How cap Ryzen 5900X power draw to 100W max ?

Go to solution Solved by NikolakiH,
18 minutes ago, Winterlight said:

Should I keep it to 0 ? I don't  know what is default values and after select PBO limit to manually I show everything at 0 by default. Btw if I lower to much  PPT can PC not boot at all ?

You can just leave them at 0. 0 either means Automatic or Maximum, I'm not entirely sure which, but it would function the same regardless. I suppose if you lowered the PPT to 25 or below you could probably cause your system to become unstable, but within reason (60 or above) you should be fine. The Ryzen 9 5900 (non X) is just the same thing as the 5900X with a lower boost clock and PPT set to 88 by default.

I have Ryzen 5900X and want cap it's power draw max to 100W currently it can draw about ~140W this CPU after test stable at -30 negative with PBO. Now think add manually PPT to 100W and lower negative curve to maybe 10-15 and start test until it will be stable but problem is that I don't know at all what values shoud use for TDC and EDC ?

You don't need to set EDC or TDC to anything. Once your CPU reaches the PPT limit it will automatically limit the current.

1 hour ago, NikolakiH said:

You don't need to set EDC or TDC to anything. Once your CPU reaches the PPT limit it will automatically limit the current.

Should I keep it to 0 ? I don't  know what is default values and after select PBO limit to manually I show everything at 0 by default. Btw if I lower to much  PPT can PC not boot at all ?

18 minutes ago, Winterlight said:

You can just leave them at 0. 0 either means Automatic or Maximum, I'm not entirely sure which, but it would function the same regardless. I suppose if you lowered the PPT to 25 or below you could probably cause your system to become unstable, but within reason (60 or above) you should be fine. The Ryzen 9 5900 (non X) is just the same thing as the 5900X with a lower boost clock and PPT set to 88 by default.

50 minutes ago, NikolakiH said:

Thanks. That is really help and now I'm happy after some testing and tweaks finally reduce my PC power draw from ~450W to ~350W while almost not lose performance in games just few FPS.  Btw CPU power cap to 100W basically no performance lose until don't need more than 8 core I tested with 3D Mark and it show that start lose performance only if need more than 8 core there is no diference in score between 100W and 140W in 1, 2,4, 8 core.

In game it shouldn't be any problem at all due I don't know any game yet that take advantage from more than 8 core.