Looking for a cheap mic for Discord calls

Sarra

I had a super cheap USB desk mic from Best Buy. It was amazing, until it died. It still worked, but the output volume of it was insanely low. I checked all settings, but I could not get the volume to a reasonable level. It was basically not usable for anything, so it's been sent to recycling.

So, I'm looking for an inexpensive mic that isn't ewaste. My webcam has a mic, and while it's 'usable', it's trash tier, and apparently my voice is extremely distorted while using it. I played with settings, but it's just a really low quality ewaste level mic, as well.

Before anyone asks, other programs were having the same quality problems with both mics, not just Discord.

I'm looking for either a 3.5mm jack equipped mic, since I have a 3.5mm jack for Mic input on my PC, or a USB mic. If it's inexpensive and high enough quality, I could use it for recording voiceovers for my nearly dead, not currently being worked on YouTube channel (I ran out of space for video files, so I can't really do anything with it). Desk mount or lapel, I don't care, just want something reasonable quality that I can go direct into my PC with, either via USB or 3.5mm.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

2 hours ago, IgniVellex said:

What's your budget?

Oh shoot, I forgot that.

I mean, realistically, I want to go cheap, but I could go up to $80. If there's something that would be reasonable quality for streaming, video calls, and maybe doing voiceovers that's around $120, that might be good too.

13 hours ago, Sarra said:

Oh shoot, I forgot that.

I mean, realistically, I want to go cheap, but I could go up to $80. If there's something that would be reasonable quality for streaming, video calls, and maybe doing voiceovers that's around $120, that might be good too.

I have been using the NZXT capsule for a while now, and it's really good. It's plug and play (no software required) and provides good sound quality. I think LTT also has a video on it. It's 100 USD. I have been using it for youtube videos and streaming and never had a problem.

3 hours ago, IgniVellex said:

I have been using the NZXT capsule for a while now, and it's really good. It's plug and play (no software required) and provides good sound quality. I think LTT also has a video on it. It's 100 USD. I have been using it for youtube videos and streaming and never had a problem.

Thank you!