Anybody still using PS3/Xbox 360 for media streaming?

Occasionally, I pull out my old PS3 and Xbox 360 and enjoy messing around in the services to see which of them still work. To my surprise, most of the streaming services (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) not only still work but are still being updated to the latest version of the app! So I wanted to know, are there still anybody using these to stream media? I doubt there are (as display resolution is a problem), but I wanted to see how long people used these for.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

I don't use any of the streaming services on any them since I own much newer devices, but it is kinda neat that they still work. I do however still use a PS3 to watch 1080p Blu-rays. It puts out a better image than the PS5 does in my opinion, plus using the PS3 Blu-ray remote is just an infinitely better experience than the PS4 Blu-ray remote and the PS5 Media Remote. I even use a different PS3 hooked up to a CRT for watching DVDs.

Not streaming, they can’t decode and output modern video codecs properly, so no 4K, no HDR.

That being said, PS3 is still a decent blu ray player, I use it for movies occasionally.

On 2/26/2024 at 8:41 AM, GoStormPlays said:

Occasionally, I pull out my old PS3 and Xbox 360 and enjoy messing around in the services to see which of them still work. To my surprise, most of the streaming services (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) not only still work but are still being updated to the latest version of the app! So I wanted to know, are there still anybody using these to stream media? I doubt there are (as display resolution is a problem), but I wanted to see how long people used these for.

If I'm on my PS3 to play some older games, I sometimes open youtube just to see if it still works, and sometimes I'll watch a video or two on it. Like many others have said, the PS3 is a fantastic blu-ray player, so if I'm watching something on it, it's usually a blu-ray.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

Posted (edited)

people probly much rather use a player then the ps3 as there costly to buy and want to preservem em for well ps3 games...

but i turned my ps3 on the other day and the ui is just to dam good compared to xbox and nintendo...i dont no about the ps4 and 5 but man small things make it seem so much better. i was looking at the seting and was blown away by how much options there was. but i guess the ps3 can be consider the goldan age i sapos.

i did spend $750 new and only played lbp...🤷‍♂️🤔

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links