodate a 420 on the bottom? "We're asking for a niche within a niche here." 😉
  2. "..without a pump in the block, and can be mounted at the bottom without risk of premature pump whine or failure due to permeation" - pump whine and permeation are potential problems no matter where you mount it. These are irrelevant because the issue at hand is finding an AIO with a pump that's in a place where it won't get damaged when the AIO is on the bottom. So, why distract from the issue with something that is a universal issue not only relevant to this particular issue and option? And, as far as the block is concerned, I already pointed out how to mitigate that issue by pointing the tubes on the block up or to the side (with a strong pump is even better), and that it's important to choose an AIO that can be refilled. Anyone who does otherwise with a bottom mount is asking for trouble. It's not ideal, but the ideal solution is to abandon using an AIO and get an air cooler. Few people NEED an AIO, let alone a custom loop. Then they're just left with fan failure and paste failure as issues, assuming they mount it correctly (which is equally an issue for water coolers).
  3. That's true, I'm sure. I'd rather have the option and take the risk with a long-bent-necked plastic filling bottle than toss it out after a few years of service just because I couldn't refill it. Whether the OP wants to do that is up to them.

My purpose here is to do my best to educate people on what their options are. Which options are a good fit for someone is their business.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

True, but

BTW, if you do come across any 420s with a tube-mounted pump, I would be interested in knowing.

Have you used many AIOs?

12 hours ago, RevGAM said:

BTW, if you do come across any 420s with a tube-mounted pump, I would be interested in knowing.

Have you used many AIOs?

the pump being mounted els were was do to a copy right by a company... but i dont no they worked things out 🤷‍♂️ thats why there was pumps in the tube or rad or els were other then the block. its kinda the magnetic fan thing with lian li...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 5/17/2024 at 8:55 AM, TVwazhere said:

True, but

Bitfenix Cube also has a tube- mounted pump. Sadly, only 240mm and 360mm,  AFAIK, but the pump is strong: 5500 RPM and 1.8M lift.