Replacing OS on a camera

I have a Lumix DMC LX10, and I''m very happy with how the camera looks, but the software is idiotic.  It looks nicer than the Panasonic HC-VX981 that I'm comparing against, but has two main features that are agonizingly frustrating to deal with.

1-  No live passthrough.

It is capable of live passthrough, since when I plug the HDMI cable into a capture card, the output will show up if I am on the menu, but it refuses to output the preview of the captured content, which is the whole reason I would plug an HDMI cable into it, thanks Lumix.

2- No charging while recording.

You cannot charge the camera while it is on.  Why?  Beats me, I don't know why in the world this "feature" exists and if anybody has an explanation I'd love to listen.

All this to say that the camera itself is great, but the software is atrocious and I am wondering if there is a way to replace it.  My preliminary internet search as well as intuition tells me no, but I figured I should ask anyway, thank you all.

13 minutes ago, MetalMan1245 said:

Replacing OS on a camera
All this to say that the camera itself is great, but the software is atrocious and I am wondering if there is a way to replace it.  My preliminary internet search as well as intuition tells me no, but I figured I should ask anyway, thank you all.

It is not an OS, it is firmware.
And no, you can not replace it. You can only update it.

15 minutes ago, MetalMan1245 said:

You cannot charge the camera while it is on.  Why?  Beats me, I don't know why in the world this "feature" exists and if anybody has an explanation I'd love to listen.

It would most probably overheat.

PS
You might want to check out Sony RX100 V (or newer).

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

3 hours ago, MetalMan1245 said:

As another mentioned it might be because the hardware aren't designed for it, too much heat might be one of the reasons.

If the plan is to just use it stationary, there may be possibility to get dummy batteries that you always connect to an external power source, they exist for some cameras at least.

Other option is to have two batteries, use one while the other charge in an external charger.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking