AV to HDMI?

Hi! So I am connecting my DVD with SCART cable that ends with the three yellow red and white cables to an AV to HDMI upscaler and then from the upscaler to the Samsung Smart TV with HDMI cable. The then recoginzes that there is a device once I power on the DVD but says No signal and doesn't recognize it. It also doesn't appear in the devices using the manual setting and setting it to blu-ray player doesn't help. So can I even use this like that?

you need an analog to digital convertor

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

oh, does the upscaler not have that? I saw other people use it on the internet without anything else.

15 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

well if you are sure, can you link me to one that is cheap, under 25 dollars? And also how do I use it?

9 hours ago, stefanmz said:

oh, does the upscaler not have that? I saw other people use it on the internet without anything else.

i dont no witch one you have you didn't provide thows details

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

i mean you can buy a cheap dvd player that has component/ composit, hdmi and probly s video...

scart cables can do it all but depends on how its set up. component is red green blue well composit is yellow red white.

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i mean you can buy a cheap dvd player that has component/ composit, hdmi and probly s video...

scart cables can do it all but depends on how its set up. component is red green blue well composit is yellow red white.

well my converter is yellow red white and the sacra cable to the other three cables too, so composite. Any idea why it doesn't work? I get a blue screen saying No Signal when I go to its output. I don't have the option to buy another dvd player right now, plus I need to use usb on my dvd so that will probably limit my options and I want to keep my current one.

3 minutes ago, stefanmz said:

well my converter is yellow red white and the sacra cable to the other three cables too, so composite. Any idea why it doesn't work? I get a blue screen saying No Signal when I go to its output. I don't have the option to buy another dvd player right now, plus I need to use usb on my dvd so that will probably limit my options and I want to keep my current one.

i dont no what the problem is. posably a probly with scart being 50hrz and its outputing 60hrz but i dont no...a scart dvd player seems old well its a vary good connector when talking about analog connectors there old and most use hdmi i would guess.

16 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Did you plug in the USB power to a AC adapter?

no to the tv. Should I try in an AC adapter?

6 hours ago, stefanmz said:

no to the tv. Should I try in an AC adapter?

It says it needs 5v 1a, I am guessing that the tv is usb2 only and giving 5v 500ma. It could just be not getting the power that it needs. I'd try an adapter.

4 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

It says it needs 5v 1a, I am guessing that the tv is usb2 only and giving 5v 500ma. It could just be not getting the power that it needs. I'd try an adapter.

oh ok

9 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

well it didn't work, I tried a 3A adapter since I didn't have an 1A. Do you think that's fine? It was still the same as before like that 

8 minutes ago, stefanmz said:

well it didn't work, I tried a 3A adapter since I didn't have an 1A. Do you think that's fine? It was still the same as before like that 

Yea, More is amps is not a problem, the device will only use what it needs. I'm out of ideas ;(

On 3/5/2024 at 10:42 AM, Blue4130 said:

Yea, More is amps is not a problem, the device will only use what it needs. I'm out of ideas ;(

that's ok, me too I guess I could try to contact Samsung to ask them if the smart tv is even compatible with Analog Devices and if it is, I could get a technician come look at it or something. I mean if it doesn't work, it doesn't work whatever I am gonna get a new dvd in the future or just use something else, if it works, that's great but anyway thanks for trying to help! If someone else knows something in the meantime you are free to chime in anytime but thanks to everyone for the replies!

4 hours ago, stefanmz said:

that's ok, me too I guess I could try to contact Samsung to ask them if the smart tv is even compatible with Analog Devices and if it is, I could get a technician come look at it or something. I mean if it doesn't work, it doesn't work whatever I am gonna get a new dvd in the future or just use something else, if it works, that's great but anyway thanks for trying to help! If someone else knows something in the meantime you are free to chime in anytime but thanks to everyone for the replies!

But it's not an analog signal anymore. That box is essentially an analog to digital converter. It could just be a bad/broken converter. Try swapping it for a different one.