Can anyone recommend a good college regarding computer engineering?

I want to be a computer engineer, and I'm looking for a CSU or UC in CALIFORNIA that has a good computer engineering program. If you have any recommendations please let me know and if your job is a computer engineer than please let me know how it is and if it's worth pursuing! Thanks 

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

Santa Barbara has a good program, if you have a high enough GPA

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Cal Poly?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm currently in a CE program. It's a lot of work and really painful.

what do you mean by painful?

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

what do you mean by painful?

I'm only in second term, but this has been my experience so far.

I am currently taking 6 courses (one is a joke course). Each course requires multiple hours of homework/studying/lab work each week.

School is 8:30am to 4:30pm almost every day this term (3-4 hours of lectures + tutorials + labs). Last term was 8:30am to 5:30pm and next term is 8:30 to 5:30 with Monday being a 8:30 am to 8:30 pm (at least that's what I'm told; I take 7 courses next term)

Basically, you have to devote the majority of your time to it and you have to be dedicated to it. I don't think I've talked to a single person who tried to coast through first or second term that didn't fail courses.

I would expect it to be about the same in America as it is in Canada, so be ready if you want to do this.

I'm only in second term, but this has been my experience so far.

I am currently taking 6 courses (one is a joke course). Each course requires multiple hours of homework/studying/lab work each week.

School is 8:30am to 4:30pm almost every day this term (3-4 hours of lectures + tutorials + labs). Last term was 8:30am to 5:30pm and next term is 8:30 to 5:30 with Monday being a 8:30 am to 8:30 pm (at least that's what I'm told; I take 7 courses next term)

Basically, you have to devote the majority of your time to it and you have to be dedicated to it. I don't think I've talked to a single person who tried to coast through first or second term that didn't fail courses.

I would expect it to be about the same in America as it is in Canada, so be ready if you want to do this.

Thats college for ya?

Thats college for ya?

Is it? People I know in math and arts don't seem to be under nearly as much of a work load. One guy doing CS was doing 3 courses for his first term and was doing 6 on his second.

Anything with engineering in the name is guaranteed to be a heavy workload, at least at a Canadian university.

Is it? People I know in math and arts don't seem to be under nearly as much of a work load. One guy doing CS was doing 3 courses for his first term and was doing 6 on his second.

Anything with engineering in the name is guaranteed to be a heavy workload, at least at a Canadian university.

can't you chose to do less than all 6 courses in for each semester?

yes also just assume college is going to be a lot of work and hard

maybe, depends on the college/university

One of my profs told the class "an engineering degree certifies that you can handle a heavy workload, so you can't do your degree over 10 years, taking 3 courses per term" (I'm in co-op so normal degree length is 5 years)

Plus University of Waterloo gives you no choice in courses whatsoever until 4th term, except in rare cases. I know a guy who was in 4th year math and went into CE and does not have to redo first year calc.

yes also just assume college is going to be a lot of work and hard

I dunno, I know someone in 4th year history who doesn't really try that hard, and someone in psychology who's working a part time job and doing school at the same time. If you tried to do a part time job and do engi at Waterloo, you'd probably fail out.

Penn State has very good engineering credentials.. I know you said something in California but I would look into Penn State if possible.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |