Headset that sound distant and realistic need help with what they're called

MrQuestionForTheWin

Hello! So back in 2016-2017 i had one friend who had those headset i think it was hyper x and his headset sounded distant/realistic where it felt like the person sining or when gaming sounded some meters away. I've never really been able to explain what i mean but i'm trying my best for you to understand. Also i had one friend back in 2018 who also had this unexplainable sound but he had steelseries arctis 5 or pro i can't remember. However i keep buying steelseries products to get this sound but i can't really get a similar one. Any thoughts? 

were they open back headphones?

I have no clue actually. Is steelseries arctis 5 open back headphones? I will explain on more thing on how it sounded like. You know how close it sounds with most headphones. Like the sound is coming from the ears. It's pretty much the opposit with those 2 guys headphones i used back then.

what you probably are looking for is something with a wide soundstage, something that has depth and allows you to easily hear the differences in various sounds instead of it all smashing together into your ear.

Wide soundstage does sound right to me somehow. My steelseries Arctis Nova Pro arrived today but it doesnt seem to have a wide soundstage beside the audio being awesome ofc. But i'm still missing this distant sound or what its called.

3 minutes ago, MrQuestionForTheWin said:

steelseries Arctis Nova Pro

well, yeah, they are closed back headphones. aside from very very few exceptions, they dont do this.
open or closed back is literally what it sounds like, closed backs are completely sealed like hearing protection tier, open backs the back of the speaker is just open to the room.
you cannot have the depth you want if it is closed off because more or less the same amount of sound coming out the front into your ear also comes out the back and reflects back int your ear or bounces around inside a bit first more like. Closed backs amplify the sound and add base, as well as make your listening experience more private and separated from your surroundings, which is why most gaming headsets are this way

On top of the other answers here, was it possible your friend was running Surround Sound simulation software to artificially increase the soundstage?

In my experience good, wide soundstage headphones aren't that far off from open-backed headphones.

The DT770 Pro and Dan Clark Ether C are both closed-back headphones and the legendary K701 doesn't sound all that much wider than them.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Yes! I remember he said something about using some sort of EQ 

But you get what i mean atleast by further away in distance type of headset. I'm probably not explaining it right but im trying my best

Both Steelseries Arctis and HyperX headsets offer surround sound software. I am very certain that's what you're talking about, and not the actual quality of the headphones.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |