KVM Monitor does not ''turn off''

Glider22

Good morning everyone, I have searched online and have yet to find a solution for my problem.

I purchased a KVM monitor to control both my gaming PC and my professional laptop. The KVM monitor does its job perfectly as I am able to switch between both computers while using the same keyboard and mouse. The KVM monitor is connected to my gaming PC through DP and USB-B while the laptop is connected to the monitor through USB-C.

However, on my gaming PC, I also have a sim racing rig connected including a second monitor connected through DP. The sim racing monitor works but does not display any of the apps or games I open on the gaming PC, even when I ''turn off'' the KVM monitor. I use the quotation marks because I suspect that the KVM monitor does not actually turn off completely, therefore the gaming PC does not recognize the sim racing monitor as the only display available and all apps opened must be displayed on the ''turned off'' KVM monitor.

The workaround is to physically disconnect the DP cable going from the KVM monitor to the gaming PC and only then can I use my sim racing monitor as intended.

Does anyone have a better solution for this issue? I would prefer not having to disconnect a cable everytime I want to race.

Thank you.

Change the primary display to be the sim monitor when playing?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Change the primary display to be the sim monitor when playing?

Lol I don't know why I did not do this before but that works.

Still, if there is a more seemless solution out there, I am interested!