Youtube premium cheaper when NOT signed into a google account?

I was previously subscribed to YouTube premium and my parents wanted to know how much it cost for them to get it as well (and since I already have it, YouTube rightfully said, "you have it, want to manage your subscription instead?"). As any person who knows how a web browser works in depth, I opened a private window so I did not have to sign out of YouTube to check the prices, and my parent sends me this picture from the YouTube app with the prices that I see.

Now, I would give credit to Google for thinking that we are in different geographic regions, but I am VPNed into the EXACT SAME BUILDING as my parent (so, the exact same IP address), yet we get 2 different prices (my parent is signed into their google account)? Does anyone else notice this (screenshots attached. My device is the computer, and my parents device is the iphone)?

IMG_20240302_085223-blurred.png

Screenshot_20240302_085037-blurred.png

15 minutes ago, soccermomisqueen said:

and my parents device is the iphone

I suspect the price your parents are seeing is likely higher because they're viewing on the app on iPhone. Apple will take a 30% cut of subscriptions. Youtube is just passing that cost on to the consumers.
The way around paying the Apple Tax is to just go to the website and subscribe directly instead of doing it through the iOS app.

I did check logged in to my account and incognito (both on desktop) and while the price is the same Youtube does not show me family or student plan options when logged in even when viewing the same youtube.com/premium page. Not sure why it doesn't give me the family or student options.

(This is Australian pricing)

Logged in:

image.png

Not logged in:

image.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450