Is long term blutooth speaker harmful for health?

Mahbub
12 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

You are essentially saying people who read mine could validate their fear; and yet the person I originally responded to was the one who make the FACTUALLY WRONG STATEMENT; and I was clearing things up.

Safe operating power DOES NOT mean a safe frequency, which point blank is what the statement I responded to said...so you are the one feigning ignorance because if you read what I said I noted that LOTS OF PEOPLE MAKE THE MISTAKE OF FREQUENCY/NON-IONIZING to mean not dangerous.  Letting that falsehood perpetuate is wrong, and should be corrected.

You want to know what this thread is about, it's about a person who is worried about the effects of it, to make a blanket statement of the FREQUENCY is wrong because if the OP googled they could easily figure out that lets say microwaves are the same frequency.  Like I said, the statement should be that bluetooth is safe to use OR that the power output of bluetooth makes it a safe technology to use.

Bluetooth and the operating 2.4GHz range hasn't be demonstrated to be safe, just demonstrated to be most likely safe or if there is a cause it's so low that it's not able to be easily detectable.

It's like if someone is talking about lightyears as a time measurement in a topic.  The simple fact is the statement I was refuting was a claim of the safety OF THE FREQUENCY NOT THE POWER.

The problem here is you can't read between lines and are arguing about something that was never said, or at the very least, I'll concede not intended (since "operates" innately includes power, within the context, in my opinion). It comes down to how you read it because you're taking it as the frequency itself when they quite clearly (in my opinion) are talking about Bluetooth the technology. The OP came in here asking about their Bluetooth speaker, not the frequency itself. They needed reassurance of whether or not their consumer item would be safe to use for an extended period of time, not whether or not the frequency it gives out is safe under all circumstances (like increased intensity).

Again, you're arguing about something entirely different, but all the power to you.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

Given the extremely low power levels that Bluetooth emits (a handful of milliwatts), as well as being non-ionizing, it’s pretty negligible. 

Compare that to something we’ve been exposed to since antiquity, the Sun, which outputs vast energy, and kicks out a fair bit of ionizing radioactive such as Ultraviolet, which actually is harmful. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 3/14/2024 at 4:40 AM, Agall said:

Outside of nuclear decay and extremely high magnitude sources like radar or radio stations, most electromagnetic emitters simply don't have the energy necessary to cause direct issues. This does include not sticking your extremities inside a microwave being one of the most common potentially harmful EM source which really just does a good job at depositing energy into water molecules.

People would literately need to be wearing the devices in inappropriate ways to even have "potential" risks, and that would largely come from the device getting damaged while, like inside your ears/nose/mouth/other-holes.

You are more likely to scratch your ears, or break the cartilage in your ears from heavy wireless headphones before you are exposed to enough bluetooth energy to even increase your risk.

What happened with OLD cell phones was people pressed the antenna to their head, which made the signal go through their head (Which is why the "you're holding it wrong" meme was a thing too)

https://www.wired.com/2010/06/iphone-4-holding-it-wrong/

There is never a zero risk, but again, people are stupid sometimes. Like to me, non-medical bluetooth devices that go into certain holes are FAR more likely to be a risk, because people will forget to clean the stupid things.

Much older wireless devices are riskier:

Walkie Talkies = 5 watts = 5 miles.

CB radios = 4 watts

Analog AMPS cell phones = 3 watts

And these old devices, got super hot, like Motorola StarTac's got hot enough to burn your skin if you used them too long.

28 minutes ago, Kisai said:

People would literately need to be wearing the devices in inappropriate ways to even have "potential" risks, and that would largely come from the device getting damaged while, like inside your ears/nose/mouth/other-holes.

You are more likely to scratch your ears, or break the cartilage in your ears from heavy wireless headphones before you are exposed to enough bluetooth energy to even increase your risk.

What happened with OLD cell phones was people pressed the antenna to their head, which made the signal go through their head (Which is why the "you're holding it wrong" meme was a thing too)

https://www.wired.com/2010/06/iphone-4-holding-it-wrong/

There is never a zero risk, but again, people are stupid sometimes. Like to me, non-medical bluetooth devices that go into certain holes are FAR more likely to be a risk, because people will forget to clean the stupid things.

Much older wireless devices are riskier:

Walkie Talkies = 5 watts = 5 miles.

CB radios = 4 watts

Analog AMPS cell phones = 3 watts

And these old devices, got super hot, like Motorola StarTac's got hot enough to burn your skin if you used them too long.

