Is there a way to disable gif avatars?

Camul

I just use Adblock to block element, it gets rid of everyone's avatar but it's worth it.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I just use Adblock to block element, it gets rid of everyone's avatar but it's worth it.

If I do that won't it block all of the ads too though? I'm not too sure of how adblock works tbh.

If I do that won't it block all of the ads too though? I'm not too sure of how adblock works tbh.

You can whitelist sites to not block ads on, then right click on the specific thing you want to block on the site and click Block Element, I'm using AdBlock Plus.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

it's all relative, how about this, oh poor you, you were misdiagnosed as a kid and got the wrong medication, how about those who don't have any form of medication available to them in the first place, those who can die of being stuck with a simple cold for a year, or those who die of starvation due to malnutrition over several years, what a shallow thing to complain about. It's all about perspective

Jay (Jatztwocents) was talking about how he had no time for people whinging on Twitter.  He made a very good point yes it is annoying and such to be stuck in traffic because of a car crash ahead but how much worse to be a person actually involved in that crash? It's all relative ("it's all about perspective").

By the way tobben that first one  is a pretty poor example people have been misdiagnosed as kids, given the wrong medecine, and they have been left worse of (even in vegetative states) than if nothing had been done.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Jay (Jatztwocents) was talking about how he had no time for people whinging on Twitter.  He made a very good point yes it is annoying and such to be stuck in traffic because of a car crash ahead but how much worse to be a person actually involved in that crash? It's all relative ("it's all about perspective").

By the way tobben that first one  is a pretty poor example people have been misdiagnosed as kids, given the wrong medecine, and they have been left worse of (even in vegetative states) than if nothing had been done.

i Dun goofed.

in fact you didn't seem to understand a single thing about that entire comment

I understood perfectly.  I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU.  I quoted a third party saying in other words exactly what you were saying.  Where you got this I misunderstand from is a mystery to me.

Then my comment about misdiagnosis was SPOT on .  I have personal experience of someone who was misdiagnosed and medicated/treated for the WRONG cause, this has left them with special needs indeed they are in a worse state than if they had been left alone.

"This too shall pass"

I understood perfectly.  I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU.  I quoted a third party saying in other words exactly what you were saying.  Where you got this I misunderstand from is a mystery to me.

Then my comment about misdiagnosis was SPOT on .  I have personal experience of someone who was misdiagnosed and medicated/treated for the WRONG cause, this has left them with special needs indeed they are in a worse state than if they had been left alone.

all that effort for nothing, that giant pointless text wall of redundancy all wasted, i feel tired just thinking about it, i have to lay down for a moment..

i assumed you were making that quote as a  snarky remark in the way it was phrased, yes it certainly is a bad example, wrong medication/treatment can have serious consequences, i just used that as that is what the guy i was quoting said, the point i was making with the example was that it didn't make any sense, i could deliver some excuses but this isn't the first misunderstanding today so i wont, some things are hard to tell from plain text, atleast when you start adding things that aren't there in the first place because that's how our marvelous brain works.

good thing it was just a misunderstanding.

@tobben NP

"This too shall pass"

Since you're asking me if I have a disorder, were you born with reduced cognitive function?

I'm just confused as to why my dislike of animated avatars on a forum is such a difficult thing to understand. I was under the impression people here were able to understand each other but so far the posts on this thread aren't giving me high hopes for the future.

I'm with you, rapid repetition of something freaks me out, it's not a medical thing and I'm not mentally ill.

Thing is I use tapatalk so the gifs don't load unless I click on them

I agree, GIF's are annoying, if i'm trying to read an article and there is a moving image, my eyes move to that image every 2-3 seconds (because our eyes are attracted to moving objects). It's why people use adblock, moving ads are annoying as hell, especially when you're trying to read something and you have this ad for a movie going on the left side of the screen. I don't see why any forum would allow gifs as avatars anyway, the whole point of a forum is to read things, why would allow gifs on a site where the whole point is reading things. It's like having flashing lights on a busy road, you're meant to be focused on the road, not the obnoxious flashing lights on the side of the road.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Mine is kinda creepy i think i need to find a new one but im only new here  :)