Any metal heads?

Any metal heads out there? 🤘

Most importantly any maggots here? 

Simply answer below your top 5 bands / songs. I’m curious what you all listen to!

MAIN: i9 13900k @5.8 Ghz - Asus Z790 Maximus Extreme - Corsair Dominator 64GB 7200mhz - Asus Rog RTX 4090 OC 24gb - 4TB Crucial T700, 2TB WD Black, 8TB HDD, Corsair AX1600 - Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE LCD XT Display 420mm Liquid CPU Cooler - Phanteks Enthoo 719

LATOP: i7 10700k , RTX 2070 (ASUS ROG G15)

LTT MERCH I OWN: 6x Screwdrivers, 1x Backpack, 1x Tech Pouch, 3x CPU Pillows, 5x Water Bottles

14 hours ago, S_Solar said:

Simply answer below your top 5 bands / songs. I’m curious what you all listen to!

O hi, I like Slipknot's first 4 albums (self-titled to All Hope Is Gone), the later stuff doesn't quite do it for me besides a couple of songs.

Anyway, besides Slipknot:

1. Blasphemer by Sodom. Ridiculous lyrics and I love it for it.
  2. Heartwork by Carcass, S-tier fine wine melodeath album.
  3. Soul Evisceration by Bloodbath. Killer guitar tone here.
  4. Signal by Silent Planet. Djenty modern metal(core) goodness, great way to test your speakers' bass.
  5. False Meridian by Invent Animate. Like #4, but more riffy.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

23 hours ago, S_Solar said:

Right now, from slipknot, I have been listening to these songs a lot:

Skeptic

Duality

Psychosocial

Before I Forget

The Devil in I

and a whole lot more obviously but those are my most recently listened-to songs from slipknot

Other band top 5's:

1. Avenged Sevenfold: Tie between Buried Alive and Nightmare

2. Come and Get it - I Prevail

3. Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth

4. Five Finger Death Punch - The entire "War is the Answer" album

5. Sebastian Bach - What Have I Got to Lose

so many more that I love, tons of Metallica songs like No Leaf Clover, 3 Days Grace's "the animal i've become". There's not a whole ton of metal I don't like really

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

9 hours ago, 8tg said:

IMG_2085.thumb.jpeg.d2b07724bcf362ff239be7c579f910ca.jpeg

the goat

hell yeah! you can't go wrong with metallica. Currently listening to The Unforgiven. 

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

On 3/1/2024 at 5:48 AM, emothxughts said:

O hi, I like Slipknot's first 4 albums (self-titled to All Hope Is Gone), the later stuff doesn't quite do it for me besides a couple of songs.

I think Slipknot fell off hard after All Hope is Gone. Their newer albums just aren't as good. Maybe that's because most of their line-up has changed over the years and the remaining band members are constantly falling out with each other. Sad, really, because it was by far the biggest influence on my musical tastes in my teens and early adulthood.

These are my 5 current favourite songs:

Crystals - Electric Callboy

Der Schmied - Stahlmann

The Drug In Me Is You - Falling in Reverse

When the Night Falls - Iced Earth

Metalingus - Alter Bridge

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Oh boy, thank god it's no longer around the turn of the millennium. I know people who would've thrown a massive fit if someone even hinted at the possibility that Slipknot, or nu metal in general, could be considered metal at all. Ah, brings back memories. Never was a fan of their music though.

I was always more interested in black and death metal. If I have to narrow it down to five bands and songs, it'd be these right now, no particular order:

Nocte Obducta - Und Pan spielt die Flöte

Nasheim - Sövande mjöd vill jag tömma

Moonsorrow - Tulimyrksy

Geïst - Winters Schwingenschlag

At The Gates - Under A Serpent Sun

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

1 hour ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Oh boy, thank god it's no longer around the turn of the millennium. I know people who would've thrown a massive fit if someone even hinted at the possibility that Slipknot, or nu metal in general, could be considered metal at all. Ah, brings back memories. Never was a fan of their music though.

I’m all for stirring shit up on what is and isn’t metal

IMG_2092.thumb.jpeg.8e87332455c4fb846c0b793e682d90d2.jpeg

got a metal boomer uncle in the family who’s one of those “pantera isn’t metal, only Black Sabbath is metal” stereotypes

i like to annoy them by mentioning how the anthrax and public enemy tour collab did more for exposing new audiences to metal genres than any of his rambling about the inherent talent of Lars in the line at McDonalds ever will  

I'm a 90's metal head.  Prefer Metallica over most but do enjoy Pantera, Anthrax, Megadeth, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead and many more from the metal/rock genre's.  Here's a couple grainy pictures I took with a disposable 35mm camera at the free concert Metallica played in Philadelphia in 1997.  Oldtimers is setting in 🙂 but I want to say I have seen them maybe 14-15 times over the years. 🤘

metallica4.jpg

metallica8.jpg

Yes you said top 5... I can't pick, so have some bonus, they aren't ordered in any particular way either. My top 2 are definitely Rivers of Nihil and Hath for somewhat recent releases. (I just discovered Rivers of Nihil a few years ago even though the album was released 2018) Slipknot was my first taste into some "heavier" rock music and most importantly, double bass pedals! So yes... you can consider me a maggot, while I haven't listened to a lot of the more recent releases, the OG slipknot from back in early/mid 2000's was my jam.

I had the opportunity to meet up with #7 at a local guitar center a while ago as well. Super awesome to meet, outside of the mask.

Rivers of Nihil - Where Owls Know My Name

Hath - All That Was Promised

Mastadon - Once More 'Round the Sun

The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal

Alustrium - A Monument in Silence

Psycroptic - As the Kingdom Drowns

As Blood Runs Black - Allegiance

Fit For An Autopsy - Oh What the Future Holds

She Must Burn - Grimoire

The Faceless - Akeldama

🤘

On 3/4/2024 at 1:42 PM, 8tg said:

I’m all for stirring shit up on what is and isn’t metal

IMG_2092.thumb.jpeg.8e87332455c4fb846c0b793e682d90d2.jpeg

got a metal boomer uncle in the family who’s one of those “pantera isn’t metal, only Black Sabbath is metal” stereotypes

i like to annoy them by mentioning how the anthrax and public enemy tour collab did more for exposing new audiences to metal genres than any of his rambling about the inherent talent of Lars in the line at McDonalds ever will  

the hellbilly deluxe album from rob zombie fucking slaps.

fantastic song

I don't think I have a favorite metal song, but my favorite metal bands are:

System of a Down

Static X

Skid Row

Maximum the Hormone

Nightwish

Scars on Broadway

Rob Zombie

Ministry

But I also don't listen to metal all that often anymore and instead a lot more to Rock 'n Roll & Hard Rock.

Jinjer, going to go see them again next month.

Iron Maiden.

All That Remains.

Oceans Ate Alaska.

Lamb Of God. I gained a lot of respect for them during pandemic lock downs.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?