I'm not sure why you replied to me, unless you're just reiterating my point?

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

37 minutes ago, Agall said:

I'm not sure why you replied to me, unless you're just reiterating my point?

Pretty much.

This type of device is extremely harmful. I have steps on how to protect yourself. First, make a tinfoil hat. Then, delete facebook because it emits harmul rays.

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

The topic seems like a waste of resources.  No new science here, a simple web search can find the frequency, approximate wattage, and the user can determine the distance.

What I really want to know is how can Mahbub settle for that crappy little speaker?  If it were only making windows beeping sounds, that'd be one thing, but otherwise it's just not that hard to find some little amp and set of speakers with fidelity and channel separation that blows that out of the water, even if it's something cheap from a garage sale or goodwill type store.

On 3/22/2024 at 9:15 PM, Dave9 said:

The topic seems like a waste of resources.  No new science here, a simple web search can find the frequency, approximate wattage, and the user can determine the distance.

Cause Google is full of misinformation due to AI trashing it.

It's very simple. The only way radiation is dangerous is when you use it at power levels close to the body in a frequency band that will readily be absorbed by the body (Eg radar/wifi-B/G/Bluetooth/Microwave-oven), at a power level that will be felt (so we're talking about double-digits watts in all likeliness, not the sub-250mw of WiFi/BT) and if the equipment is damaged.

Like I said previously, you are more likely to be harmed by not cleaning things well. Especially headphones/earbuds, oral/anal thermometers, various sex-toys that go inside your body partially.

The more ready risk is from wearing things containing lithium batteries. Such as VR equipment, wireless headphones, and smart watches. If these things get damaged or are near end of life, the battery may overheat and explode while you are wearing it.

I've had one fitness tracker start to swell while I was wearing it, I've had PDA's that were kept in storage batteries burst through their battery compartments after not being charged for 10 years, I've had cellular phones before the iPhone heat up to skin-burning levels from regular use, and that's the battery, not the cellular power. I've used Dell and ASUS laptops that have heated up to untouchable levels. Imagine using these things for 8 hours a day near your groin or legs. You will get burned.

The risk from wireless computing devices does not come from the Wireless part, it comes from poor hygiene when cleaning the device and battery maintenance.

Only complete fools die from Microwave ovens, and that's because YT/Tiktok keeps encouraging people to do dangerous things with them. "Electric wood art"/"fractal burning" = "The most deadly project on the Internet

https://hackaday.com/2022/05/02/the-most-deadly-project-on-the-internet/

Before deciding whether the headline of this article is clickbait, please take a moment to watch the excellent video by [BigClive] below the break. And then, go to your local search engine and search the phrase “fractal burning death”. We’ll wait.

With that out of the way, we have to admit that when we saw the subject “The most deadly project on the Internet” on [bigclivedotcom]’s YouTube channel, we were a bit skeptical. It’s a big claim. But then we watched the video and did some googling. Sadly, there are over 30 documented cases of this project killing people, and more cases of permanent grievous injury.

That is what happens when google returns no "Danger! Danger will Robinson" warnings when people go searching for things that happen to be deadly dangerous and linking to nothing that actually states how dangerous something is. No instead all the elevated links in google are about how to build these things without any regard for one's personal safety.

On 3/22/2024 at 9:15 PM, Dave9 said:

What I really want to know is how can Mahbub settle for that crappy little speaker?  If it were only making windows beeping sounds, that'd be one thing, but otherwise it's just not that hard to find some little amp and set of speakers with fidelity and channel separation that blows that out of the water, even if it's something cheap from a garage sale or goodwill type store.

Find some old clock radios at a garage sale, rip the guts out of it, reuse the buttons/switches, put in a raspberry Pi or something. Like there are may ways to build one of these things, but mostly the "speaker" as a device to listen to music is pretty darn terrible. Headphones or actual 2' tall speakers give you better audio. Even aftermarket car speakers give you better audio. 

2 minutes outside in the sun is more damaging than a lifetime of exposure to low power electronics devices. 

If you're not worried about photons from the sun, don't worry about bluetooth, wifi, cell phone signals, etc. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

Frequency isn't the only factor in assessing the harm (or lack of) of electromagnetic radiation, the power/intensity/brightness matters too. Bluetooth speaker waves are analogously as intense as a teeny tiny LED light is in the visible light spectrum, while the microwave oven waves are like really bright camping torchlights in comparison.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor