Windows asking me what application to open my Steam games with.

Ok i have a really weird one guys. Reinstalled Windows about 3 weeks ago, just downloaded and installed Steam in the very same directory as previously, checked all game files, but when i launch a game, the stupid window asking my what to open the Steam launch URL with pops up. The popping up thing isn't the annoying part. What is annoying is that i makes the drivers not recognize the game as supported 3D application and AFMF starts disabled. If is Alt+Tab and Disable and Enable again the AFMF from the adrenaline options, it enabled, BUT it defaults the GPU to the default settings instead of RAGE. So the question is, how to stop windows from constantly asking me what to open my Steam games with?

P.S

It only happens with Steam games. Doesn't happen with GoG, doesn't happen with BattleNet, doesn't happen with older games i have installed from imaged CDs.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

Something must be up with the steam protocol registries not executing the needed commands. Check this in regedit

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\steam\Shell\Open\Command

Should be "path_to_steam.exe" -- "%1"

2 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Something must be up with the steam protocol registries not executing the needed commands. Check this in regedit

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\steam\Shell\Open\Command

Should be "path_to_steam.exe" -- "%1"

Yup, it's like that, but still it asks me every single time.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

10 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Yup, it's like that, but still it asks me every single time.

Okay type "default apps" in the start menu so it opens the Default Apps in settings. Go to the bottom "choose default apps by file type". Wait for it to load all filetypes and scroll down to .URL and select "Internet Browser". Hope that shakes up the file associations and fixes whatever is happening.

Alternatively you can test this with making another user account.

Okay, that didn't work either, but found the solution in Microsoft's page of all places. Disabled Recording with GameBar and disabled my controller from activating GameBar. Thanks for the help @Murasaki