Best power supply for 60€

sythee

Hi guys I'll keep this short.

Last year in july I bought an MSI MagA550BN power supply and it has been buzzing and Started clicking the last week. (Only does that when I'm in premiere pro)

So now I'm looking for a new one since I think this one can explode at any second. We don't have an msi office here so i can't send it in for warranty nor do I want to be without my pc for a while.

I am from Serbia and I use monitor.rs website, if someone can find me a decent one that's from the tier list in that range i will be so thankful.

Pc specs:

Ryzen 5 2400g

A320mh

16gb ram (2x8)

Gigabyte rx 580 4gb

Samsung m.2 980 500gb

Kingston sa 400gb sata ssd

@Dedayog @Middcore @PDifolco any of u guys understand the PSU labels and protections and stuff?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Actually, I found something that's familiar, here's a CorsairCX quite decent PSU, it's got 450W which is recommended for your GPU's power, it's a C tier PSU which is way better than the other hundreds of E tier PSUs that are on the website, and it has a 5 year warranty if I'm reading that correctly:

https://www.monitor.rs/napajanja/450W-Corsair-CX450M-CP-9020219-EU

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

1 hour ago, podkall said:

@Dedayog @Middcore @PDifolco any of u guys understand the PSU labels and protections and stuff?

The main thing I know about reading PSU labels is to look at what the actual wattage for the 12v rail is because that's the "fine print" which gives away a lot of junk PSUs that claim a wattage they can't deliver.

Protections, nada. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

28 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The main thing I know about reading PSU labels is to look at what the actual wattage for the 12v rail is because that's the "fine print" which gives away a lot of junk PSUs that claim a wattage they can't deliver.

Protections, nada. 

yeah Corsair CX sounds pretty good:

image.png.3bf778c4208ac55b6e2ce2ac02a90d05.png

PC:

PCs I used before:

3 hours ago, podkall said:

Actually, I found something that's familiar, here's a CorsairCX quite decent PSU, it's got 450W which is recommended for your GPU's power, it's a C tier PSU which is way better than the other hundreds of E tier PSUs that are on the website, and it has a 5 year warranty if I'm reading that correctly:

https://www.monitor.rs/napajanja/450W-Corsair-CX450M-CP-9020219-EU

Thanks for that. Is this one better than the msi MagA550BN that i currently have? I thought the msi wasn't that bad but it let me down.

3 hours ago, podkall said:

I don't read labels, I check at PSU Cultists and Cybenetics 😛 

Cheap reliable => https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8LNxFT/msi-mag-a-bn-650-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-mag-a650bn

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

19 hours ago, sythee said:

We don't have an msi office here so i can't send it in for warranty nor do I want to be without my pc for a while.

Here in Norway the store that sold you the defective product is responsible for processing warranty claims(on behalf of the manufacturer). Have you tried contacting the store?

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

25 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

Here in Norway the store that sold you the defective product is responsible for processing warranty claims(on behalf of the manufacturer). Have you tried contacting the store?

I can contact the store, but as I said, I don't want to be without a pc for a while, it would probably take like a month.

5 minutes ago, sythee said:

I can contact the store, but as I said, I don't want to be without a pc for a while, it would probably take like a month.

That's understandable, but you can just do it after you buy the new one and then sell the replacement they send you.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

23 hours ago, sythee said:

Pc specs:

Ryzen 5 2400g

A320mh

16gb ram (2x8)

Gigabyte rx 580 4gb

Samsung m.2 980 500gb

Kingston sa 400gb sata ssd

This configuration would consume less than 100 watts when you're not gaming

2400g = ~ 40-60 watts

a320mh = ~ 10 watts (chipset, onboard audio, network)

16 gb ram = ~ 2w per stick , so 4w in total\

gigabyte rx 580 = 10-20w in windows, watching a movie, editing a video etc , if you're gaming it may consume up to 175-200 watts

ssds consume around 3-5 watts each.

You say buzzing ... it's important to make a distinction between coil whine and actual buzzing caused by a bad contact. Coil whine is just annoying but isn't a fault in the power supply and doesn't damage components and it's caused by the mix of components you have, it's an interaction between how psu converts high voltage to 12v and how the motherboard converts 12v to lower voltages the cpu needs and the way the video card converts 12v to the lower voltages the gpu chip needs.

Buzzing can be of a different kind, like for example when the AC cable is too loose inside the power supply socket ... check psu socket and make sure the pins are not damaged or dirty... it the ac cable comes out very easily, a simple fix would be to change the AC cable, they're standard cables you can buy from IT stores.

You say clicking happens only in Premiere ... Premiere can use the video card to decode the video played in the timeline, or when rendering projects. It's possible you're hearing the video card fans turning on and off when Premiere uses the video card to decode video or use the video card to render content.

Anyway, if you insist on buying something else, how about you list some online stores you can buy from and we may be able to link to some models you can buy.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

This configuration would consume less than 100 watts when you're not gaming

2400g = ~ 40-60 watts

a320mh = ~ 10 watts (chipset, onboard audio, network)

16 gb ram = ~ 2w per stick , so 4w in total\

gigabyte rx 580 = 10-20w in windows, watching a movie, editing a video etc , if you're gaming it may consume up to 175-200 watts

ssds consume around 3-5 watts each.

You say buzzing ... it's important to make a distinction between coil whine and actual buzzing caused by a bad contact. Coil whine is just annoying but isn't a fault in the power supply and doesn't damage components and it's caused by the mix of components you have, it's an interaction between how psu converts high voltage to 12v and how the motherboard converts 12v to lower voltages the cpu needs and the way the video card converts 12v to the lower voltages the gpu chip needs.

Buzzing can be of a different kind, like for example when the AC cable is too loose inside the power supply socket ... check psu socket and make sure the pins are not damaged or dirty... it the ac cable comes out very easily, a simple fix would be to change the AC cable, they're standard cables you can buy from IT stores.

You say clicking happens only in Premiere ... Premiere can use the video card to decode the video played in the timeline, or when rendering projects. It's possible you're hearing the video card fans turning on and off when Premiere uses the video card to decode video or use the video card to render content.

Anyway, if you insist on buying something else, how about you list some online stores you can buy from and we may be able to link to some models you can buy.

Totally agree with everything but the coil whine. This buzz is special - more like a electrical kind of buzzing, i have tried cleaning the psu (it wasn't even dirty) reseated it, and it was still making the same noises. I guess the only thing I didn't do is changing the power cable (I've got an old one from my older power supply). Won't hurt to try but thank you for spending your time to help me. Also i don't think my gpu is the one clicking... the clicking happens when loading in a specific project (a more demanding one) and it just keeps clicking whenever i go through the timeline.