Is there a way to disable gif avatars?

Camul

Is there a setting to make it so they don't play or even appear? They're so annoying.

Currently that would be a negative

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

only certain browsers have that capability i believe.Here's something i found. hope this helps..

for Firefox:

Type in the address " about:config " into your address bar.

In the Filter field, enter “animation“.

Select " image.animation_mode " and change its value from normal to none.

From now on, when an animated GIF is embedded in a page, you will only see the first frame of animation.

for chrome get this one :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stop-animations/gemmknjnneiojfjelmgappppbaneikda

:ph34r:

Details separate people.

Some of them are a bit too much I know... there are some that are "ok" in my opinion. You're talking about the crazy ones or all of them including subtle ones?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

How are animated avatar annoying?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

maybe GIF reminds him of GF (Which he does not like because of childhood romance that went sour)

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

Firefox workaround worked for me.

Now to change it back as I neither love nor hate animated gif avatars

and I am worried about unforseen happenings if I have animations cancelled.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Use GreaseMonkey, can replace them or remove them.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

only certain browsers have that capability i believe.Here's something i found. hope this helps..

Thanks. They'll do.

Some of them are a bit too much I know... there are some that are "ok" in my opinion. You're talking about the crazy ones or all of them including subtle ones?

I don't mean all of them. A walking chicken in Minecraft isn't bad. It's just the ones that are so over the top.

maybe GIF reminds him of GF (Which he does not like because of childhood romance that went sour)

Jokes on you. I'm gay! :P

How are animated avatar annoying?

Trying to read something with a seizure inducing gif or random movement out of the corner of my eye is just not fun.

I'm kind of sad this forum has made a habit of me hitting the escape key to stop all gifs with any web page... I have to reload them when I actually want to see the gif.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

The issue with GIF is?

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Trying to read something with a seizure inducing gif or random movement out of the corner of my eye is just not fun.

I'm kind of sad this forum has made a habit of me hitting the escape key to stop all gifs with any web page... I have to reload them when I actually want to see the gif.

I haven't seen any seizure inducing GIF used as avatar yet, if you see one, report it to a mod/admin and I'm sure they will gladly remove it.

If all it takes is some random movement on the side to distract you enough that it prevent you from reading a post, that's kind of your problem, no?  Why punish everybody when only a few people can't handle it for some inexplicable reason?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I haven't seen any seizure inducing GIF used as avatar yet, if you see one, report it to a mod/admin and I'm sure they will gladly remove it.

If all it takes is some random movement on the side to distract you enough that it prevent you from reading a post, that's kind of your problem, no?  Why punish everybody when only a few people can't handle it for some inexplicable reason?

When reading 4 or 5 posts and they all have an erratic gif it's just too distracting. I'm clearly not the only one so it's not just my problem, but this is what gif blocker is for, and I never said the forum needs them gone but having a disable option within our own profile to disable it for our profile wouldn't be bad either. Hardly punishing.

When reading 4 or 5 posts and they all have an erratic gif it's just too distracting. I'm clearly not the only one so it's not just my problem, but this is what gif blocker is for, and I never said the forum needs them gone but having a disable option within our own profile to disable it for our profile wouldn't be bad either. Hardly punishing.

ADHD?

ADD?

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

ADHD?

ADD?

Since you're asking me if I have a disorder, were you born with reduced cognitive function?

I'm just confused as to why my dislike of animated avatars on a forum is such a difficult thing to understand. I was under the impression people here were able to understand each other but so far the posts on this thread aren't giving me high hopes for the future.

Since you're asking me if I have a disorder, were you born with reduced cognitive function?

I'm just confused as to why my dislike of animated avatars on a forum is such a difficult thing to understand. I was under the impression people here were able to understand each other but so far the posts on this thread aren't giving me high hopes for the future.

I was misdiagnosed with ADHD as a kid, put on drugs that caused me to have seizures, would you like a cup of tea to sooth your GIF pain now?

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

I was misdiagnosed with ADHD as a kid, put on drugs that caused me to have seizures, would you like a cup of tea to sooth your GIF pain now?

Is any of this supposed to make me like gifs?

Is any of this supposed to make me like gifs?

No, just a very very shallow thing to dislike.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

No, just a very very shallow thing to dislike.

how is that shallow, it's all relative, how about this, oh poor you, you were misdiagnosed as a kid and got the wrong medication, how about those who don't have any form of medication available to them in the first place, those who can die of being stuck with a simple cold for a year, or those who die of starvation due to malnutrition over several years, what a shallow thing to complain about. It's all about perspective, right now we are on the forum, so lets discuss things related to that.

btw i'm not trying to be rude, and don't take it literally, i'm just making a point here.

exaggerations aside i find gifs annoying, i dislike having them on the forum, i don't like the forum looking like a blinding blinking sizzling rainbow, looking like it's trying to jump out of the computer screen,  but honestly, i think it has become alot better than it was a while ago, for the most part i don't find them as distracting as previously because there doesn't seem to be as many, and the gifs that are here aren't as crazy as the majority was.

how is that shallow, it's all relative, how about this, oh poor you, you were misdiagnosed as a kid and got the wrong medication, how about those who don't have any form of medication available to them in the first place, those who can die of being stuck with a simple cold for a year, or those who die of starvation due to malnutrition over several years, what a shallow thing to complain about. It's all about perspective, right now we are on the forum, so lets discuss things related to that.

btw i'm not trying to be rude, and don't take it literally, i'm just making a point here.

exaggerations aside i find gifs annoying, i dislike having them on the forum, i don't like the forum looking like a blinding blinking sizzling rainbow, looking like it's trying to jump out of the computer screen,  but honestly, i think it has become alot better than it was a while ago, for the most part i don't find them as distracting as previously because there doesn't seem to be as many, and the gifs that are here aren't as crazy as the majority was.

Point taken.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert