A guide to RGB?

OnionRings
Go to solution Solved by PcBeExpensive,
9 hours ago, OnionRings said:

So basically if I want to sync my ram, I need non corsair? or?

If you want to sync your RAM RGB to any other RGB controlling software (other than SignalRGB and maybe a few other softwares) you will need non Corsair RAM.

So I have more RGB in my rig then ever before, late to the parade, I am unsure exactly how to sync it all together.

My fans and cooler are all plugged into the same hub, and the ram is just... well plugged into the motherboard 🤣

Since the fans and cooler, and case fans are all lian LI, I tried L conect 3, but my ram doesn't seem to show up on there, but it would be nice to sync it with the fans. Any ideas?

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

1 hour ago, OnionRings said:

So I have more RGB in my rig then ever before, late to the parade, I am unsure exactly how to sync it all together.

My fans and cooler are all plugged into the same hub, and the ram is just... well plugged into the motherboard 🤣

Since the fans and cooler, and case fans are all lian LI, I tried L conect 3, but my ram doesn't seem to show up on there, but it would be nice to sync it with the fans. Any ideas?

If you have Corsair RAM you have to use Icue, I didn't realise that until I bought my corsair RAM. It's a pain in the arse.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

6 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

If you have Corsair RAM you have to use Icue, I didn't realise that until I bought my corsair RAM. It's a pain in the arse.

OOF... guess I can't sync them then, stinky.

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

does ur lian li stuff have a normal 3pin`?

15 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Everything should be 4 pin.

CPU

12 hours ago, OnionRings said:

Everything should be 4 pin.

lian li does not make RGB? so no?

5 hours ago, NorKris said:

lian li does not make RGB? so no?

I believe OP is talking about RGB fans.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

14 hours ago, OnionRings said:

OOF... guess I can't sync them then, stinky.

Yeah the corsair stuff is annoying.

My First PC

47 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah the corsair stuff is annoying.

Corsair stuff is rly ARGB 3pin too 

20 hours ago, NorKris said:

lian li stuff uses jst-sm as far as i no unless they changed in but dont think so.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

28 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

lian li stuff uses jst-sm as far as i no unless they changed in but dont think so.

ye u might be right about that,  so the "almost normal 3pin"  😄 

All I have from lian li is their galahad II trinity cooler, their lancool 216 case, and both of those plug in with 4 pins so when @NorKrisasked if they were 4 pin, thats what I was referring to.

I don't have anything else from them, just the case and cooler, and I was hoping to somehow sync the ram, but its fine if I can't, ill just pick a nice static color and set it all that way.

CPU

13 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

All I have from lian li is their galahad II trinity cooler, their lancool 216 case, and both of those plug in with 4 pins so when @NorKrisasked if they were 4 pin, thats what I was referring to.

I don't have anything else from them, just the case and cooler, and I was hoping to somehow sync the ram, but its fine if I can't, ill just pick a nice static color and set it all that way.

had to do some googling...  The lian li stuff is   standard JST 3pin ARGB, case looks to be Standard 3pin ARGB 

soo all this can go into  icue 

12 hours ago, NorKris said:

Corsair stuff is rly ARGB 3pin too 

Corsair has their own seperate RGB connector that doesn't work with other RGB devices or plugs.

My First PC

5 hours ago, NorKris said:

had to do some googling...  The lian li stuff is   standard JST 3pin ARGB, case looks to be Standard 3pin ARGB 

soo all this can go into  icue 

OOOOOOOH you meant the RGB pins, my bad LOL I thought you meant the PWM plugs. *facepalm* yea, those are 3 pin 5v lol....

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Corsair has their own seperate RGB connector that doesn't work with other RGB devices or plugs.

CPU

4 hours ago, OnionRings said:

OOOOOOOH you meant the RGB pins, my bad LOL I thought you meant the PWM plugs. *facepalm* yea, those are 3 pin 5v lol....

we are in the RGB part of the forum 😉 

4 hours ago, OnionRings said:

no u connect everything to commander pro's or node pro's and use icue 

13 hours ago, NorKris said:

ye u might be right about that,  so the "almost normal 3pin"  😄 

well its the normal out side of pc. almost all rolls of strips have it. but because of pc had to make there own thing thow there ues to be many different connectors atleast most mb uses "standerd" connectors...

but adapter are easy to find or make. and rolls of strip will just work.

the rgb connector is cheaper to make thow and can work as a male,female and pcb mount so...

the cd drive audio uses the corsair connetor

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

41 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well its the normal out side of pc. almost all rolls of strips have it. but because of pc had to make there own thing thow there ues to be many different connectors atleast most mb uses "standerd" connectors...

but adapter are easy to find or make. and rolls of strip will just work.

the rgb connector is cheaper to make thow and can work as a male,female and pcb mount so...

the cd drive audio uses the corsair connetor

iknow  but we   "in pc" now  😄 

21 minutes ago, NorKris said:

iknow  but we   "in pc" now  😄 

"other rgb" 👌

2015....🤔

"pc rgb' 🤮

Edited by thrasher_565

9 hours ago, OnionRings said:

If you want to sync your RAM RGB to any other RGB controlling software (other than SignalRGB and maybe a few other softwares) you will need non Corsair RAM.

My First PC