Why is the Macrium Reflect Rescue environment popup taking a long time to go away?

cns00

I have 2 laptops: aaa and bbb. Both laptops have Macrium Reflect and I made a Macrium Reflect Rescue flash USB so I can boot from it to run the Macrium Reflect Rescue environment so I can restore from a Macrium Reflect image file.

In the past my Synology NAS was connected to router\network switch by using a network wire and also aaa was connected to the router network switch by using a network wire. bbb is not connected to anything and it uses wifi. When I boot from the Macrium Reflect Rescue flash USB I get a popup which says preparing the rescue environment and then it says loading network adapters and then the popup goes away. In the past the popup went away in a few seconds and it was like that on aaa and bbb.

Last year I connected my Synology NAS directly to aaa by using a network wire and I am using wifi on aaa. After that if I boot from the Macrium Reflect Rescue flash USB and the popup shows then it will get stuck on preparing the rescue environment for 1 or 2 minutes and then it will get stuck on loading network adapters for 1 or 2 minutes and then the popup goes away. 

I want to ask why is the popup taking a long time to go away after I connected my Synology NAS to aaa? Is the rescue environment trying to access the NAS and it's getting stuck doing that?

-> Moved to Networking

When both devices are connected to the router the router is giving them an IP using DHCP.

When they are both connected to each other without the router nothing is there to give them an IP, so it waits until it times out. You have to manually assign IP addresses in this configuration.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

59 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You have to manually assign IP addresses in this configuration.

I'm sorry. I don't understand what I have to do.

I ran Synology Assistant after I connected the NAS to the laptop so the laptop detected the NAS.

Where do I assign the IP addresses?

Can I prevent the Macrium Reflect Rescue environment from accessing the NAS?

15 minutes ago, cns00 said:

Can I prevent the Macrium Reflect Rescue environment from accessing the NAS?

I thought you needed it to access the NAS cause the image was on that, but if not simply disconnecting the network cable from the laptop should do. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2