I dont even know how this is possible, I have a R9 5900X going to 114% usage and I wanted to know if anyone has any idea what the problem is, I dont have other parts to test and here is what I have of information so far:

I start to notice that the cooler was always going 100% and temps were always in 90-95C so I enable the temp limit on PBO on 75C and for my surprise didnt lose any perfomance, still boosting and holding nicely on almost 5GHz on cinebench.

Previous to that I was only using PBO with no temp limit.

I already tested with PBO desable, clean windows 11 and windows 10 instalation, BIOS reset to default and the problem of the temperature is still there, but the last time I was doing the test I notice that the CPU utilization was over 100%.

I started to notice this problem back when the pump of my old AIO stopped working (It was a Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO 2020 edition, so it had the clogging problem), I though the problem was only temperature because one of the tubes wasnt even flowing water anymore but even with another cooler the temperature problem continues and I dont know if it has relation to the CPU usage problem.

On Task Manager it only shows 100% usage because the graph can only go up to 100%.

My PC spec:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X

Cooler: Pichau Dark Star P1 Extreme
Motherboard: ROG B550 Strix Gaming A
RAM: 4x16GB XPG D60G CL18 3600MHz

GPU: RX 570 4GB SAPPHIRE PULSE

PSU: Corsair RM850X White (2018)

Fans: 9 Lian Li Unifans SL 120mm

Case: Lian Li O11D

114.jpg

HWMonitor is known to give false sensor reports, odds are this is what's going on here. Use HWInfo64 instead as it's much more reliable at reading this kind of data.

Read what is says on the right column it means the the max could be at 114% and that is not possible since it would be too hot and thermal throttle.

Core Utility got to 117% and Total CPU 110% on HWInfo64
This was 10min of Cinebench R24 results were 1140 points

13 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

HWMonitor is known to give false sensor reports, odds are this is what's going on here. Use HWInfo64 instead as it's much more reliable at reading this kind of data.

2.jpg

1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Xaps said:

and Total CPU 110% on HWInfo64

no it didn't... 100% flat. (the two top rows are of concern to most users,  the other ones not really) 

20240303_054555.thumb.png.4e22c8758f2db35f6f35f4c5ae005d47.png

are you sure you understand what these figures mean? are you experiencing issues while using this system? 

it seems to run quite hot so i guess thats possible but im curious what the issues are you are experiencing,  if any.

ps: i recommend an aircooler btw. always.  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

no it didn't... 100% flat. (the two top rows are of concern to most users,  the other ones not really) 

20240303_054555.thumb.png.4e22c8758f2db35f6f35f4c5ae005d47.png

are you sure you understand what these figures mean? are you experiencing issues while using this system? 

it seems to run quite hot so i guess thats possible but im curious what the issues are you are experiencing,  if any.

ps: i recommend an aircooler btw. always.  

Wasnt the core utility and total CPU utility flat at 100% too?

Also, the PC is working fine, but Im worried this can have relation to the temperature problem and become a worst problem later on. The idea of posting this is to see if anyone has ever seen this type of situation before. And I wouldnt have any money to buy parts at the moment so if there is something I can do for now to make it last longer, or at least the CPU to run cooler.

Core Utility and Total CPU Utility include turbo/PBO speeds. It's normal (and expected) for them to read more than 100%.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

33 minutes ago, Xaps said:

Wasnt the core utility and total CPU utility flat at 100% too?

Also, the PC is working fine, but Im worried this can have relation to the temperature problem and become a worst problem later on. The idea of posting this is to see if anyone has ever seen this type of situation before. And I wouldnt have any money to buy parts at the moment so if there is something I can do for now to make it last longer, or at least the CPU to run cooler.

well as said the top rows are important to you, 100% is totally expected running cinebench.  

as for the temps get an aircooler,  quite simple solution,  hopefully!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Clearly, your CPU is the rare Ryzen 9 1701, and Mr. Scott's giving her all she's got.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.