As far as the last EV review

TheGerbille

you should review some videos from your fellow countrymen

Please stop SUV reviews or put warnings before the video, some of us are still in country spared by them or at least we were

8 minutes ago, TheGerbille said:

Please stop SUV reviews or put warnings before the video, some of us are still in country spared by them or at least we were

What exactly do you mean by this?

29 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

What exactly do you mean by this?

They are mad the SUVs are the better vehicles,  and dont like when they are looking down at them on the road in their small smart car.

38 minutes ago, TheGerbille said:

Stop wasting everyone's time with this useless, pointless drivel. Vehicles are dangerous, horses are dangerous, anything that has an element of uncertainty while traveling has a potential for danger.

Brushing all SUV's like this just makes you seem like you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about and you just want to be a petulant troll. Quite a few SUVs are fine, even for pedestrian safety. Are some better then others? Sure. But getting hit by any car like that is just not gonna be a good time so just dont get hit by cars! Every solution i have seen from this type of thing always goes no where as they dont ever provide any good solutions just whining and complaining that does nothing.

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

They are mad the SUVs are the better vehicles,  and dont like when they are looking down at them on the road in their small smart car.

I wouldn't go that far.  It depends on the use case as always.  I like my turbo Fiesta, its fantastic around the Norwegian twisties 🙂

I would never want to own an SUV myself.  I am a huge car guy so they are not for me unfortunately.

SUV's are very practical if you got kids of course.

8 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Your own comment makes the assumption that anyone who speaks out against SUVs are inherently driving smart cars, making your own perspective just as ignorant as individuals who blindly speak out against SUVs or trucks.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

6 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

i mean.. that's as flawed as a statement to make as "all SUVs suck". it's a fact that there's far too many SUV's on the road and that the majority of them have no reason to be there other than a status symbol.. but from my opinion as a cyclist i'm just fine with 'a certain market' buying oversized and hilareously inefficient vehicles to travel alone, because it tells me IMMEDIATELY what kind of driver is in which car. 

maybe just for once dont feed the troll and accept there's different people in different situations with different preferences.

29 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Your own comment makes the assumption that anyone who speaks out against SUVs are inherently driving smart cars, making your own perspective just as ignorant as individuals who blindly speak out against SUVs or trucks.

I made the statement because if you notice how dumb it sounds, maybe they have some hope of acknowledging that the original idea is also pretty dumb. That was the point of it 🙂

15 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i mean.. that's as flawed as a statement to make as "all SUVs suck". it's a fact that there's far too many SUV's on the road and that the majority of them have no reason to be there other than a status symbol.. but from my opinion as a cyclist i'm just fine with 'a certain market' buying oversized and hilareously inefficient vehicles to travel alone, because it tells me IMMEDIATELY what kind of driver is in which car. 

maybe just for once dont feed the troll and accept there's different people in different situations with different preferences.

Theres a clear difference between a preference, and just being idiotic. Preference is not wanting an SUV, Idiotic is to ban everyone and everything regarding SUVS simply because you dont like them. If you dont have a need for a certain type of vehicle, dont buy it. Nothing wrong with buying the vehicle in which you need. I like SUV's cause they are easier in the winter when it snows a ton here, and they are easier to get into because im tall.

People who buy cars as status symbols are just as idiotic and deserve to be shamed for it. Are there pointless cars? Of course, just like most things you can buy there are pointlessly expensive options for people with more money then brain cells with critical thinking skills enabled.

6 hours ago, Shimejii said:

yea.....no.
SUVs are better then historically, but to say they are better then a wagon is just almost never true. Its other factors that dive their sales. Such as, FALSE attribution of safety (a LOT of people think they are safer even though they... are not). And people viewing them as status symbols, Such as Americans associate big truck with big dick (even though its the inverse), and its not like America for better or worse has soft power or anything.  

Wagons, are just as utilitarian, often more sporty because of driving dynamics, and safer. 

Stop wasting everyone's time with this useless, pointless drivel. Vehicles are dangerous, horses are dangerous, anything that has an element of uncertainty while traveling has a potential for danger.

yes... things are dangerous, so we shouldn't make things safer because things are dangerous.
This has to be some of the worst logic I have run into this month. 

You are right, there is no such thing as no risk, however, counter point, there is such a thing as LESS risk.

Brushing all SUV's like this just makes you seem like you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about and you just want to be a petulant troll. Quite a few SUVs are fine, even for pedestrian safety. Are some better then others? Sure. But getting hit by any car like that is just not gonna be a good time so just dont get hit by cars! Every solution i have seen from this type of thing always goes no where as they dont ever provide any good solutions just whining and complaining that does nothing.

This seems oxymoronic. you admit you can make things safer for pedestrian safety, but fail to get to the conclusion of that you can make things safer for pedestrians... by lowering the amount of unnecessary SUVs on the road. Key word here is unnecessary. 

5 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Theres a clear difference between a preference, and just being idiotic. Preference is not wanting an SUV, Idiotic is to ban everyone and everything regarding SUVS simply because you dont like them. If you dont have a need for a certain type of vehicle, dont buy it. Nothing wrong with buying the vehicle in which you need. I like SUV's cause they are easier in the winter when it snows a ton here, and they are easier to get into because im tall.

Bro, Snow tires. just snow tires. 

90% of SUVs are not even better in the snow anyways, they usually unibody cars still, not 4x4 off-roaders. 

5 hours ago, Shimejii said:

People who buy cars as status symbols are just as idiotic and deserve to be shamed for it. Are there pointless cars? Of course, just like most things you can buy there are pointlessly expensive options for people with more money then brain cells with critical thinking skills enabled.

Status is not necessarily wrong, its what we are attributing to have status. 

Luxury SUVs/Trucks are a thing because of tax incentives and profit margins. Status is invented by those who make luxury goods.

The video OP posted has a solid solution/compromise, for CONSUMER class vehicles, have a max limit height of the grill at 125 cm, if a company wants exemptions, make it cost a significant lump of money. You can still have your trucks and SUVs, and everyone is safer

Fortnine makes some amazing content. I'd love to see a collab with Ryan on some electric bikes if Alex rode.

6 hours ago, starsmine said:

Wagons, are just as utilitarian, often more sporty because of driving dynamics, and safer. 

Some "crossover SUVs" are basically just wagons with factory lift kits.

Minivans are disgustingly practical, too. Problem is, they still haven't shaken the "soccer mom" stigma even though all the stereotypical "soccer parents" these days drive SUVs.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

-> Moved to Off Topic

While the premise here might be criticism towards LMG content, the core of discussion seems to be about cars.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Anyone else find how empty the engine bay of that truck was, hilarious?

Angry, overly aggressive looks with nothing behind them?

Yeah, that tracks.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 3/25/2024 at 11:38 PM, starsmine said:

yea.....no.
SUVs are better then historically, but to say they are better then a wagon is just almost never true. 

90% of SUVs are not even better in the snow anyways, they usually unibody cars still, not 4x4 off-roaders. 

You've obviously never driven a full frame Toyota 4runner with full-time 4 wheel drive, a switchable low 4 wheel drive range and lockable transfer case. Equipped with a 4.6L V8, it has the perfect weight balance ratio. 

The wife has a 2005 with those features that will handle any snow event you could throw at it. I trust it more than my full sized 4X4 Tundra in inclement weather. 

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI