VLC: Why does changing album name / save metadata - wipe out all album details if rest untouched?

All tracks were 'read-only'. Unchecked for editing. Reapplied 'read only' then save.

The only thing changed in metadata was the "Halo 9" removed from the end of the album name. Save metadata, poof: all details gone. If you look back into the metadata - all the info is in there: title, artist, track etc (untouched).

What gives here?!

nin.jpg

** Here on the West Coast USA **

VLC is weird with id3 tags, use mp3tag is all i can suggest

As someone who rips large quantities of CDs and applies tags to them all the time, wmp and vlc both gave me a lot of issues that i have no explanation for

i simply found it to be a lot more reliable, drag and drop album art, select all and rename bits of it, save as you go and it live updates and doesnt need to rebuild the entire thing

it also gave me less issues with effectively mirroring id3 tags to individual songs i would then add to an albums folder, and everything else would recognize that folder as one album just the same

versus doing it with wmp where it would think thats two different albums even if they had the same tags, or vlc which would do this annoying thing where it would make each track its own album if they had different song artists even if they all had the same album artist and album name

tds.thumb.png.5670bdf4d5fed1660ea05243cf83934a.png

also the downward spiral is based