Logitech G G502 HERO vs Razer Basilisk V3

Hi, I need to replace my mouse (I'm currently using a mouse from a pre-built from a 10+ years ago) the two mice I’m looking at are the 502 for £29.99 or the Basilisk for £39.99 which is the better mouse for the value as I want to get into playing keyboard and mouse gaming?

My PC AMD Ryzen 3600, Vetroo V5, Nvidia 2060, Lian-Li LANCOOL II .

The g502 will be more than good enough, i have had about 4 of them over the years. £29.99 is a good price

It does have some issues like double clicking over time and im not sure about the Razer as i have always used logitech.

I have G502 Proteus Spectrum and Razer Basillisk Ultimate.

They are almost identical in shape and the Basillisk V3 and G502 Hero have also almost identical shape.

The biggest difference or change I had to get used to when switching from G502 to Basillisk is the lack of the "lip" on the right side of the right mouse button where I used to rest my ring finger and I kept accidentally clicking the RMB on the Basillisk mouse until I got used to it.

Razer uses optical switches so you should never run into the double click issue the Logitech sometimes suffer from. I used my G502 for 6y and I never had the double click issue.

image.png.a7a299df8b47614d5e1a150d996fd462.png

image.png.8cdc48f178958ce313ee45b538d6baf8.png

Another thing I miss from the G502 is the "infinity scroll" as I got so used to it that I still sometimes try to flick the scroll on my Basillisk mouse after almost 2y of just using the Razer mouse.

But Razer has adjustable scroll wheel resistance so that is awesome as well, IMO the merge of these 2 mouses would be the ultimate combo.

What I also love on the Basillisk is that you can change the thumb button for a lever and then it feels like a mouse click. I use it as a modifier to change functions on all the other buttons so I use it almost all the time too and it feels so much better to use that the button on the G502.

Then it comes down to software. Personally, I absolutely hate both the Logitech and Razer SW so after setting up my mouse I just saved the profile on the mouse memory and uninstalled the software.

If you decide to do this then with Razer you also need to run script to block it from the mouse annoying you with popups to install it because Razer in their infinite wisdom made their peripherals in such way that the moment you plug them in they will try to force you to install the SW on Windows.

33 minutes ago, WereCat said:

The biggest difference or change I had to get used to when switching from G502 to Basillisk is the lack of the "lip" on the right side of the right mouse button where I used to rest my ring finger and I kept accidentally clicking the RMB on the Basillisk mouse until I got used to it.

what do you think is better, when there's edge lip next to buttons or covering whole top surface like the Razer does?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

6 minutes ago, podkall said:

what do you think is better, when there's edge lip next to buttons or covering whole top surface like the Razer does?

I don't think it matters at all. It's just that you have to readjust to one or the other to get used to it when you switch. I think this readjustment matters more when switching from G502 rather than switching to it as you would be already not resting your ring finger on the lip anyways so the lip being there would not matter.

That said, I think having the lip is better as you will have more ways to hold the mouse to your preference but it's not a necessary "feature".

11 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I don't think it matters at all. It's just that you have to readjust to one or the other to get used to it when you switch. I think this readjustment matters more when switching from G502 rather than switching to it as you would be already not resting your ring finger on the lip anyways so the lip being there would not matter.

That said, I think having the lip is better as you will have more ways to hold the mouse to your preference but it's not a necessary "feature".

I don't rest my finger on the lip though, so I guess it wouldn't really affect me

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti