I BUILT the Worlds Biggest Gaming TV

mynameGeoff

Thanks CoPilot Fitness for sponsoring today’s video! Head to https://go.mycopilot.com/LinusTechTips to get 14 days FREE with your own personal trainer.

Thanks Clark's AV! - check them out at https://clarksav.com/

It's here—the biggest gaming display! It's not by Hisense, it's not Samsung's The Wall, and it utterly embarrasses my 115" TCL TV. By area, this is bigger than most IMAX screens and WAY better to game on.

Check out the Epson Pro L1505UH 3LCF Laser Projector: https://lmg.gg/0kGJS

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Two videos with the title squence in a row... I assume it is just sheer chance...

Also, this was the moment I truely understood the scale of this...

image.png.a88420989f5fa1244a649eaf06b2f527.png

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

Imagine a 360 video looking at the view of all 3 projectors as they game. Would be sick

can't wait until Osu players get their hands on a touchscreen version of this

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

What was the resolution set in control panel for this?

1 hour ago, will0hlep said:

Two videos with the title squence in a row... I assume it is just sheer chance...

Just like Linus home renovation is the badminton  centre a tax write off. /s

People never go out of business.

They should have linked to the Weird Al song too.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

New project for Dan.  Build a bigger and better wall of sound

Look at my comment on the vid it's the 2nd one (ignoring pinned). Said something similar lol

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

I'm a bit surprised LTT didn't go harder with the projector. I'm assuming a limitation of what Clark's AV had available. It looks like Epson has even brighter projectors (20K+ lumens) that support HDR and HDR10+

Hello, Linus and team. This was such an excellent video. I work in the A/V industry, and seeing it get some notice is cool. I've been a video engineer for nearly 25 years and dabble in projection occasionally. I wanted to share a photo of the biggest projection map I've been a part of. 48 projectors in total, the front main screen was over 300' long, seamless with scenic elements. (We had columns that were projection-mapped, the projectors are on their side.) 6 Projectors for delay screens and one projector backstage for the client viewing area. 

20220510_112102.jpg

20220510_112102~2.jpg

20220510_111511.jpg

20220509_180309.jpg

why dont you use LED module/walls? P1.5/P1.8 its brighter, you can game with lights on.

1 hour ago, Nyaw said:

why dont you use LED module/walls?

Don't quote me on that, but I think Linus got quoted something like ten times the price of one of the three baller projectors they used in the video, for The Wall only the size that the consumer projector in part 1 could comfortably manage. So I would presume because it's not cheap by itself, and the installation and maintenance costs are probably trough the roof as well. (You need a capable HVAC system, for one. These panels ain't magic, LEDs are only 40% efficient at best, and that's when they're dim, which isn't helpful either. So 70-80% of input power is converted into heat. A lot of it.) And all that for a show that typically lasts a day or three? You bet they're just gonna rent projectors and call it a day.

This vid might just be one of the best LTTs since the series of GN-sparked controversies. No excessive information, no information is lacking, no oversimplifications, editing is on point, legitimately new interesting concept (not the projectors themselves, but rather "three dudes on a couch marveling at a rented sick projector setup") and legitimately new learning outcome. Good work.

On 3/17/2024 at 8:52 PM, will0hlep said:

Also, this was the moment I truely understood the scale of this...

image.png.a88420989f5fa1244a649eaf06b2f527.png

I just realized something. The cursor is bigger than a real mouse.

I wonder what the aspect ratio of that setup was.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

21 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

I wonder what the aspect ratio of that setup was.

That’s easy, it was 3 16:9 displays side by side, so 48:9 or 16:3.

On 3/19/2024 at 6:20 AM, Sunoo said:

That’s easy, it was 3 16:9 displays side by side, so 48:9 or 16:3.

Can't wait for films to be shot in in the glorious 5.35:1 ratio when Vision Lite goes mainstream

Wow, that's crazy cool.  Just out of curiosity, I checked Projector Central's calculator to see how it'd perform in my movie room.  I'm currently using an Epson 5050UB and shooting on a neutral gain 142" screen, which gives me 41 foot lamberts.  If I open Google, showing a mostly white screen, it can be almost uncomfortably bright.

I set the calculator to use the beast Linus tested and it went from 41 to 181, wow.  Then just for grins, I told it I pulled down my screen and replaced with a Da-Lite 121" 2.5 gain screen.  The new calculated value was 622 foot lamberts, LOL.  I think at that level, you're going to both go blind and have your wall catch fire 😄

damn this reminds me that I have a 16k lumen arc lamp dlp projector at home I have never messed with. I could at least make like a 800in tv with it.

I was going to convert it to led though first because the bulb is prob houred out and risks it exploding on start

I hope that projector has got a two year warranty on parts and labor accidental drop damage.

On 3/17/2024 at 12:59 PM, ToboRobot said:

New project for Dan.  Build a bigger and better wall of sound

Woodstock '69 had it right. Instead of 800 'normal' speakers, just use a few dozen compression horns.

image.jpeg.cb7b1588e276a6624bca75ebd0c29e2b.jpeg

And hope they don't fall on someone.

image.jpeg.452b42a9e864a59a1d51fd55f8d3e156.jpeg

wats the song at 16:15 ?

#scp

On 3/18/2024 at 4:01 AM, Nyaw said:

why dont you use LED module/walls? P1.5/P1.8 its brighter, you can game with lights on.

Its cost prohibitive. LED panels are expensive. Also an LED wall that size will have weight restrictions. Something that size would need a ground support wall and a hung wall, then powered down to mate the two together. That wall would cost several hundreds thousand dollars to rent. The purchase cost would would be in the millions.