A.i. explained...or exposed

Please do a show on the Giant Scam "A.i." is!  Whoa, big words partner.  If nobody believes that's OK.  A.I. is people.  No sh*t sherlock your thinking.  No I mean it's Poor People.  Poor people who've been putting digital hats on digital manaquins and then positioning them on a motorcycle.  What motorcycle?  *ANY* motorcycle.  Done a captcha lately?  These "artworks" are stolen mix-matches.  POOR PEOPLE and every captcha have been very impressively woven into an algorythm.  There is SO much data that "Wow, how did it do that!"  It's on a server already is how.  It's no A.I or a.i. it's a re-branded "Expert System" repackaged to maximize cash input.  Expert Systems are and hopefully will, be used for exactly what they are designed for but they won't make a Trillion dollars, a lot, not a Trillion.  Not in mere months.

What you're seeing is Greed.  Nobody wants to antropamorphize an "Expert Algorythm"  That's no fun and it don't sell.  Us humans LOVE to do that with anything, a box of soap, give it eyes and a mouth and make it sing on TV!!

NOTHING was machine learned, it's pulled up.  From data sets.  The "Intelligence" they're telling people....is people.  Working 14 hours doing THOUSANDS of tasks X's thousands of peers.

except.. you're wrong.

there might be nefareous enities that mis-label teir product as AI, but the way AI works is really interesting. maybe you should go watch some videos explaining it before you ask people to spread some baseless conspiracy theory.

It is usually a good idea to think your reasoning and arguments through so that you can explain to others how you feel and why you feel the way you do.

I tried reading your post and it is quite hard to follow your train of thought. It's almost as if you were just mad and wrote down the words as you were thinking of them. You made up statements from the "opposite side" and then answered them in your post, but never explained to the reader what those statements were.

It seems to me that you are claiming that these AI features are actually powered by people instead of a computer. Basically that "AI" like ChatGPT is similar to The Mechanical Turk.

If that is what you are claiming, then I am sorry to burst your tinfoil hat but you can actually download and run some of these models on your own hardware, without an internet connection. Chat with RTX and Stable Diffusion are two variants you can use with an Nvidia card if you don't believe me. That wouldn't be possible if it was just "poor people" doing all these things.

1 hour ago, DoublePlusUngood said:

NOTHING was machine learned, it's pulled up.  From data sets.  The "Intelligence" they're telling people....is people.  Working 14 hours doing THOUSANDS of tasks X's thousands of peers.

There are lots of misconceptions here.

A stable diffusion model is between 2 and 7 GB. It cannot store an internet worth of images to "pull from". The model really learned the statistical distribution of an home, and can diffuse trough noise an home like distribution of pixels that is unique.

The same is for LLM Large Language models. A good model might be 130b parameters, quantized at 4b is 70 GB. There isn't an internet worth of data in there, the model had to learn patterns.

The current state of the art model have a narrow intelligence that is getting wider and wider. They are not self aware, they aren't capable of deep reasoning, and they can't count very well. LLMs can be incredible productivity tools for many well defined tasks!

When I think AI buzzword, I think .COM bubble. 99% of AI companies are investor frauds. 1% of the companies are and will change the way the world works.

AI changed the way I work! I can't use a pencil, but I have enough creativity to have an image in mind, and StableDiffusion lets me realize the image, but without pencil skills, with prompt and inpaint skills. I use LLMs to recap youtube videos and documents, to fix well defined code, to add documentation, to proofread, to help plan my vacation, and so much more.

Below an example. on the left is about the best of my drawing skills. on the right, I fed my drawing, and in an hour of img2img refined the image to get my D&D battlmap for the session. This is something that wasn't possible before Diffusion models.

PyreoftheSyrenSong-Outside.thumb.jpg.4b76c45850957c3ccf074bf5ff6df486.jpg

On 3/20/2024 at 11:26 PM, DoublePlusUngood said:

Please do a show on the Giant Scam "A.i." is!  Whoa, big words partner.  If nobody believes that's OK.  A.I. is people.  No sh*t sherlock your thinking.  No I mean it's Poor People.  Poor people who've been putting digital hats on digital manaquins and then positioning them on a motorcycle.

*Assumes statement is true*

*Downloads Stable Diffusion and the trained output*

*Unplugs internet*

*Asks for a frog riding a donkey while picking it's nose*

*Gets the image of a frog riding a donkey while picking it's nose*

While AI might be a scam if you assume poor people are doing it, it means they've created a software internet that works without even any internet connection...they have now revolutionized the world by effectively having wireless communication on devices without wireless cards in it and working without an ISP.

In all seriousness though, AI neural networks as just probability engines in effect.  Yes it trains on a bunch of data, but that data as well sometimes gets vetted by people getting paid upwards of $30-40/hour [when it requires a skilled vetting].

On 3/20/2024 at 11:33 PM, manikyath said:

there might be nefareous enities that mis-label teir product as AI, but the way AI works is really interesting. maybe you should go watch some videos explaining it before you ask people to spread some baseless conspiracy theory.

I think one problem is that there are many facets of "AI", so while most people hear AI and think things like ChatGPT or massive computes; there is still classical AI techniques that many people wouldn't call AI but on the programming/dev side of things we would call AI.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

You mean there's little third world people inside my computer coming up with those drawings and texts? Oh... I mean, awwwww yeah it's FORCED LABOUR TIME, BABY

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:48 AM, Lunar River said:

or is this an attempt and creating a new "birds aren't real"?

YOU MEAN BIRDS ARE REAL????? I DIDNT KNOW THAT WAA

On 3/21/2024 at 2:26 AM, DoublePlusUngood said:

Please do a show on the Giant Scam "A.i." is!  Whoa, big words partner.  If nobody believes that's OK.  A.I. is people.  No sh*t sherlock your thinking.  No I mean it's Poor People.  Poor people who've been putting digital hats on digital manaquins and then positioning them on a motorcycle.  What motorcycle?  *ANY* motorcycle.  Done a captcha lately?  These "artworks" are stolen mix-matches.  POOR PEOPLE and every captcha have been very impressively woven into an algorythm.  There is SO much data that "Wow, how did it do that!"  It's on a server already is how.  It's no A.I or a.i. it's a re-branded "Expert System" repackaged to maximize cash input.  Expert Systems are and hopefully will, be used for exactly what they are designed for but they won't make a Trillion dollars, a lot, not a Trillion.  Not in mere months.

What you're seeing is Greed.  Nobody wants to antropamorphize an "Expert Algorythm"  That's no fun and it don't sell.  Us humans LOVE to do that with anything, a box of soap, give it eyes and a mouth and make it sing on TV!!

Granted, for years there have been plenty of things that companies call "AI" that actually isn't, but you're actually just not right here.

go watch this

get educated

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

You mean there's little third world people inside my computer coming up with those drawings and texts? Oh... I mean, awwwww yeah it's FORCED LABOUR TIME, BABY

You're probably way too young to remember the Flintstones.

2 hours ago, Erioch said:

You're probably way too young to remember the Flintstones.

Yeah. Even my mom is too young for The Flintstones.

Time flies.

Just now, Caroline said:

Yeah. Even my mom is too young for The Flintstones.

Time flies.

Well thanks for making me feel even older than I really am.

4 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Well thanks for making me feel even older than I really am.

Don't worry, time is a flat circle and I know of the flintstones, just... in a different way.

6 hours ago, Caroline said:

it's Smurfs wearing Harry Pooper's cloak of invisibility

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Don't worry, time is a flat circle and I know of the flintstones, just... in a different way.

Funny.  The original of that was actually a commercial for cigarettes.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:26 AM, DoublePlusUngood said:

Are you Terry Davis?

On 3/23/2024 at 1:55 AM, Caroline said:

You're a professional silly, what do you understand about anything?

i cant help but thing of the movie solet green "its people"...

but if it is people making these images there FUCIN GOOD AT IT...

ya there will be people making fake ai stuff steling it to get investors amaraca is funded on scams. ya there is ai that can learn things i see it all the time in speed runs ya its just a smash buttons tell something happens but still. nft was a scam and it was in your face it was a scam but who cares if you made moeny on it or not its not different from stocks.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 3/21/2024 at 3:56 AM, Sauron said:

Admittedly it would be pretty funny if it turned out that this post was AI generated...

that was my first thought when I read this lol

I'm usually as lost as you are