How to only login as root?

I am using vanilla Debian and I want to remove my user account and only have the root account. Is this possible?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

1 minute ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

I am using vanilla Debian and I want to remove my user account and only have the root account. Is this possible?

You should be able to delete other users as root if you use "deluser <username>".

Of course that's not really recommended for security reason. You should generally log in as a regular user and use "sudo" to do things with administrative privileges that require them.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

What is the reason that you want to do this?

If you're needing to run a lot of commands as root, and are getting annoyed by needing to type "sudo" a bunch, or something that you're doing needs to be root for whatever reason, you can run the command "sudo su" to become root in that session, do what you need to do, then simply logout, exit the terminal, or switch back to your own account.

I can't think of any situation where this solution is not better from the perspectives of both security and system stability compared to removing all user accounts and only running as root.

Doing regular user things as root is an incredibly bad idea. Half the reason Linux is as 'secure' as it is, is because you don't run everything as root.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Doing regular user things as root is an incredibly bad idea. Half the reason Linux is as 'secure' as it is, is because you don't run everything as root.

Also using a user prevents you from permanently fuckin up the system most of the time

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

And why Windows has long since moved away from "always run as Administrator"

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Like others said, possible but bad idea

Sudo make me a sandwich 

DON'T DO THIS, THIS IS HIGHLY INSECURE. If you want to just login as root than just enter root:yourpassword on the login screen. And why are u even doing this? Just do sudo su for repetitive root tasks.