Help! I brought an Xbox and I don’t know what to do

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
7 minutes ago, cheersalt1 said:

It’s an Xbox one, I probably should have said in the title lol. I don’t have a controller at the moment to try. 
if it’s a failed update can’t I just wipe the hard drive and reinstall Xbox os on it?

You could do that yes.

You will need a controller either way to perform the updates or reinstalls. It HAS to be a xbox one.

I brought this Xbox and when powered up it will show that it is applying some update and then it will run into that screen. Does it just need reseting? Also it didn’t come with a controller and I have tried plugging a keyboard into it and it didn’t work so will I need a controller to reset it?

any help is very appreciated!CA6426F8-9CB5-4EA4-90BE-97551A020348.thumb.jpeg.ddcca15ab2a71bcd99a49bd5fde77660.jpegDC51974F-BA5F-4E07-B014-DE79BC41E739.thumb.jpeg.20639289c96626a60f98ffad3140e5c0.jpeg

did you buy it used or new?  If you bought it used; it's pretty evident why the last owner sold it.

In either case, take it back.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

What xbox is this?

What controller did you plug into it?

It may have been sold due to bootlooping from a failed update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-e203

Yes you'll need a controller to interact and see whether it's recoverable or the console's dead.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Try getting ANY xbox one controler(compatible with series s or x consoles) those a probably cheap and pair it to the xbox and Press reset this xbox should work probably and probably you wont complain about a cheap controler as well

22 hours ago, shoutingsteve said:

did you buy it used or new?  If you bought it used; it's pretty evident why the last owner sold it.

In either case, take it back.

I brought it at a garage sale for really cheap lol

22 hours ago, nvidio860 said:

Try getting ANY xbox one controler(compatible with series s or x consoles) those a probably cheap and pair it to the xbox and Press reset this xbox should work probably and probably you wont complain about a cheap controler as well

I’ll try to borrow a controller off a mate to see if I can reset the console

22 hours ago, jaslion said:

What xbox is this?

What controller did you plug into it?

It may have been sold due to bootlooping from a failed update

It’s an Xbox one, I probably should have said in the title lol. I don’t have a controller at the moment to try. 
if it’s a failed update can’t I just wipe the hard drive and reinstall Xbox os on it?

7 minutes ago, cheersalt1 said:

You could do that yes.

You will need a controller either way to perform the updates or reinstalls. It HAS to be a xbox one.