Lian Li Desk Chassis

Due to the many 'desk top' (yes, there is a pun there) Lian Li have designed two enthusiast-level PC cases capable of holding graphics cards up to 410mm long and CPU coolers up to 180mm high. The bigger variant, the 'DX-02X' is able to also have a mini-ITX motherboard and graphics card at the same time. This honestly looks amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO-EcFQL9zc#t=14

post-82612-0-80610100-1400981980_thumb.j

I want it to be a bedside table.

Quote me to get a reply!

One thing I don't understand about that design is why do you bother building such a nice desk if you're gonna put your peripherals on a platform in front of it?

Reminds me a lot of The Desk

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I want it to be a bedside table.

you are so yesterday, make it the bed itself B)

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

you are so yesterday, make it the bed itself B)

Glass is uncomfortable to sleep on...

Also the PC can work as heating.

Quote me to get a reply!

One thing I don't understand about that design is why do you bother building such a nice desk if you're gonna put your peripherals on a platform in front of it?

You mean why the keyboard is there?

Well, think this, they will probably end up supporting coolers like the NH-D14, meaning that the desk is going to be at least 20cm thick. It's going to be really weird and uncomfortable for the user (specially if he is short) to have your legs so much separated from the elbows.

The keyboard must always be at the same height as the elbows, with your arms on 90°, so for this thick desk, putting the keyboard in this 'platform' is basically the only answer. This or making the desk smaller, which means radiators, monster GPUs and tower heatsinks are out of the question, and that's not going to be what enthusiasts want.

No height adjusting mechanic, deal breaker for me :< 

But i really like the design

Do you really like it? Look at the USB ports, they are on the right side. That's where the mouse is supposed to be, having all those cables in there (like the Lycosa keyboard on the picture) looks very uncomfortable. Putting the I/O on the left would've been a much better idea.

Do you really like it? Look at the USB ports, they are on the right side. That's where the mouse is supposed to be, having all those cables in there (like the Lycosa keyboard on the picture) looks very uncomfortable. Putting the I/O on the left would've been a much better idea.

Ah yes you make a fair point, i was thinking more of the shape and such, and the headphone holders. i didn't pay much attention to the rest hehe...

Id like the table to be abit bigger and more rugged, i fear it would break if i put my 3 monitors on it. also as you said, different position of the USB and such. maybe next to the Headphone holder.

Ah yes your make a fair point, i was thinking more of the shape and such, and the headphone holders. i didn't pay much attention to the rest hehe...

Id like the table to be abit bigger and more rugged, i fear it would break if i put my 3 monitors on it. also as you said, different position of the USB and such. maybe next to the Headphone holder.

Yes, I hope they develop their design a bit more before hitting the market (not that I'm going to buy any of this haha)

It looks that they are using tempered glass, and it  looks at least 6mm, with that you can probably dance and jump on the top of the desk without breaking it.

Well, think this, they will probably end up supporting coolers like the NH-D14, meaning that the desk is going to be at least 20cm thick.

If someone has the money to buy this desk I really doubt that they will be running it on air. I mean come on, this is designed to show off those sexy water loops, who would want to look into their awesome desk to see a big heatsink.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

If someone has the money to buy this desk I really doubt that they will be running it on air. I mean come on, this is designed to show off those sexy water loops, who would want to look into their awesome desk to see a big heatsink.

Now this is more what i´d get myself

http://www.geek.com/chips/man-builds-the-ultimate-pc-casedesk-hybrid-1533146/

"mindblowing"

Its on the Heavy side but i se some improvements that can be fixed to lighten it, maybe even slap on some Wheels :P

Now this is more what i´d get myself

http://www.geek.com/chips/man-builds-the-ultimate-pc-casedesk-hybrid-1533146/

"mindblowing"

Its on the Heavy side but i se some improvements that can be fixed to lighten it, maybe even slap on some Wheels :P

Now that I would buy. The Lian Li desk looks a bit plain.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim